Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-09-2005, 02:51 PM   #31  

Hi everyone!
I was away for a long weekend but today I got right back to walking and walked 3.8 mi. I got in really late last night so I might skip yoga today and go tomorrow. I need a nap.
Shoequeen69: Yes that is my small meow. I have two. This one is the nice one. He always looks at me so adoringly. Actually, he looks at everyone adoringly. He thinks he's a dog.
Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 08:50 PM   #32  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Evening everyone!

Only have time for a quick post today... off to dinner in a sec, here. Walked another 8mi since my last post (total of 29) and will do another 4 tonight. Today I did 35min of strength-training and a 20min jog. I've decided that every week I'll up my jog by 10min until I reach an hr. I'm hoping to be able to do a full hr of strength-training one day soon too. We'll see.

Anyway, I hope you're all keeping well! Keep up the great work, everyone!

Take care. Type you later.

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:25 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Did 3 miles this morning.

August Miles = 7 (I have got to get myself in gear)

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 11:39 AM   #34  

Smile Getting closer

Yesterday I did 45 minutes, so I'm 825 minutes away from my august goal
Today I'm going to the gim again, so I hope I can do more than yesterday and be healthier day after day
So, see you tomorrow everyone!
magallina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 03:11 PM   #35  

Ugh! I'm stagnating on the scales. But I did walk another 3.8 at lunch today and will do another .7 on the way to yoga tonight. I't so hard to stay motavated when the scale doesn't move
Oh well, maybe soon...Friday is my official weigh in day so I still have time to make some progress.
Good luck eveyone!
Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 04:01 PM   #36  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

S/C/G: 223~211~150

I know what you mean about a plateau! I haven't changed in 3 weeks and I've been consistently walking for 5! Oh, the scale moves up and down by a pound or two (I'm guilty of weighing just about every morning), but nothing consistently DOWN

I'm just telling myself that I'm gaining muscle with all this walking!

Just did Walk Strong Express with the stretchie. My muscles are telling me I shouldn't wait so long between toning sessions! I use the boosters every time, but not quite like this tape does

Hope everyone else is having a great walking week!

Michele
Michele L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:53 PM   #37  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Well, I felt like doing more, so I hopped on the treadmill and did 1.44 miles in 30 minutes. Not a very fast pace, but I had the incline up pretty high for part of the time, so my heartrate was going. I'll squeeze in the other .56 mile either today or tomorrow so my numbers even back up.

Michele
Old 08-10-2005, 06:49 PM   #38  

quick post then gotta cook dinner. Walked 2.25 miles, brings me to 22.5 miles for the month. I really need to get back to the toning thing!

Dinah
Dinahgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #39  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Wow. You are all doing so good!

I'm not but I hope to get back on it soon. I got in about 1/2 a mile last night. I should get in some good walking time tomorrow. I'm taking the day off and going with friends to the new IKEA store in Frisco. Can't wait! I really have to get back into walking big time. I committed to a 2.2 mile walk for the Alzheimers association. Its not a long walk but since I've been doing NOTHING I could have trouble doing it. So hopefully next week I'll be full swing again. Sounds like you're all doing great! Later!
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 10:27 AM   #40  

Hi everybody! I haven't been on in a long while! Been very busy. I haven't done much walking, but I have been doing other exercise. I want to get back into the walking though. I'll only set my goal for August for 15 miles. Maybe next month I will be able to set my goal higher.

Hope all is well with everybody!
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 11:28 AM   #41  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

Just did the 1 mile DVD from the WATP book. I like the nice brisk pace. I'm planning on doing more in a little while and then we have school registration--YAY!

Happy walking!

Michele
Old 08-12-2005, 09:23 AM   #42  

Ok-I am jumpin in here-A little late, but I am hoping to finish the month strong. I have been doing a 1 mile tape w/ 5# weights every day since Aug 3rd.

My goal will be 30 miles of WATP walking...so I need to get a couple of 2 mile days in there too!!
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2005, 11:27 AM   #43  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

WOW--5 pounders? My arms complain sometimes when I do 3!! What else do you do to get 30 minutes per day, since the 1 mile is only 15-20? Just curious......always looking for ideas.

I did the 1 mile Super Challenge this morning. I LOVE the brisk pace that just gets more brisk! I may not get any more in today. I think I'm going up to school (I'm a teacher) and get started on my room. Next week's meetings will eat up a bunch of time and decorating is something I can only do THERE (unlike planning). Besides, I have 2 kids here who can help put tape on posters!

Have a great walking Friday!

Michele
Old 08-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele L
What else do you do to get 30 minutes per day, since the 1 mile is only 15-20? Just curious......always looking for ideas.
Michele

LOL-Nothing very exciting!! I go for a 35-45 min walk each evening
Jazzmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #45  
Wife, Mom and Teacher

I did 3 miles this morning. The original Walk Strong is quite the workout--especially for the legs ! Then, I did the 1 mile Express with the stretchie. I have done 15 miles this week!

Have a great Saturday!

Michele