3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Motivation.....music!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/59239-motivation-music.html)

JustForUs 06-07-2005 10:41 AM

Motivation.....music!!

ok... One thing that really gets me in the mood is some really fun fast paced music..That gets you swinging in your chair, wiggling your lil rear end.. :dancer: :cb:
Just wondering if it motivates anyone else!! Have a SUPER DANCING DAY!! :lol:

slimmingsi 06-07-2005 12:00 PM

my current workout album is smash by the offspring oldie i know but really good to run to

imsexydamnit 06-07-2005 12:30 PM

I need music

When i work out i have to have music. If i don't have music, i have a harder time keeping a decent pace and i get bored. I like up beat stuff if i'm doing cardio, whether it be walking or jogging, but i like slower stuff for lifting. The hardest thing to do though is to find decent songs that aren't too slow without being too fast.

breakfastsurreal 06-07-2005 01:05 PM

this may sound really silly...and I ONLY like this stuff when I'm working out...yeah I listen to a cd called RAVE 99...it has the cheesiest trance-pop ever...electronic music really does wonders for my motivation when I'm working out though! haha.
I think it's because most of the songs BPM are around 130-140, so that's just a good rhythm I can match my feet to on the treadmill or stairmaster :-p

slimmingsi 06-07-2005 03:46 PM

i do hope its nots trace pop if its rave. it should be happy hardcore and hard techno. ;)

i'm a raver baby can't you see so come along and rave with me!

Maggie12 06-07-2005 03:52 PM

I must must must have fast upbeat music when I am working out.

JustForUs 06-07-2005 03:53 PM

my music is techno, the upbeat with words. Like have you ever heard rapture? I dont know who sings it, but I love it!! I know EVERYONE has heard sandcastle in the sky or whatever, that one is annoying. Something about hte steady upbeat, that keeps me going.
A lot of my friends make fun of me, because Im not a "raver" I really like ghetto dance music, like the new will smith song, or nelly.. LOL then here I am rocking out to some weird techno. Oh well everyone is different!
Slim~ you listen to techno? any favs if you do??
Break~ It's not silly, I think whateer gets you moving, even just a lil bit is awesome!! Im a huge fan of happy go go go music..<thats what I call motivational music> :cb: :dancer: :dance:

breakfastsurreal 06-07-2005 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slimmingsi
i do hope its nots trace pop if its rave. it should be happy hardcore and hard techno. ;)

i'm a raver baby can't you see so come along and rave with me!

omg happy hardcore? let me go puke a little bit...lol and techno bores me. I am more into DnB (bf spins it) but my gay trancey side comes out when i work out!
It's a fine day, Heaven, When the rush comes, Angel, Silence...I also enjoy listening to my Prodigy CD when I work out. haha. silly i know.

breakfastsurreal 06-07-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustForUs
my music is techno, the upbeat with words. Like have you ever heard rapture? I dont know who sings it, but I love it!! I know EVERYONE has heard sandcastle in the sky or whatever, that one is annoying. Something about hte steady upbeat, that keeps me going.
A lot of my friends make fun of me, because Im not a "raver" I really like ghetto dance music, like the new will smith song, or nelly.. LOL then here I am rocking out to some weird techno. Oh well everyone is different!
Slim~ you listen to techno? any favs if you do??
Break~ It's not silly, I think whateer gets you moving, even just a lil bit is awesome!! Im a huge fan of happy go go go music..<thats what I call motivational music> :cb: :dancer: :dance:

hehe rapture is on my list too..and castels in the sky...
but for the record, those songs are NOT classified as TECHNO! lol
They are trance-pop! :-p
Techno is a lot more underground, not lyrical at all, and its a very very fast straight beat, with minimal changes throughout the song...i think techno is boring! Everyone likes to call all electronic music techno though :-p

breakfastsurreal 06-07-2005 06:00 PM

hehe yeah i quit raving...and all my raving habbits...when the scene here in houston died out...hence why im FAT now! :D haha

almostheaven 06-07-2005 08:16 PM

I make my own CDs on the computer with mostly 80's music. I'm old. I like the fast-paced stuff for running. And I have a slower CD I use for walking and other exercises. My running music starts off with songs like Cecelia and My Sharona. Just to make sure you realize just how old I really am. :D

tikanique 06-07-2005 10:18 PM

My fav workout music is hip-hop and rap - both new school and old. I love the beats, the hooks and the lyrics. I just have to make sure I don't rap out loud along with the music because a lot of the lyrics are explicit.

Tiki

guest 06-08-2005 01:28 AM

Without music I couldnt exercise
I usually work out to techno and rock

JustForUs 06-08-2005 08:19 AM

I know that "rapture & castles in hte sky" isnt tech. techno, but you knew what I meant. I like when thye are all mised together!! LOL I can only listen to it when Im working out, the straight beat gets to boring for me. Any other time, its gotta hvae words in it.

slimmingsi 06-08-2005 08:21 AM

i'm not really a techno fan to be honest. i do like old prodigy tracks like poison but i wouldn't class that as techno. happy hardcore and hardhouse are good but it can't be happy hardcore unless there is the distinct sound of a piano or keyboard in the background. lol. i do like the old classics 99 red ballons and forever young the alphaville song that got done over. but at the heart of it all i'm a metal head :D i listen to some rather varied stuff lol