Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-06-2005, 11:31 AM   #61  
Oddball

S/C/G: 185/157.4/135

Yesterday I got in another 30 minute walk at lunch time.

Today is going to be an off day, I think. I'm going out of town for a couple days for my Gramma's birthday party. If I can borrow a key while I'm there, I'll be able to get up early and exercise at the nearby park. Wish me luck! I'll be back late Tuesday or early Wednesday.
Betani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 10:51 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 193/187/145

Height: 5'9"

Welcome psych_girl ! My back isn't what it used to be, so I started taking a water aerobics class a few months ago. Bouncing around in a swimming pool works up a sweat but doesn't hurt by back - especially if I sit around in the jacuzzi after class. Meanwhile....our pool is closed for maintenance until August 15, and I've been trying to walk more. Yesterday, I made 30 minutes. Today, mmmm...we roamed in the mall for about an hour and half but I would hardly call it a good walk. Tomorrow is another day, right?
Mabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:25 AM   #63  

Good Sunday Morning all! Sounds like everyone is on the right track. I was at our local lake yesterday. First there was the half a mile walk down to the beach in deeeeeeeeeeep sand! Our lake is shrinking alot. Due to the drought and to the release of water for irrigation purposes. Then I played in the water for about an hour and then another walk back up in the sand. Lots of wonderful sun shine and good conversation with my nephew and his family. A nice way to get my exercise in. Guys were doing great. Let's keep it up!!!!! Cindi
Flower Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 09:46 AM   #64  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Hey all!! Sorry I haven't been on in a while...but, the good news is that I got in 5 HOURS of walking yesterday!! And today I'm going to go swimming as soon as the rain lets up. My eating was off this week, so I haven't lost anything but at least I haven't gained either! Looks like everyone's doing great--keep it up ladies!!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:34 AM   #65  
haveto

Default Big Congrats Ladies!!!!

Wow, seems like everyone is finding one way or another to get that work out in. Good Job!!!
My son had his first football scrimmage Friday night so I was only able to get in 40 min on the treadmill. Went to the gym yesterday and started my walking and my calf tightened up so much that I couldn't walk!!! DH was there and had me stretch it out, but I am wondering what happened. He thinks too much of an incline at too fast of speed???? thoughts girls???
So anyway, I only managed 15 min on the treadmill, 30 min on upper body weights, and 20 ball crunches. I missed the cardio, so I will go in today...normally my off day, but I just feel like I need it.
Have a great Sunday, and let's do it again this week!!
caprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 05:02 PM   #66  
sick and tired no more...

S/C/G: 171.5/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 1in

Smile Thanks for the welcome...

I love this thread, everyone is so positive! The water aerobics sounds like it would be great for the back - thanks for the suggestion. Anyway, today I went to the gym and had a great workout! I did a full leg and butt routine on the weight machines, and then 30min of cardio on the eliptical - I feel great and very hopeful that I can get back into my old jeans by November!!
psych_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 11:47 PM   #67  

Well ladies I took one of my two days off to visit with company and work in the garden today. I find if I try to exercise daily that I burn out. But 5 days a week is PERFECT. Good job all of you. We're on the right track. Cindi
Old 08-08-2005, 10:37 AM   #68  

Hey ladies...I'd love to join you..I started 2 1/2 weeks ago going to gym and working with a trainer. I workout 5 days a week-3 of those days with weights and 5 days of cardio. I'm curious to hear if any of you have seen results since you have been working out. I have gained a total of 6 lbs....GOING THE WRONG WAY!!! I will not give up though...I will keep going. I do think that I have seen some change in my thighs..maybe toning up a tad...but that is the only place. Just curious on your thoughts! Hope you don't mind me joining you!!
libbysmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 11:31 AM   #69  

Welcome Libbysmom. Great job on the exercises. I think it takes awhile before you notice much. Did you measure yourself? I didn't but I can tell by my cloths and I am just firmer all the way around. My energy level is much better and my stamina..and, in my case, my blood sugars love it when I exercise. I have been at it since my diagnosis 3-31-04. at least 5 days a week sometimes 7... I only fell off the wagon a few times when I was traveling or in rebellion. I was a TOTALLY confirmed couch potato for about 30 years. So it can be done. Cindi
Old 08-08-2005, 11:44 AM   #70  
Going all the way!!!

