Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-04-2005, 11:47 PM   #31  
The Supreme Potato

Default Annoying my downstairs neighbors Saturday evening...

Ilene: I gotta hear the tale of the all night walk for cancer went. Did you go to bed after your part in the relay was over or did you really end up walking all night?

Luna: What version of DDR do you have?

So on my fourth workout of the week since it's Saturday, I figured I'd just play DDR for a couple of hours and call it good.

Activity: DDR
Date: 06/04/05, Duration: 02:00:52
HR Average/Max 113/234, Kcal: 1471

This was a really fun DDR session. After the first hour I managed to score enough points to unlock all the songs and the "endless gameplay" mode. This mode is really great, because you can select the songs and their difficulty level and they keep playing without interruption. This is much better (from a workout perspective) than playing some of the other game modes because there is not as much time spent waiting around in between songs thus keeping your heart rate going...

My feet are a bit sore though, we'll see what they feel like tommorow.

spud

Oh yeah, my HR max was so high because at one point I had to reach around the back of my PS/2 to plug in another controller. I had to lean in really close to the PS/2 to do this, which caused watch/receiver to freak out a bit and think my pulse had shot up to 234. I think the PS/2 emits a lot of radio noise.

Last edited by spud; 06-04-2005 at 11:55 PM. Reason: explain high max HR
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:14 AM   #32  
Ilene the Bean

Spud -- About the all night walk for cancer, I kinda wussed out I guess I have very sensitive eyes and they were walking on a dirt track and by 10:30 I could not take the dust anymore... I walked for about 1.5 hours was at the track for 5 hours for the luminatries celebratioins it was an emotional time because my dad had been diagnosed with prostate cancer and he starts his treatments for radiation this week. I discovered that I didn't have to stay the night our team of ten had to walk 10 hours and I walked 1.5 hours, so I sorta don't feel too badly I really do wish I could have stayed all night...

Today I biked 20K I ate clean too ...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 06:37 AM   #33  
Meg

Congrats on walking for 1.5 hours! That's quite an accomplishment.

: for your dad and his treatments this week ...
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 06:40 AM   #34  
Meg

My upper body is so freaking sore from four stellar workouts this week (arms, shoulders, back, and chest) that there's only one thing left to do today ... Legs!!

And some cardio, of course.
Old 06-05-2005, 08:07 AM   #35  

Ilene - *hugs* Wishing you the best with your dad.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 12:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Meg, I TOTALLY know how you feel. My whole upper body is BEAT down today so I did Pilates for an hour this AM and am doing legs this afternoon.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:15 PM   #37  
Meg

Tiki - I am now completely dysfunctional. Head to toes. I made the mistake of trying to push a grocery cart around for an hour after I finished legs and had to seriously contemplate leaving everything and gimping home. But I just hauled everything up the steps and don't want to move for the rest of the day!

Can't wait to see how we feel in the AM! (are we sick or what??!!)
Old 06-05-2005, 07:00 PM   #38  
Ilene the Bean

Thanks for the well wishes for my dad girls ... It's going to be a stressful week I can tell already... So I am preparing by making sure I have my daily workouts in no matter what...

Today I ran 11k...
Old 06-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Ilene, you are so smart. If it were me, planning to workout would be furthest from my thoughts, but probably one of the smartest things to do. That will help you to alleviate stress and stay focused. And 11K??? Is that a record for you? I don't recall you ever posting that you ran that far. Good job!

Meg, we are both totally insane. Like you, I went to the store and did my grocery shopping after annihilating my last properly functioning muscle group. I am SO ready to pass out now, but still have to comb DD's hair and clean up the kitchen.

Tiki.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #40  
The Supreme Potato

My final workout for the week was 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 30 minutes of playing DDR on continuous mode.

Activity: Elliptical + DDR
Date: 06/05/05, Duration: 01:01:55
HR Average/Max 131/189, Kcal: 1071

Not bad, five workouts this week, I'm happy with that. Now if I could just get the eating under control I might actually have something. Sigh.

spud
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 10:26 PM   #41  
Ilene the Bean

Tiki -- I've done 12k before. I try to do 10k on Sundays that's my long run...

Spud -- The exercise part is the easy part for me, it's the eating that's difficult to control I think many of us are like that...