Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 10:07 PM   #16  

Default Tuesday

Here I am again!

I did my "O" early this morning before work. I had been eating everything I shouldn't for the last few days. Today I had my protein shake for breakfast and a salad with chicken for lunch. By mid=afternoon I noticed that my watch and my ring were considerably looser. Something tells me that might have something to do with my eating better....

I haven't been weighing myself because of the junk I was eating. I'm going to wait until the end of the 21 days. I do hope to do "O" again later this evening.

I miss having anyone else here. Are there just 3 of us?

Nancy
Old 06-05-2001, 11:18 PM   #17  
Hang In There

Default still on track

O'd Monday & today, and also went to the healthclub to do water aerobics. Sure feels goo to be back. I got a new tape that I think will be interesting. It's Power Pilates, and it is with the parents (mothers or dad) of several movie stars. Well, I'ms sleepy so it's off to bed so I can get up and O in the morning.
Old 06-06-2001, 03:13 PM   #18  

Default What's happenin'

Where has everyone gone? Maybe it was too soon to start the 21 days... have we scared everyone off???

I missed yesterday. Busy week, so went into work early and didn't O! in the morning. Then I treated myself to pizza with the promise to exercise, but the pizza backfired and ended up feeling sick instead.

O!'d this morning, so I'm back on track!

Tell you one thing though - I keep losing and regaining the same 2" and the same 2lbs. Time to start losing more. Hopefully I can get into doing it mroe than once a day and that will help...

Take care everybody!
Old 06-06-2001, 09:02 PM   #19  

Default Wednesday-Day 8

I know what you mean!

First, I feel that there aren't many of us here, and I feel like I have not been successful. I haven't eaten right, and I sure can tell it! I've done better yesterday and today, but I wonder if I'll ever get my weight down.

They took pictures of us in our class at work, and I look awful. I
hate the way I look in pictures! My bod is big, but my face is even worse. I envy those women that, although they have big bodies, have slim faces!

I did do my O this morning, but I missed it last night. Hope to do it tonight, but I think I'll report nightime O on the next day's report.

Hopefully, we'll all do well tomorrow.

Nancy
Old 06-06-2001, 09:12 PM   #20  

Red face What is Oxycise?

Hello Everybody!! I'm new here!

Just have a question... What is Oxycise?
Old 06-06-2001, 11:23 PM   #21  
Hang In There

Swan Lake Oxycise is a great combination of deep controlled breathing with isometric or stretching positions. If you go by the video's it only take minutes to do 30 positions. You can read more about it on the Oxycise.com site.

Made it a whole week!!! I've only O'ed once a day exxceept for the days I remember to do the commuter tape, but I am finding it easier every day to get up an get at it.

Rose hope you feel better soon. We miss you. You are our leader and when you'r not here, the thread is not the same.
Old 06-07-2001, 11:27 PM   #22  

Default Thursday

Hi!

Swan Lake, you might want to try www.oxyciseplus.com. I think the regular oxycise site is down while they're making improvements. Oxycise is the easiest exercise I've ever come across, and it works, too!

I did do my Oxycise this morning, but it seems I haven't been getting the second one in.

Today I was outdoors for about 2 1/2 services (at 105 degrees). It wasn't too bad when we were in the shade, but when you have to stand in the sun you know it!! I guess that's better than a rainstorm, though. I do feel rather drained when I get home, though, if I've been out in the heat--complete with dressy clothes and pantyhose, etc!

I did okay wth the eating today until I got home....but then......

Well, tomorrow's another day.

See you then.

Nancy
Old 06-08-2001, 08:47 AM   #23  

Red face Oh, ok!

I know what oxycise is.... I use to have a tape of that, but I don't know if that's what the lady called it... It didn't do anything for me at that time... But I wasn't following any weight loss program like I am now, so I tossed the tape out thinking she lied to me. Darn it!
Old 06-08-2001, 01:57 PM   #24  

Red face So tired!

OK guys, this has been **** week. Soooo busy! Soooo much going on! Craziness and no time for anything!

I've been bad with the O!. I did it Wednesday, but skipped last night. I have to work tonight too, so not sure if I'll have the energy today... But tomorrow I should be back on track.

Swan, I really enjoy doing the O! and would suggest it to anybody! So far, it's the only program I've ever been able to stick with. I don't know what it is about it, but for some reason I just love the stretching in the morning, or at night before bed, or before/after other workouts.

I had an interesting benefit come from Oxycise. I have several workout tapes at home that I do, and with the extra weight it's hard to do some fo the positions (like jumping jacks) because everything wiggle and jiggles and it's uncomfortable. Well, I haven't done those tapes in about 2 months, but I've consistently done O!. So, the other night I pulled out the other tapes, and a funny thing happened - I didn't jiggle! I was able to do the jumping jacks as if I was my old 135!!! So, I'm wondering if the O! is making me thin from the inside out - like toning muscle (which of course weighs more than fat).

Anyway, I am about to fall asleep (even though it's only 2:00 in the afternoon) so I'm gonna go.

Rose please come back! We really miss you!

Nancy - keep up the great work!!! One of the best things about O! is that it works on the face too, and that's the first thing to really lose weight, so keep smiling during those inhales!

