Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 11:23 PM   #121  
KAR

Hi Ladies,
I am still walking strong every morning before going to work. I did my Walk and Jog DVD this morning, so I got in 2.5 miles. I am now up to 40.5 miles for my monthly goal of 50 miles. I think I am going to get up and do my 3 mile WATP video before I have to get ready to go to a Math workshop for school. I will be there all day long and then have to go sit through my stepsons' football game. So I need something to motivate me and get me going for the day.
Looks like you are all busy logging your miles in for the month of September. Keep up the awesome work!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Kerry
Old 09-17-2005, 06:07 AM   #122  

Thank you fishwoman and everone else who answered

I will look in my book to try and find out about the distance. If I can't firgure it out I will just set minute goals LOL How does that sound? I haven't done very well this week with the tread mill due to fencing issues but I did do my own little stepper and aoerobic in front of survivor. Keep it up everyone!
Danica
Old 09-17-2005, 10:13 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Wink I can walk all year 'round? Cool!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMunday
Yes! WATP rules!!! Check out www.lesliesansone.com. She is the bomb. You can get her tapes/dvd's basically anywhere.
{{{Tracy}}}
Thanks so much for providing this link! The last "exercise" tape (VHS) I purchased, many, many years ago, got worn out and recycled.

Sometimes, I just scare myself. I haven't been paying attention - Now that I've made a firm commitment to taking care of my tired body, I was starting to dread the thought of not getting "outside" to walk when the weather becomes inclement. DUH!!!!!!!!!!!

On the other hand, there truly are no more excuses left for not moving this booty.

Though I've seen Leslie Sansone mentioned in various posts, I wasn't at all familiar with her workout method. I've ordered the WATP DVD and book (books/ready really keep me motivated to move).Thanks again, Tracy. If that link wasn't right there to check out, I'm sure I wouldn't have searched out the site.

Well, until then, it's back outside - not pouring yet

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jean
Old 09-17-2005, 12:54 PM   #124  

Jean,

Your most welcome! I am glad I could help. I am the same way though! I kept coming up with all of these excuses (some of them were true though!) awhile ago because my mom (I am 32 years old lol) kept bugging me to exercise everyday and get myself back into shape. She didn't believe none of the excuses! Even the ones that were real!!! Now of course she don't bug me about it lol. She can't.... I am walking more then anything lol. I swear my legs and feel get more ware and tare then the tires on my car now lol. Just as an example lol.

Edited: Removed color from font. Found it was harder to read with the color used.
Old 09-17-2005, 02:53 PM   #125  

Hi everyone!!! I was part of this group last year and want to join up again. I hope it's not too late to join the september challange. Since school started I have stopped walking and just been plain lazy now I'm ready to get back to walking and getting healthier . PLUS I could use a few endorphins for school lol. I find myself tired all the time at school and I KNOW it's because the lack of exercise. Anyway, my goal for the next 2 weeks is 30 miles.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:30 PM   #126  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang
cleaned house today
walked over 2 miles
later gaters
Old 09-18-2005, 11:55 AM   #127  

Hi everybody, I'm up to 29 miles for the month toward my 50 mile goal. I missed three days this week--NOT GOOD. Thursday I had planned as an off day, but then Friday after work we went out for dinner and got in late, and then Saturday I was working on bills all day and never got out of my nightgown. But this morning I got up and drove to the bike trail and walked three miles. So, today is the first day of the rest of my life!

Still waiting for my new dvds from Collage -- a George Foreman and another Leslie. But meanwhile, I bought the book "The Complete Guide to Walking" by Mark Fenton. For those of you who enjoy outdoor walking, it is absolutely worth buying. He has a great week-by-week walking program that will take you through a year, and it's set up by minutes as opposed to distance, which I like.

Stay happy, everyone!
Old 09-18-2005, 12:37 PM   #128  
KAR

Afternoon Ladies,
Sounds like everyone is busy getting in some walking time this weekend. Yesterday morning I walked 3 miles with my WATP for the abs tape and this morning I did my 3 mile WATP express tape. This morning my 7 year-old stepsons joined in with me on the workout. It was fun being able to workout with them. They if said that they want to go out to the lake this afternoon and walk around there. They must be paying me back for going to their football game yesterdayevening after getting up early and going to a class for work yesterday morning. I am now up to 48.5 miles for the month. My goal was to get 50 miles in. So I guess I need to raise the bar for next month. I would like weigh by Dec. 175 pounds or less, so I guess that is why I have been really pushing myself to get my walks in and also go to Curves 3 evenings a week. Well off to the shower to get cleaned up for the day. Hope you all enjoy your Sunday afternoon!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-18-2005, 12:40 PM   #129  

Dinah,

Good morning! Sounds like my week! I took it easy Friday because the kids got out of school early (11 in the morning!!) and I had lots of running to do.... pick up puppy from surgery at vets, banking, and so forth. So that day was blown. Then Saturday was just blown lol. Today I made a huge breakfast and tried not to eat to much. I only had 2 small pancakes, 2 tbs. syrup, 4 turkey bacon, and a ½ cup of eggs with black coffee. Now, I am going to get off of this computer and get ready to go and walk my whole town again lol. I have to get myself back to moving again lol. Today is better then waiting till Monday!

This week will be better for both of us! Starting today we will both walk away the pounds!
Old 09-18-2005, 02:56 PM   #130  

1 hour and 45 minutes walking around town.... roughly 4 miles I would guess.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:11 PM   #131  
KAR

Went for about a 1 mile walk with my family around the little island at our local lake. I could have taken a longer walk but the kids were complaining. Since they did walk 3 miles with me this morning, I could understand why they were tired. So that makes it 49.5 miles.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:22 PM   #132  

Kar73,

It looks like you had an awesome day too! Congrats. I know what you mean about the kids! Mine always want to stop and sit or whatever. And we just like to keep going. It gets hard on them... but that is partially because of how lazy our country has become! Our kids today would rather watch tv then walk around town. But with all of us making such healthy changes in our lives.... our kids should follow by our good examples.... and in turn maybe others children will follow as well! We can wish and hope anyway. Again, congrats on your great day!
Old 09-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #133  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Keep Moving

Welcome back to the new folks! The more the merrier.
Thanks to the ladies who've shared about - it's so inspiring to me. As much as I like to walk, it gets very challenging some mornings/evenings to get started. (And Dinah, I'm relieved to learn I'm not the only one who has days that don't make it out of the nightgown! But we can still get a lot accomplished on such days.)

I realize how many moments within a morning, I'm ready to give fitness a backseat to whatever else presents itself. No wonder I got so flabby and out of breath!

Today was my daughter's birthday and I knew there'd be temptations for overeating. So, I made sure to get out this morning for 3 miles - I still ate more than I needed but not the way I used to. Tomorrow is weigh-in day (at home).

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Jean
Old 09-19-2005, 12:28 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

Hello everyone,

Last week I did 9mi WATP.

Have a GREAT day!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:27 AM   #135  

Hi to all...I hope It's not too late to join this thread.
I Just bought the WATP book and love it!
I am doing the 6 week plan...well my first week I logged 8 miles.
I'm off to a great start...and feel very motivated.
I found this thread at just the right time!
Closed Thread