Yoga Questions

• I am trying to vary my exercise and used a "Yoga for Dummies" dvd this morning. I noticed a couple of things and wanted to check and make sure this is normal.
    When doing some of the standing poses my legs started to get tingly and felt like they were going to fall asleep. I ended up breaking out of the pose before I was finished with the breathing.
    Some of these poses are really hard on my ankles and wrists. Will they strengthen up over time?
  • Don't every force your poses during Yoga. Yoga is meant to be relaxing after all... Take your time with the poses and if they are uncomfortable for you just modify them for you till you get the hang of it. With time you'll be more flexible. Your ankles and wrists will definitely strengthen with time...
  • Thanks Ilene. I will keep working at it!
  • Just to add what Ilene said...you might want to check Yoga Journal's "New To Yoga" website. Some great tips and things!

I've been practicing yoga for over a year now and I definitely have issues with some of the poses. However, I have 'savasana' down pat.