Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-24-2005, 10:06 PM   #16  

Tracy,
I also suffer from Panic disorder..mine is when I drive. Its partially due to the brain serotonin levels. So when you and I went on SBD, we didnt eat as many carbs and hence our anxiety, panic problems etc increased.
Beans as in the list carla gave have the protein and they could have been used to help make a successful phase 1 on SBD.

My suggestion for you is to eat protein First before you hit the carbos..

You mention you dont like bf. ..try a low carb yogurt (carb control by dannon) and add some kashi go lean crunch..which you can top with the yogurt or eat as a snacky type thing. This keeps me satsified for hours.

Then start lunch with some protein type foods. Keep on hand sweet ready made protein shakes for when pm snacking wants to get you.
Make sure whenever you want an afternoon snack you pair it with protein.

I think you would love the book I mentioned..also check out soulcysters website..(sp)
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 08:12 AM   #17  

Quote:
Tracy,
I also suffer from Panic disorder..mine is when I drive. Its partially due to the brain serotonin levels. So when you and I went on SBD, we didnt eat as many carbs and hence our anxiety, panic problems etc increased.
Beans as in the list carla gave have the protein and they could have been used to help make a successful phase 1 on SBD.
Part of my problem on this diet was that I don't eat many of the foods on there list! However, I have got my whole family into eating califlower, brocolli and other veggies! But we are still very picky eaters.

Quote:
My suggestion for you is to eat protein First before you hit the carbos..
You bet! This is what I do most of the time. I still eat a little like SBD. Like yesterday I had 2 fried (in I can't believe it's not butter spray) eggs, 3 peices of turkey bacon and then I had an english muffin with brummel and brown butter spread. All of that is SBD allowed foods except for the english muffin, which I ate last. I do eat more carbs throughout the day then SBD phase 1 allows though. I have noticed I feel better when I do that. But I don't eat a lot of them.

Quote:
You mention you dont like bf. ..try a low carb yogurt (carb control by dannon) and add some kashi go lean crunch..which you can top with the yogurt or eat as a snacky type thing. This keeps me satsified for hours.
Oh boy, I feel so dumb... I can't figure out what "bf" stands for lol??? I love low carb yogurt!!! But I prefer it with strawberries in it. I can't eat it plain. Kashi is not that cheap here. We eat store brands most of the time because it is more affordable. I have a family of 5 living on a $10.00 an hour income. Thank God I own my house and I paid it off!!!! But I still have other bills. But another thing is... I can't eat to many hard things. I have bad teeth, a couple are very sensitive, and some of them are a partial. It is hard to eat even bacon bits in my salad.

Quote:
Then start lunch with some protein type foods. Keep on hand sweet ready made protein shakes for when pm snacking wants to get you.
Make sure whenever you want an afternoon snack you pair it with protein.
You bet! Yesterday I had left overs for lunch... SBD recipe Garlic & Soy Pork Chops with a salad. That's it. I try to do more protien then carbs.. but sometimes it don't work out that way. But I do try.

Quote:
I think you would love the book I mentioned..also check out soulcysters website..(sp)
I wrote the book down on my list of books I want to check out!! I doubt my library has it!! But I am going to check that out first and go from there. What is soulcysters? I have never heard of that before.
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:06 AM   #18  

bf = breakfast..
Its great you are eating the veggies..but you and I need protein or we dont function as well.
Soulcysters is a group of women on the IR diet that have PCOS. I dont have it..but read the site for tips on the diet.

If you have a friend that belongs to Costo..they sell Kashigolean crunch there..

That would be tough on $10 an hour. I am sure you have to plan carefully. Great that you have your house paid off.
slimcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:13 AM   #19  

Quote:
bf = breakfast..
Dah me lol. Now that totally makes since!

Quote:
Its great you are eating the veggies..but you and I need protein or we dont function as well.
Soulcysters is a group of women on the IR diet that have PCOS. I dont have it..but read the site for tips on the diet.
Very true. I am going to have to find a credit card and order this book. My library of course, don't have it. So I am going to have to search some sites and check out prices. Overstock (mentioned in our last post) has $1.00 shipping each item. But there shipping can be slow. Prices are a little lower then amazon... sometimes! But thats it.

Quote:
If you have a friend that belongs to Costo..they sell Kashigolean crunch there..
There isn't a Costco here. Only Krogers and Super Walmart. Ohhh and Aldi's (cheap store). There are smaller stores here, but very very expensive.

Quote:
That would be tough on $10 an hour. I am sure you have to plan carefully. Great that you have your house paid off.
Yes very carefully. It can be tricky but so far so good! Krogers has some awesome sales though! Most of the time I save between $30.00 and $80.00 each week with there store card and savings! I hit most sales.
TMunday is offline   Reply With Quote