Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-08-2005, 09:50 AM   #16  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Almostheaven, I'm with you! I'm only 22, but I love me some 80's pop. Actually, when I'm working out, I put on the cheesiest pop music I can find, from disco up until today, including a bunch of "classic rock" (like the kind from the 80's, not really super-classic). I especially like to listen to boybands when I'm working out! Cheesy, I know, but definitely upbeat and with a good tempo to get me going! My current workout playlist has things like Kylie Minogue, Motley Crue, Kelly Clarkson, Bon Jovi (I love Bon Jovi! ), Britney Spears, some 90's dance hits ("What is Love?", "Wanna Be My Lover", etc), Black Eyed Peas, Shakira, "I'm too sexy," "The thong song," and "Baby got back!" (Those last ones are great motivation to get fit!)

Music definitely helps me stay motivated -- I turn up my headphones loud enough that I can't hear myself breathing, and if I can't hear myself panting then I don't feel like I'm working out so hard! I love running while listening to Bon Jovi singing "ooooh, she's a little runaway!"
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 12:02 PM   #17  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Paperclippy, I have some Kelly Clarkson and Bon Jovi as well. Though I'm more partial to "Sweet Child" and "Paradise City". I also love Creed, Pat Benetar, Joan Jett, Queen, Eagles, Air Supply, Kansas, Styx, Skynard, Van Halen, et. al. Now I KNOW people think I'm either old or off my rocker.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #18  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

They say one of the first things to go when you start getting up there in age is your mind. So as I'm getting a tan out back, reading a book, listening to one of my home grown CDs, and singing along with "Paradise City", I realized, belatedly, that above I was talking about Bon Jovi, then confused who sang what and started spouting off Guns & Roses tunes. Don't worry, I do the same with Joan Jett and Pat Benetar. They're both gals, who can tell em apart.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:02 PM   #19  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Almostheaven, if you haven't heard it, you should try to find "1985" by Bowling for Soup. It's this hilarious song about a mom who is stuck in her fantasy world in 1985!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote