Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 08:05 PM   #76  

Default Hello

Hi Everybody- I walked more than an hour yesterday but was not into it so much today,only got in 30 min. It has been raining and it is windy on the beach- I didn't feel like fighting the wind any longer.I did a lot today with shopping and house work . I guess I am a little tired. I still always feel quilty when I don't walk my aloted time.
Got to walk my hour tomorrow as I have to weigh in at WW on Thrusday morning.
You all have a good night..Where is everybody?...Joanne
Old 07-11-2001, 01:17 AM   #77  

i am finally getting into the exercising again.With work i got in 6 miles today.Hopefully I get as much in tomorrow too.
I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-11-2001, 08:55 PM   #78  

Default Hello

Hello Everybody
I walked the 3.5 miles today and hope that it will make a defference on the scale in the a.m.
Don't get discouraged Michaela It sounds like you are doing good. 6 miles ! I rarely do that in a day.
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 07-12-2001, 01:22 AM   #79  

How many miles do you usually walk aweek.
Today I did 7.So far I think that that is 13 for this week.Tomorrow I am going to go roller blading.My eating has been good today.
Joanne keep up the good work.
Old 07-12-2001, 07:33 PM   #80  

Default Hello

Hello Everybody--I thought I was doing so well this past week.. Well I gained 1/2 lb! The only thing out of the way was a few snacks on the forth and some nuts this week. The leader at WW said as I was walking 3-4 miles a day to increase my pts by 1-2. Hope that works. And the fact that I took a free day today and ate out won't go against me.
Tomorrows a new day. Whatever the sins of today...
Bye...Joanne
Old 07-13-2001, 05:47 PM   #81  

JoaneD, every three weeks, I gain like .5-1 pound, then the following week I'll lose double. 3-5pounds. I've been doing WW for 16 weeks now, and I've done it every 3.(that time of the month).
How did you put in 6 miles..and how long does that take you?
I did my first full walk today...of 50 minutes, and that was only 2.2 miles. Staples came out yesterday...keep the vacum tube for another week. Weather in Boston, has been only in the 70's. Last night walk it was 66 and this mornings walk it was only 65 out. Walking was great. Hope it stays this way!!! Ok, one can wish!!
Lynn Marie
Old 07-13-2001, 07:16 PM   #82  

Default Hello

Lynock-- I usually do 3.5 to 4miles in a day -It takes me an hour to an hour and ten min. I think it was Michaela that said she did 6 miles one day this past week. On occasion I walk 7.5 when my daughter is down to go with me. It is a little hard at my age. or maybe I just don't do it(7.5) often enough. We can do it in about 2 hrs.It is in the 90's here in Fl. now . Sometimes in the 80's if it has rained. I am 68 yrs young.I did not walk yesterday or today. I think I got some food poisoning at a KFC we ate at yesterday. Cramps all afternoon yesterday ,last night and all day today. Hope things are better tomorrow I miss it when I don't walk. I have done it so many years now that it is something I feel I really have to do everyday ,or there is a feeling of unfinished business at the end of the day.
Hello Michaela.Melissa
You all have a great evening see you tomorrow...Joanne
Old 07-14-2001, 11:19 AM   #83  

I wear a pedometer all day to see what I walk for the day.Sometimes it gets pretty amazing.So no wonder that I would get so tired when I was walking 5 miles in the mornings and then what I walk all day.That is 10-11 miles a day.
I hope everyone is doing well today.
Old 07-15-2001, 10:56 AM   #84  

Default Good Morning

Hello
WOW! Michaela that is great. I thought I was doing great ,but it sounds like you are doing better. I walked 2.5 yesterday on the beast. [Treadmil] I started out to the beach but it was sprinkling. Wouldn't you know after about 20 min. It cleared up.
I didn't walk for two days before because I didn't feel well..So, I had to walk.
Hi Lynock - Hope you are healing well and getting your strenght back.
Hi Melhoward.. How are you doing?
Lets us all strive for a good week of walking and keeping to our healthy eating plan.
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 07-15-2001, 11:40 AM   #85  

Thumbs down quick update

I have been walking about 4 days a week but I got frustrated witht he heat and rain so I just joined a health club. I am very excited about it. I am on my way now for an orientation visit and I plan on using the bikes and tread while I am there. I just wanted to let you know I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. I'll let you know how it goes. I just needed something more because just the walking wasn't enough variety for me. Good luck to all!

Melissa
Old 07-16-2001, 09:48 AM   #86  

Default Good Morning

Goodmorning-
I got out and walked my usual route to the beach but, I added 10 more min to my time to give me an extra half mile. I am trying real hard to get this wt. off.
Melhoward- Joining a gym sounds like a good idea. It is a good way to get verity and meet exercise a buddy.
Hello Michaela- It seems with the summer here a lot of people are going in different directions.
Lets keep giving each other encouragement.
Bye for now...Joanne
Old 07-17-2001, 02:14 PM   #87  

Joanne every lttle bit counts.I haven't got in much walking this week except at work.
Sometimes skinny people really bother me,not all just some.It isn't that I am jealous that they are skinny it just that they can be very rude.
You know the thing is that I am not a size 5 but I myself think that I am not totally gross.I am 5'3",215 ponds and very muscular.
I just can't believe some of the stuff that comes out of there mouths.I hate to tell them this but saying mean stuff doesn't help either.
Sorry I just had to vent.
I hope that you are a great day.
Old 07-18-2001, 08:28 PM   #88  

Default Hey

Hey Michaela- When someone says something to you or around you about overweight,just think to yourself how insecure they are. Give it back to them! Don't let them upset you. Only a small minded person would say mean things. Friends like that you don't need. My daughter is 5 ft and weights about 90 lbs. She has always supported me in my struggle to lose weight.
Keep doing your best and you will be fine. Don't let anything set you back. You are important! ....Joanne
Old 07-19-2001, 11:47 AM   #89  

I am doing really good this week.I can even tell that I have lost off of my stomach.It seems flatter.
Joanne how are you doing today?
I have to work today so I will get in plenty of walking.
Hope you have a great day.
Old 07-19-2001, 02:48 PM   #90  

Default Hi

Hi There-
I am doing fine .I lost 2 lbs of the 5 over goal I gained . So I won't exactly shout until I get back down under goal. That is not going to happen if people keep giving me Belgium Chocolate. I didn't touch it untill today.
Michaela...Nice to here you are doing O.K.Keep walking .I feel it will get rid of our stomachs and butts. I see runners with really flat butts. Mine has always been to big. I waited years for gravity to set in....Joanne
Closed Thread