Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-10-2005, 11:59 PM   #46  

Just me again. 20 min on the gazelle and one hour in the garden weeding and sweating. Night all...Cindi
Flower Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #47  
Going all the way!!!

S/C/G: 183/183/130

Height: 5'2"

Got in bout 3 hours of swimming and 2 hours of walking over the weekend, so finally made up my deficit!
TheNewChristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:37 PM   #48  

Yea Christy...I should go swimming. I just can't go to our local pool...My self-image problem..but there is a lake about 20 miles from here I really need to do that..I love to swim...Cindi
Old 07-11-2005, 10:23 PM   #49  

Moved furniture and shampooed living room and hallway carpet for one and a half hours today and gazelled for 20 min tonight. Nite all..I'm pooped! Cindi
Old 07-12-2005, 12:20 AM   #50  

A gentle 30+ minute walk in the miserable, soupy heat. Extra points for sweating like a pig? Also a fair amount of humping luggage back and forth to the airport, in the airport, back from the airport... (But I get to keep the $$$ voucher for volunteering to fly tomorrow - Tuesday - instead. Which suited me better any way.)

Carla
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2005, 01:37 AM   #51  

Vigorously cleaning house for my sister who is coming to visit. She hasn't been here in years...Gawd I HATE to dust...But I found time to gazelle for 30 min. So onward and upwards ladies! Cindi
Old 07-13-2005, 01:39 AM   #52  

I forgot to mention that I go to see my sister every year but she is 76 and doesn't travel much anymore even though she and her husband still live in their own home and maintain their own yard. I am going to pick her up in Missouri and bring her to Nebraska for a week or so and her husband is going to pick her up here. I can't wait. If you don't hear from me for a few days I will post when I can. Cindi
Old 07-13-2005, 08:33 AM   #53  
Going all the way!!!

I spent about an hour yesterday lifting and carrying heavy PC equipment (white boxes, monitors, etc), did a couple loads of laundry, and straighted the house...oh, and did curls with my son (heehee ).
Old 07-13-2005, 11:00 PM   #54  

I have been doing some major DEEEEEEEEP cleaning of my house for company today.. (Even throwing stuff in boxes for a garage sale) For the last 8 hours actually so that, my friends, is my exercise for today. Now I am going to fall into my nice soft bed. Sore back and all....OUCH!!!! I lifted toooooo much. Bye for now. Cindi
Old 07-14-2005, 08:22 AM   #55  
Going all the way!!!

Did about an hour of leisurely walking yesterday, but I'm only going to count that as 30 min...
Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 AM   #56  

I did at least 30 min walking. Wanted to rent a bike but was told that there are NO bikes for rent in all of Saint John! I haven't checked out the hotel gym yet, but the pool is out as it is tiny and on the other side of a huge window from a busy corridor full of people working at the same conference as me. I'm hoping for a rowing machine...

Carla
Old 07-14-2005, 11:49 PM   #57  

Road in my car for 5 hours today and it will be 8 hours tomorrow. When I get where I am going I will get caught up. I usually walk at the track in missouri. Hot and sticky but I'll get there early..Good job on exercising ladies. Bye for now..Cindi
Old 07-15-2005, 12:08 AM   #58  

A pretty slothful day - slept in, worked thru the afternoon, and then went to enjoy the 5 to 7pm appetizers thoughtfully provided by the hotel. It was not a pretty sight. Then watched two movies with a colleague, and finally to my room to play with the laptop, read, wash out the undies... So what's missing? You guessed it: I not only didn't exercise at all, I didn't even leave the hotel.

The good news (for me) is that my feet don't hurt too much, so I should be able to at least walk tomorrow. The gym has no rowing machine, but there is an elliptical which I've never tried.

I think for the duration of this trip I'll just try not to get too carried away with feeling bad about not doing what I should. What happens, happens, and once I'm home I can get right back on track

Good night, sleep tight,
Carla
Old 07-15-2005, 08:10 AM   #59  
Going all the way!!!

Didn't really get any exercise yesterday except lugging around some PC's, but at weigh-in I discovered I have lost 2.5 lbs this week!
Old 07-19-2005, 12:31 AM   #60  

Where is everybody? Are we all running out of oomph? Cindy and Christy, are we three C's the only 30-minuters?

Today I walked a fair amount (actually because I was looking for a source of plain yoghurt near the hotel - no such animal) so I'm sure I got my 30 min in.

This week I've recommitted to this whole weight-loss trip, and I need you with me!

Carla