Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #31  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the advice and encouragement, everyone! In case anyone was wondering, wearing the tight shorts solved the problem. No running for me today though, my knees were bugging me so I did the stationary bike instead.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:59 AM   #32  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

9k for me this morning, with 4k near my 10k race pace. It was a bit tough today; probably because I was walking a lot yesterday.

Spanky, Congrats on your first 5k! Better to finish with a bit of energy than to start out too fast and crash at mile 2, especially for your first race. Next time you know you can go out a bit faster.

MrsDawsondn, my body and mind are constantly battling each other. As my brain was telling me to crawl back into bed this am, my body was getting me dressed and out the door. About 15 minutes into the run, my brain came out of it's early morning fog, stopped protesting, and I had a great run in the early morning sun. And it sounds like you've been having some non-scale victories. Isn't a smaller you (represented by smaller clothing sizes) better really than a lower scale number? No one other than you and your dr. know the scale number, but everyone can see your new and improved body!

Paperclippy, glad to hear the tight shorts worked for you.

Ilene, I hope your week is going ok.
Old 06-21-2005, 11:29 AM   #33  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Hey ladies,

This morning I did my usual 2.0 mile walk and surprisingly I finished in 34 minutes again. I was sometimes walking leisurely and feel like I didn't get my heart rate up enough I guess or maybe the walking is just getting too easy :LOL I did a bonus weight train this morning after working out and THAT felt great!!! I used to lift in High School while in Track and Field (ran and did Shot put and discus) and I forgot how good it feels to accomplish lifting some heavy poundage and doing things with more ease the more that you go along. I lightened up on my eating yesterday and did pretty good and I feel better physically today .

Only me you are so right the clothing does feel better than to look at that old ugly scale as a matter of fact I'm trying to stay away from that bugger and weighing in every 2 weeks instead of every 1 week.

Paperclippy glad you found something that works for you.
Closed Thread