Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-28-2005, 12:00 PM   #91  

Oct. 26th - 4 mile express super challenge video
Oct. 27th - Walk & kick video - 2 miles
I'm up to 66 miles, of my 75 mile goal.
However, I've now developed a heel spur and am looking for some advice. I want to workout this morning, but not sure if I should push myself to do it or if I should let it rest instead. Has anyone dealt with this before and have some advice? Any would be very appreciated.
Thanks...
KG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 02:22 PM   #92  

Hi Walkers!!!

My goal for this month was 35 miles and I have done 39! I'm so happy that I exceeded my goal. I will still be doing some walking for the next couple of days till the month ends.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
seemzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 04:11 PM   #93  

I'm with you the more accountability the better! I haven't posted in a couple of days so Wed walked 2 miles Thur 1.5 Friday 3 miles my total now is 43 so far this month. The month is quickly coming to an end. Man where does the time go?
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:44 PM   #94  
I CAN do it!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/145

Height: 5'8

Walked 40 mins tonight!!! Tomorrow: Relaxation and a Halloween Party!!!
MeganMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 11:38 PM   #95  
Going goal.

S/C/G: 316/ticker/140

Height: 5'6" & 3/4"

50 minutes; 2 and 1/2 miles at the track
pixiefalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:17 PM   #96  

KG67 - I have had heel spurs before and have one now. Check out heelspurs.com. My advice is ice it, do the stretches they show on that site, and rest it if you can.

I did a 2-mile fatburner with Leslie.
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 03:24 PM   #97  

I walked 45 minutes last night at a brisk pace. My pedometer says only a 1/2 mile. I think it's set up wrong. I guessed that I step about 1 1/2 feet with each step.
Valerie Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 11:44 PM   #98  
Going goal.

2 1/2 miles
Old 10-30-2005, 01:28 PM   #99  
Going goal.

And again.. 2 1/2
Old 10-31-2005, 11:22 AM   #100  

I took Friday off to rest my heel spur, and it hasn't bothered me since. I've been trying to massage and stretch more though. I think I just caught it early enough. I think I figured out what caused it. I bought some stretchie bands and I used it do help do some leg lifts while laying on my side. I think I must of over did it and put too much strain on my foot. I'm just so glad it's GONE now!!! I did buy some new Nike walking shoes yesterday, I can't wait to try them out this morning!
Sat. I walked 2 miles of my 4mile express video w/ Leslie. I also took my girl scouts to a local Halloween maze and walked at least a mile there.
I'm up to 69.5 of my 75 mile goal, so I'm going to really have to get busy today to meet my goal!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 02:08 PM   #101  

For the month a grand total of 47.5 I am so excited that I did this. Are we going to log again for November? Great going everyone!!!! Pixie I love your tracker!
luflic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:06 PM   #102  

What a great month we all had!

I had to reduce my goal somewhat because of foot problems, but I'm not getting too discouraged! I'll see the podiatrist Wednesday and hopefully get back on my feet.

Right now, wrap your arms around yourself and give yourself a great big hug! And always remember, if even you didn't meet your goal, you tried, and in trying, you moved, and in moving, you did more than you would have if you hadn't moved!!!
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 10:31 PM   #103  
Going goal.

4 1/2 miles today which comes to a total of 21 1/2 over a 9 day period.. *w00t*
Old 11-01-2005, 12:51 AM   #104  

I'm so excited! I just joined earlier this month, and just completed my first goal. I had to walk 3 different times today, to get it all in, but I finally finished. I had a goal of 75 miles for the month, and I actually got in 75.5!!! It feels so good, and I would of never pushed myself that hard if it hadn't been for the accountability of this site and Leslie's tapes. I just got a new set of her workouts in the mail today, it was WATP for ABs with the AB belt. I only did the 3 mile from the set, but really liked the music and atmosphere of the series.
Congrats to all who completed their goals, and if you didn't just keep moving anyway, and tomorrow's a new month to start over and try again, and at least MOVE~
Dinah, I'm so glad you're not discouraged. You're doing all the right things to correct your foot problems, and I'm sure you'll be back up and moving full force very soon and until then just do what you can! And, thanks so much for your help and advice with my foot pain. Thankfully I caught mine in time and all the great advice worked and all pain is now gone!!!
Looking forward to a great November. I guess the next step is to decide on our November goal...