Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 03:06 PM   #31  

I got in 1.5 miles today. September miles: 3
Old 09-05-2005, 05:18 PM   #32  

Smile

I walked 4.5+ miles today -- the humidity's down, it's a holiday, and I felt great. I'm up to 10.5 toward my 50-mile September goal.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:23 PM   #33  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

Height: 5'3"

I did a total of 3.52 miles today. The family went on a brief walk on a nearby nature trail this morning so hubby could check on something. It totaled .52 mile. Then this afternoon I popped in the Power Walk-3 miles DVD and did it with my 1.5 pound weights. I even did all the reps this time!

Hope everyone has had a great 3-day weekend!

Michele
Old 09-05-2005, 09:39 PM   #34  

Hello September Walkers!

I got in my 2-mile WATP video today. I did it with 3 lb. weights this time. It was great. I felt energized.

I set my September goal to 20 miles and only have 12 to go. Next time I'll set my goal a little higher, but I'm just getting started... lol.. I had to give myself a lil space this time.

For once... I'm so very glad to be surrounded by a bunch of losers.. lol. Losing pounds and losing the cigs... that is awesome!

Luv you guys!
Old 09-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/120

Height: 5 foot 4

1 Mile
Old 09-05-2005, 10:41 PM   #36  
KAR

Evening Ladies,
Well I got 10 minutes of my walk and jog video in this morning. Than got interrupted with company twice. Usually if that happens I never go back and finish it. But I am here to say that I was good and went back this evening and finished it. So there was 2.5 miles. Than my dh came home asked if I wanted to go for a walk through town. SO we went on a 3 mile walk. So I got a good start on my walking for this week.
Sounds like everyone had a nice day today and was able to get some walking in. Keep up the good work gals!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-05-2005, 11:33 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Height: 5'4"

Default More miles, more miles

Just reading through these threads motivated me to get back out this evening for another 2.5 miles! Glad to read everyone is having a good weekend. I just don't want the holiday to end and I'm up way too late

Again, Ladies, thanks for being here. I truly feel I'm going to get through this.

Hugs,
JP
Old 09-05-2005, 11:47 PM   #38  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Hiya everyone.. Hope you had a great weekend.. My DH went into hospital for three days last week (for ten years and well, his whole life, he's never been in the hospital.. had pneumonia in June, they think it snuck back up on him and made him deathly ill.. it was scary) and was sick since Monday.. so I did well for most of it but ended up not eating one day except two small granola bars that morning.. which made me reaaaaally tired the next day. We just drove in from Beaumont. It's 10:30 pm now, we went to Emily's baby shower. It was great, kids had a ball fishing in my Papa's pond, caught their first fish!, got to see their great-grandparents, fed cows and gathered eggs, etc. We all have colds, all six kids and us. So needless to say I'm not worried about my challenge. Just saying hello. I have appointments for him and the kids tomorrow and Wed. so I'll be driving nearly all day both days. Hope you all are doing well, sorry to come and unload. Hope to slow down and can get back to worrying about myself a little. We'll see. (I did pretty good when I was gone, just didn't track it all. Think I probably maintained. I hope!) Have a great week. If I don't get back this week, I hope to start next Monday off with a bang! Hugs! (Oh yeah, if you want to see that article they did about me on www.AmericaOnTheMove.org, just go to the site, and sign in real quick, then log in with your password and it'll come right up as the featured story thingy. LOL. It's odd to see myself there, but neat too. Good motivation I think. Hope you get to go look at it.) Bye for now!
Old 09-06-2005, 01:24 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 298/288/175

Hello Everyone,

Although I am sick, flu/cold since Saturday, I was able to get in the WATP 2 miles this evening.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:09 AM   #40  

Hi, all! I haven't been in here in several months, but I started walking again the other day and wanted to come back. I walked 2.5 miles on Sunday and 2.5 miles yesterday. I won't be able to do that every day, so I'm going to make 30 miles my goal for September. Glad to see so many people are still walking, walking, walking. Soon2B, sorry to hear about everything that's going on. I'll check out America on The Move. That's awesome! Keep it up everyone.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #41  

I did my 2 mile WATP video w/ 3 lb. weights this morning... boy those weights really make a difference. I'm glad to be around you ladies (and gents too) who find the time to take care of yourself. It makes me feel like it's all going to pay off sooner or later.

I can't believe how many ppl have lost over 100 lbs! I need to do that, and it is so motivating to see that it CAN be done. The way I look at it...with my walk.... I'm 2 miles closer to that goal...lol.

Luv you guys.

See you on the 3FC walking trails
Old 09-06-2005, 12:27 PM   #42  
KAR

Afternoon everyone,
Hope everyone is enjoying this nice fall sunny day. I walked 2 miles this morning with my Walk and Kick dvd. So that got my day off to a good start. I think my total is now up to 16 miles towards my goal of 50 miles. I am hoping to get another short walk in this evening after my busy day, just don't know if I can fit it into my schedule. I have to teach my regular special needs class until 2:45 p.m. Than I have my afterschool program job from 3-5. Than I have to run into the town I live in which is about 15 minutes away from school to weigh in at my TOPS. Than leave there and go back to school for the Open House at 6. Than I have another meeting at 8. So I am going to be one busy lady today.
Soon2Be I hope your family is feeling better. I will keep your family in my prayers.
Keep up the good work!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-06-2005, 06:24 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 187/187/135

Default Weather here makes walking easier

Good evening everyone!

I'm humbled to read posts from Soon2B and Allie - keeping fit irregardless of challenges like colds and flu. You inspire me, Ladies! Hope everyone feels better soon.

After almost 30 years, I'm back to school. Figured I was too busy today to walk. Shortly after the thought came, I realized that sort of thinking/rationale got me to my current (unhealthy-for-me) weight. "Lunch time," I left the office and tooled around outside for 2 miles. Strongly suspect that coming back to 3FC has made me accountable now.

Throwin' it on the "miles pile" and coming in at a total of 6!

JP
Old 09-06-2005, 07:19 PM   #44  

Got up early and did the 2.5 Walk/Jog DVD. September miles: 5.5
Old 09-06-2005, 08:09 PM   #45  

I am not good at journalling my exercise. Again, thanks to fitday it makes sure I tally it up in there. I did 5½ miles WATP and I also mowed 2 yards today for 110 minutes of that. I literally didn't get to sit down most of the morning haha.
Closed Thread