3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Ab Lounge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/61074-ab-lounge.html)

jmfan317 07-09-2005 12:38 AM

Ab Lounge

Hello,
Does anyone have the Ab Lounge 1 or 2? I have the 2nd one but I wanted to know for anybody that owes one and uses it have they gotten results from using it?

Ashley

Tina Marie 07-10-2005 11:06 PM

Didn't know there was a 2 out my girlfriend has one and it does work for her.This is my first post since setting up my weight tracker we will see if I did it right.

Tina Marie 07-10-2005 11:07 PM

Guess not I will have to try it tomorrow.

Idealperson 07-11-2005 03:42 PM

My mom sold hers at her rummage sale this weekend for $25.00. It takes up alot of space and she said it was not easy to get on to it. :^:

Tina Marie 07-12-2005 04:24 PM

I am going to get one soon I like my friends alot I use it when I am at her place.

Suzanne 3FC 07-14-2005 12:14 PM

I haven't tried one, but I watched a demonstration closely a while back. I noticed that all of the movement was in the hips, where the body opened and closed like scissors. I didn't see the abs being exercised at all, like you would if you were doing crunches. It didn't look like it would work at all :?:

I think most of these gadgets are just expensive gimmicks that can't do anymore than a traditional crunch. ACE Fitness did a study a couple of years ago to see if the various ab machines could beat a crunch, but the results were not good. Remember the ever-popular Ab Roller? It turned out to be no more effective than a crunch. The Ab Rocker was LESS effective.

However, doing crunches on a stability ball appears to be more effective, according to ACE Fitness, and they are about 10 bucks at walmart.

StarAngel2528 07-14-2005 12:27 PM

Hey Ashley! I have one.. I think it works. I don't do it as much as I should, but when i do, the next day I can feel it. if I put both feet on one side of the feet rest and do side crunches, that's when I feel it the most.

Shalia 07-14-2005 02:31 PM

Don't know, Susanne. They had one out at Gart Sports yesterday, and I'm telling you, I could FEEL.IT. when I tried it. It's too big for my house, but yeah, I could definately tell. Ow. And it gets the abdominals.

wiltedflower19 10-23-2005 11:50 PM

I have the ab lounge 2. Ive used it every day for 2 months....I do 1000-2000 crunches on it....It takes me about 20- 30 min. I think its worked for me so far....That and cutting down on snacking ive lost 12lbs. So i think its works and i will continue to use it

lil.disney.princess 10-31-2005 04:20 PM

i fancy the ab lounge......but i already have an ab swing and 6 second abs(among others!!)-our lounge already looks like a gym!!Lol