Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-23-2005, 08:23 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Default Body Sculpting Bible for Women

I bought this book yesterday after listening to the folks here extol it's virtues. It has a 14 day routine as well as nutrition advice. It's plain, readable and doable. Nothing fancy, just something we all can do.

I'd really like someone to do this with me. An accountability type thing. Because I'd like a 'buddy' I'm going to wait and start the programme on Monday. Anyone want to do this with me? We could check in each day or so and compare notes? I'd really like that.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 04:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Susan,

I'd LOVE to give it a try. I don't have the book though. I will go to the bookstore tomorrow and see if it's there. If so, we can do it together. If not, I'll let you know. What a great idea though! Hopefully others will join in.
TatianaHdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 04:12 PM   #3  

Fabulous! I'll check back here tomorrow morning and see how your book hunting went.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:19 PM   #4  
Mel

Susan
I know quite a few people who swear by the BSB workouts Have fun and please let us know about your progress and whether you enjoy the workouts.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:39 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 246/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

Susan, I couldn't find it at my Barnes & Noble. It must be sold out, which makes me want it even more. If it's so popular, it must be good! lol I am going to be passing by another bookstore tomorrow, so I will check there. If not, I'll probably order it and maybe start next week. I'll check back here when/if I get it. Let us know how the first week goes. Good luck!!!
TatianaHdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:51 AM   #6  

Day one is good. I actually got out of bed, drank the water and did the workout ... then had my shake and NOW I'm having coffee. That's me folks, I've been up for an hour without coffee!
The work out was nice. I did 15 reps with 5 lb weights. I have to work on form for a couple of the upper body things because of my weenie little woman arms but besides that it was definitely doable.
Mostly because I had to read a little as I went along, it took about 50 minutes. Once I get the exercises in my head, I'll be quicker I think.
So far, I'm sold!

Tatiana? .... The whole thing repeats next week. So even if you get the book later we can be more or less in sync. At least we can compare notes.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:06 PM   #7  
Working My Way Back Down

Susan, something that works for me is to put the exercises on cards or in a small notebook. You can write or draw a little diagram, plus record the weight and sets/reps you do. Much easier than trying to read from the big book or keep all those exercises in you head. (In my case my aged brain doesn't want to retain them all! )
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2005, 01:17 PM   #8  

Thanks Pat, good ideas. I have photocopied a few pages (probably illegal). It's much easier to have sheets lying around than to get up and flip the book. I also got a dry erase board that I'm keeping notes on. I should have bought a note book when I went shopping today.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:35 AM   #9  

Day Two .... went much quicker, about 35 minutes. I was already familiar with some of the exercises. Honestly I probably didn't rest the prescribed 90 secs between sets, and I lunge-walked instead of doing stand still ones. I'm a bit of a klutz.
Five pounds in each hand, so the tricep kick backs were only 5 lbs as were the one legged calf raises. I have to steady myself with the other hand.
I still wobble through some arm stuff. Don't like it. Makes me feel weak. I should go read the thread about weak shoulders again.
I had some issues with being stiff and sore when I lifted heavier than this. (weinie) So I'm enjoying this pretty well.
Old 07-29-2005, 11:37 AM   #10  

Day three - this is proving to be very doable. I was more cautious of my rest periods and it did take the better part of 45 minutes. Very manageable!
I continued with two five pound weights and still struggled with arm things. However I did keep ten pounds for calf raises. They feel awesome!
So tomorrow is abs and cardio again and then I've completed one week! I'm pretty sure I won't rest on Sunday. I'll probably walk or bike or something. I have a fear of 'just one day off' .... turning into 2 days or 3 days or four months
Old 07-31-2005, 07:48 PM   #11  
repeat offender

S/C/G: 178/167/105

Height: 5' 3"

Just curious, does this book tailor to working out in the gym/someone with a home gym or are a couple of dumbbells enough?
Miaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2005, 09:08 AM   #12  

Yup, Miaka, it does. There are two seperate basic workouts. I'm doing mine at home with two and five pounders. I'm sure you could start with soup cans if you had 'em.