Barb - you are doing awesome! Every day for a week is so hard to do!!! You are inspiring!!!
Old 06-08-2001, 06:35 PM   #25  

Hi Everyone!

I'm sorry I've been missing but it's just been one thing after the other with me. After my bronchitis, I ended up with strep throat and have been sick this whole week. I'm hoping this last round of antibiotics will do the trick so I can get back to doing some O! I really miss it! It sounds like you are all doing so great with the challenge. I'm a little more then envious right now. Hopfefully I'll be back to doing my O soon. I'm looking forward to the next challenge. I hope you all will join me!
Old 06-08-2001, 10:11 PM   #26  
Hang In There

YEA!!! Our Rosie's back!!! You are our leader. We miss it when you'r not here.

Have another pretty good day. My husband decided to go ahead with the surgery and called today to get an appointment with the surgeon and his appt. is Nov 8th Can you believe it? Either this guy is really good, or there are very few doctors that do it. Whatever, I decided there's no reason to worry about it yet

The water aerobic instructor that has the class on Fridays is the best of all three instructors. She also sub Wed, so I've had two great classes. I have been really good at being able to do the O breaths while I'm in the water.

I really didn't want to get up and do my video this morning, but I did.Aren't you proud of me!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend and keep on breathing!!!
Old 06-09-2001, 06:18 PM   #27  

Default Saturday

did my O yesterday, but have not done it yet today. My husband was hurrying me to go get groceries, etc.

Barb, my thought is that maybe your husband will see some results with other attempts to lose (diet, Oxycise, etc) and find that by November he won't need the surgery. That may be the reason for such a long time. It would be wonderful to see results before then.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Nancy
Old 06-10-2001, 12:34 AM   #28  

Default OK!

Years ago I use to do body flex, but that harsh breathing was a bit much.. So, now, that I've read some things from the oxycise web site, I may try this particular exercise.. But, which tape should I buy?
Old 06-11-2001, 01:59 AM   #29  

Thumbs up Sunday, June 10

Hi!

First my recommendations to Swan Lake. If you go to the OxycisePlus site and look at products you will probably find a special of some sort on Level One. It will probably include a book, an instructional tape, a workout tape and an audio tape or CD. That is where I would recommend that you start. You need the instructions and the book to get a thorough understanding. You could also get a tape of Level Two if you have the money to spare, and then go from there. I have level two, but I have been doing level one all along and kind of ignoring level two. Others are using several levels, but you really need to start with level one.

Now my tale of woe. I haven't even tried to measure or anything since the end of the last challenger, where Ihad measureed. And I feel like I have really blown it this time. I have missed two days--last Sunday and yesterday, and have only Od once a day for the other days, and the challenge is half over! Also I have eaten wrong, to seay the least. I am determined that as of tomorrow that is going to turn around. I will watch what I eat better, and I will at least attempt to O twice daily, unless unforseen circumstances come up.

I went shopping for clothes today, and it was a nightmare. When I look at those dressing room mirrors I could cry. I look like I am about eight months preganant, and my youngest child is 38! I need clothes that look dressy, fit well, and are preferrably washable, as I must spend time outdoors in 110 degree heat sometimes for an hour or more at a time, maybe a couple times a day, and I can't afford to get my clothes dry cleaned every week. Clothes were expensive and dry clean only if they fit the other qualifications, so I gave up. Hopefully I will be able to do better in a month or so, and might be slimmer and with more money to spend. (I did buy a dress at a Penny's Outlet a couple weeks ago and spend 14.95 for a 59.95 dress, so at least I did well there.)

I really worked hard when I did my O this evening. I've got to slim down the abs, especially!

How are the rest of you doing?

Nancy
Old 06-11-2001, 11:25 AM   #30  

Default Break Over

Good morning! Took a break from O! this weekend. I know we are in a challenge, but I just needed time to not feel responsible for anything (weight, work, life, etc...) so I just rented movies and vegged and it was great!

Mr. Jones showed up today (what I cal TTOM) so hopefully I'll lose a little weight over the next couple of days.

Did my O! this morning, and will hopefully do it again this evening before bed. I think doing O! twice a day is really helpful... especially for me because sometimes I'll be doing a tape, and my mind will wander and I'll suddenly wonder if I've even been breathing properly! Also, I don't know about you guys, but any position that requires bending over, it's really hard to lift the stomach during those.

I read something interesting on the O!plus site that I thought was interesting. When I started doing O! I lifted and contracted during the first breath (instead of relaxing the muscles like they say too) and I still lost inches - in fact, I seemed to lose them more quickly. Someone on that site mentioned they did the same thing with the same results, so maybe that will help.

I also wonder if we would lose weight/inches faster if we varied the tapes we used (for those of us who have more than one). For example, at the gym they say if you do the same routine over and over again, your body stops working to it, but if you vary your routine every other week or so, it will help you lose weight faster. I don't know if it's just another "theory" but I read it somewhere. I guess the point is that maybe if we change the tapes we use every so often, we may see quicker results.

Just a few thoughts... I hope you all are doing well and continuing the challenge with more effort than I am. Whenever I get PMS I practically shut down, and I really just needed a break from the pressure I've put on myself to get thin...
Closed Thread