Well, I didn't get to swim yesterday because the rain never let up (it was one of those gulley-washers as we Southerners call it...LOL). It's supposed to rain today and tomorrow too, but hopefully I'll get to do some tae-bo or something inside. I have plenty of cleaning and laundry to do (AGAIN) though, so I'll at least get a little exercise doing that. I'm kind of bummed because I only lost 1/2 pound again this week, but to be honest I could have done much better than I did ...but on the bright side I went shopping this weekend and was able to buy (and feel comfortable in!) size 14 pants!! WOO HOO! I was spilling out of my 16's when I started this weight loss journey, so I have probably actually lost 2 sizes. WOOT!

Looks like everyone else is staying on the exercise wagon...great job ladies!!
Old 08-08-2005, 12:38 PM   #71  

Cindi-Thanks for your response..I did measure myself about 2 weeks ago and thought I would wait a couple more weeks. You are doing so AWESOME!! I still cannot tell in my clothes, but like I said..I am only 2 1/2 weeks into it. I always quit 3-4 weeks into an exercise program b/c I don't see results. 4 years ago I began WW and did it 3 weeks and quit b/c I was exercising and following the plan to a T and no loss, even a tad gain, and the counselor just looked at me like I was an idiot. I got frustrated and quit and gained 15 lbs. I know that there is no way, if I continue at this pace, for my body not to change. I don't want quick results...I want results that will last. I will be patient and I will not give up this time. Congrats to you on your wonderful success!

Christy-I am where you started size wise-busting out of my 16's. Congrats to you on getting into those 14's! WEIGH TO GO!! How long have you been on your journey? What kind of plan do you follow??
libbysmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2005, 01:09 PM   #72  
Going all the way!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbysmom03
Christy-I am where you started size wise-busting out of my 16's. Congrats to you on getting into those 14's! WEIGH TO GO!! How long have you been on your journey? What kind of plan do you follow??
Thanks! I started on June 3rd this year, and have just been counting calories and getting in exercise whenever possible. I try to keep it between 1200-1500 calories/day, but there are some days that I go a little over. The main thing that has kept me on plan has been using frozen meals (the Healthy Choice/Lean Pocket/SmartOnes/etc. varieties), pre-portioned foods (like individually wrapped stuff), and not denying myself ANYTHING. If I have a craving for ice cream, I go get some Healthy Choice ice cream. If I want fast food I get a single cheeseburger and small fries with water or diet soda rather than a double bacon cheeseburger with large fries and sweet tea. I've just been watching my portions and calories and luckily haven't had a week of gain yet!! I wanted to be down 25 lbs by my b-day (tomorrow) but I'm 6 lbs off...but, 19 lbs in 2 months is still pretty good if you ask me!
Old 08-08-2005, 01:49 PM   #73  
sick and tired no more...

S/C/G: 171.5/see ticker/120

Height: 5ft 1in

Thumbs up So far...so good...

Hey everyone! Wow, everyone is doing so great! Welcome libbysmom, and don't get discouraged by the weight gain! You are absolutely right about your body having no choice but to cooperate EVENTUALLY. Remember that the body goes through a lot of changes when you first start exercising - glycogen causes water retention in the muscles for the first few weeks (but after that your body stops panicking and lets it go) and muscle weighs more than fat (of course we all know this by now, right? ). The first few weeks are always the hardest, but the reward will come when your body has more lean muscle and turns into a fat burning machine! Keep up the positive attitude and hard work - you are doing great!

Today I did 40 min. of step aerobics, and the diet is going very well still - yay!!
psych_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 01:02 AM   #74  

Took Sunday and Monday off this week. Back to the schedule tomorrow. Your doing great ladies..Cindi
Old 08-09-2005, 06:48 AM   #75  

I took Sunday off, but yesterday I spent a couple of hours swimming in an almost empty lake. Today is going to be very hot and humid again (so tired of saying that!!!), so if I get any exercise it will probably be back in a lake. Of course I really have to manage the sunscreen better, as I'm too old to be letting my shoulders and décolleté burn to a crisp. I could get dressed RIGHT NOW and go out for a good walk before it heats up - my big cat woke me up at 4:45 because he wanted some attention. I think he must be punishing me for being out of the house so much the last few days. But I am so not awake, and so tired still. Of course he's fast asleep now, secure in the knowledge of a job well done...

Greetings to our new posters, and hello to Cindi and Christie (nice new avatar!). I haven't left, just not always posting.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote