Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 12:51 PM   #16  

Default Hi all!

Thanks for the invite Ilene!! I am excited to have found this site. I am a newbie. But I have been in this boat for some time. I am always looking for advise on how to improve my running. I have only been running for about 5 months. I am trying to reach a goal of doing a 15k in Mid-March of 2006. I need all the encouragement I can get. Just reading all of your posts has already inspired me.

Thanks!!
Old 10-10-2005, 12:57 PM   #17  
Natty Dread Runner

Hi gals,
I'm still alive, My internet has still not been connected at home so i'm using a pc at a cafe for now and with an almost two year old it's hard to get to a pc often. Now he's spending the day with his dad so i got a break. I'm still running, completed the c25k K last month and I feel great, I'm actually down to 130 lbs, I can't believe it, but I'm sure it has something to do with the scourching heat here, and me running around finaliing thing for my new job that should have been done a long time ago.

I have not had time to read up on all your accomplishments, but i'll say a general congrats and keep running.

Hi MrsDawson, Hi Ilene, sorry i can't remember everybody's name.

Congrats Anne!!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #18  
Ilene the Bean

Leanne HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! and CONGRATS on the great time!!

to CoolRunners Dega!

Congrats on your 5k Jaime!!

I didn't run today but I had an awesome 9k on Sunday... It was finally cool out so it felt great!
Old 10-11-2005, 06:35 AM   #19  

Good Morning Ladies!

I did my run this morning. 2.2 miles. It feels so good once I get myself out there!! Have a great day.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:20 AM   #20  
Ilene the Bean

Tuesday's I usually run with the group of gals but it's raining today so I just may run at the gym when I go in a few minutes...
Old 10-12-2005, 02:14 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Ilene...c'mon, live a little and run in the rain! Haha I tried to use that raining excuse with my friend once and she said "you know it might be raining on the day of the race too and if we train in these conditions we'll have an edge on our competition" it ended up being one of our better runs even avoiding all the puddles at the park.

As far as my running, I did a 5-mi pace run this morning with intervals and I was so proud because I've been working up from 3 and I wasn't sure I could do the whole thing. I guess sometimes I surprise myself!
Old 10-13-2005, 12:02 AM   #22  
Ilene the Bean

Tuesday it didn't rain at all, it was gorgeously cool... I love cool weather I still run in my shorts and it was only 10C out... The girls from the running group said that they run rain or shine... So I promise to go when it rains too because you're right LIz it could certainly rain on race day... I love this group it motivates me a LOT... We are doing a 5k on the 29th...
Old 10-13-2005, 08:44 PM   #23  

You girls are great. I am so ashamed. I didn't run yesterday or today. Of course I was at a dude ranch with work, but yall are talking about running in the rain. And I am making excuses just because my schedule isn't just the way I think it should be. I also promise to work harder at not letting things get in my way. I am back on schedule. I will run first thing in the morning.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:14 PM   #24  
Ilene the Bean

Dega -- Just so you feel really really bad and that you work out with no excuses tomorrow.... I ran in the POURING POURING rain today for 25 minutes... I never stopped once or slowed down, it was awesome... It's the first, but not the last time I do that, I felt like a kid...
Old 10-14-2005, 08:31 AM   #25  

woohoo go Ilene! I just did my 4 miles strides run on the treadmill but after work will be running at the park. Only a 20% chance of rain though so I suppose I am lucky... my challenge is the 5-k next weekend will be in an area that is said to be somewhat hilly and it is totally flat here. We will see how it goes.
Old 10-14-2005, 01:46 PM   #26  
Made my Goal weight!

hehehe, I have never run in the pouring rain before, but I must say sometimes it is nice to get wet and feel like a kid again eh?

Leanne
Old 10-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #27  

Hey I always figure the more fun you can make running the better so if it takes some splashing around in puddles so be it...never hurt us when we WERE kids right?

I did my long run (8miles) yesterday and then a quick 3 miles on the treadmill today. Happy Monday!
Old 10-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #28  

Hello all!

I haven't gotten to try out the running in the rain yet. Hey I live in Sunny Florida. But it has started to cool off a little. I ran 1 mile yesterday. I missed my weight class today because of scheduling conflicts but I managed to do a quick 30 min walk at lunch.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:31 PM   #29  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Hey guys just checking in with everyone So sorry about my not posting earlier. I haven't run since last week :O i don't know what's gotten into me I haven't been doing so good since TOM arrived last week but I will get back on the wagon soon. I gotta shake this laziness. It's feels great to be checking in though.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:05 PM   #30  
Ilene the Bean

Dega -- Maybe you can run away from hurricane Wilma!! From the news around here sounds like it's going to be a good one, AGAIN!

MrsD -- Good for you for posting... It's a start once you feel off track a bit...

Ran today it was gorgeeeous out! Sunny and a cool 10C ... and we were about 20 of us running, cars get nervous when they see us coming
Closed Thread