Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-02-2005, 09:41 AM   #1  

Default October Walkers -- Walking Away the Pounds!

SunnyD Donna usually starts these, so I hope I'm not stepping on her toes by going ahead and getting started!

September is behind us and we had a great month! Whether or not we met our goals, we worked toward them and that's what counts. If you have trouble getting motivated, just do a little each day. Ten minutes of walking a day is better than doing nothing! Ten minutes twice a day gives you 20 minutes and you're on your way!

Whether you walk outside or to a DVD, whether you walk for speed or time or distance, it's movement that counts. Do it your way and how it fits with your lifestyle -- just do it!

I passed my September goal of 50 miles by walking 2 or 3 miles most days a week. I will be traveling a lot during October so I'm revising my goal to:

** At least 15 minutes of SOMETHING PHYSICAL everyday **
** NO SODAS!!! **

Let us know your goals and then keep us posted on how you're doing. Here's to a great October!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:00 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

My goal for October is going to be 40miles. I'm pretty sure I'll walk more then that but I dont wanna get down on myself if I set my goal too high and not make it. Ya know....
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:13 PM   #3  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
My goal for October is to walk 75 miles. I got a great start on that this morning by doing my 3 mile WATP Express video.
Talk to you all later.
Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 01:18 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 206/200/135

Height: 5'2"

HI Newby Here,
What a great idea. My goal is just to walk at least 3 days a week. I will worry about the miles later.
Goal: 12 days To Date: 1 day down
yankeegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #5  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

I walked 4.5 miles on the 1st and another 4.5 miles on the second of October. Goal is 90 miles. (6 days a week, hour a day)
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 03:26 PM   #6  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I didn't make my September goal, so I'm scaling it back to a more achieveable 30 miles for October. I'm already well on my way with 2 miles yesterday and a 5K (3.1 miles) today!

Happy walking!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 04:04 PM   #7  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Happy October Ladies!

I passed my goal of 50 miles for September (did 60 miles) but am sticking with the same goal for October. I have one week of walking left in the WATP book and will be cutting back my walking to 5 days a week instead of the 6 I have been doing after that. The weekends are busy for me sometimes but I have managed to get my walks in early except this weekend. TOM hit me hard and Sat. was bad. I thought I would walk today and still not feeling up to it. So...here's to a new month, and a new goal ladies.

Happy Walking

Oct. Goal~50 miles
Miles walked~0
Miles to go~50
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 06:38 PM   #8  

Everybody sounds so enthusiastic! What a great way to start the month. Even when we didn't make our goals, we're reassessing them and making sure that they are doable for US. That's the best way to make sure that we stay on track.

Yesterday I did a 3-mile circuit, and today I did a 3-mile WATP. I'll be staying in a hotel the rest of the week, so I'll do stairs or walk outside or (my last choice) the fitness room.

Have a great week everybody and I'll check back in next Saturday!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 12:49 AM   #9  
Hanging in Texas

My goal this month is 30 miles. I figure 1 mile a day, I can do that. I want to shoot for the 10,000 steps a day that they say is beneficial to your health but I realize that is like 5 miles a day...WAY TOO much for me right now, but do-able in the future! I look forward to checking in at the end of the week to find out how everyone is doing. Thanks for all the encouragement and support ya'll offer!

Pam
pamintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:01 AM   #10  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good morning ladies~

Dinah~hey, any way you can get it in is good! And going up and down stairs a few times is a lot of steps. WTG on the two 3 mile walks!

Pam~a mile a day is a good start. I heard on the radio a couple of days ago that just a 30 minute walk at least 3 days a week will add 10 years to your life! So, WTG on your mile!

I got in my 3 mile walk this morning, wasn't feeling so great but I did it anyway and feel better.

Happy walking ladies! And have a great day!

Oct. Goal~50 miles
Miles Walked~3
Miles to go~47
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 11:13 AM   #11  
you can call me flower

S/C/G: 205/165/149

Height: 5-5

Just got back from my morning walk. 4 miles and I had to almost double my normal pace, it is COLD out this morning. When I jogged across streets, my glasses fogged up!

13/90 Oct miles
flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:57 PM   #12  

Oh Ladies I want to join you. I am committing to walking six days a week. so far this month I have walked 3.5 so wooo hooo for me.
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #13  
desperatehousewife

Hello everyone! I would love to join your group My goal for october is to walk at least 900 mins.

October walking: 900 mins.
Mins. walked: 60 mins.

Happy walking!
someday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:06 PM   #14  

I'm committing to walk 40 Miles for October. I did great in September (54 miles), but I'm going to incorporate some Pilates and Ab and weight workouts this month. I'm so glad to see the walkers here... motivated and enthusiastic. Thanks for being contageous (in a good way..lol) and for walking with me in October!

Looking good, Feeling better.
UntilMOMMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 04:08 PM   #15  

Oh yeah.... I did 3 miles this morning.
UntilMOMMI is offline   Reply With Quote