Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-02-2005, 08:23 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Smile Exercise Accountability #4 - May 2 - May 8 ...

Wow May already !! Where does the time go ?? Let's make this the best month ever, afterall shorts and bathing suit season is just around the corner...

Today it's legs for me ....

NEXT !!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:47 PM   #2  

Hi,

Lotsa biking for me! I still did not connect my bike computer, I hope it is 15 km one way to work and 15 km back (I take different routes as the hills are killng me on the way back - GPS says that I live 450m above sea level while my work is about 200m above sea level). So I guess it counts as cardio and legs. If it does not rain, I will repeat the same tomorrow combined with visit to the gym for upper body workout...

Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 03:40 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Today is a cardio only day - so its me and Billy Blanks in the living room at 7PM sharp!

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 04:19 PM   #4  
Meg

Have fun with Billy - he certainly is a hot date.

Let's see, 30 minutes on the bike in the AM and kinda wimpy legs this afternoon (I was tired and also did them last Thursday, so ... ).
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 05:37 PM   #5  
Ilene the Bean

Meg -- You're still further ahead than moi, I didn't go to the gym at all, I went and had a snooze before the foot doctor's appointment... It ends up I have the same as you Meg Mortons Neuroma, I always wanted to be like toi!!
Old 05-02-2005, 05:57 PM   #6  
Meg

Oh no! What does he want you to do about it? Hopefully you were smarter than me and caught it in time so you can get fixed up without surgery. Can you still run on it?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:26 PM   #7  
Ilene the Bean

YES, can still run on it, thank goodness ... He was very very surprised that, at my age , I didn't have any knee, back or hip problems along with the feet problem... I really do think it's because of the weight training and my sssstrong like rrrrusssian buull legs !! My quads and hammies must be of equal strength, I've read that you need those muscles strong for running so I always make sure I get my quads and hammies and lower back too...I forgot to mention that to him... He's fitted me for orthotics, I get them next monday, wow I almost fainted when he told me the price!!... He says it may take me a few runs to get used to them but there should be no problem... Then he's going to do some kind of therapy on them I can't remember what though ... Later on he will look at me walking on a treadmill and make sure everything is in line... So I was quite impressed with him really... Are the doctors getting younger or am I getting older ?? I'm sure THEY are getting younger oh ....
Old 05-02-2005, 10:01 PM   #8  

Yes, Meg, Billy is hot. We had a very good time getting all sweaty together, even with DD in the room watching and laughing when I couldn't keep my leg up for the full 4 sets!

Ilene, yes, the doctors are younger - like Doogie Howser younger. It's definitely not you or me!

Tiki
Old 05-03-2005, 08:55 AM   #9  

I hooked up with Billy again this AM. Plus I have cheer practice tonight so that should give me some good ab work, stretches and push-ups.

Tiki
Old 05-03-2005, 11:03 AM   #10  
Ilene the Bean

Way to go on the exercise people... For a few days anyways I will be doing them vicariously through you because the allergies I thought I had has turned into a cold, YUCK!! But I'll up and at 'em by the weekend I'm sure !!
Old 05-03-2005, 11:54 AM   #11  

Okay Ilene, so tonight then WE are doing ab work with the cheerleaders, jumps, stretching and funky dance moves. Bet you didn't know you could "brush off the haters, pop your collar" and then "drop it like its hot" all in one dance move!

Tiki.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:03 PM   #12  
Ilene the Bean

OUCH!! Sounds like it's gonna hurt but it'll be loads of fun, it'll help get my flexability back if anything, or kill me!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:51 AM   #13  

Ilene, turns out we didn't get to "Pop our Collars and drop it like its hot." We did "brush off the haters" though. Yesterday we decided to devote mos of the day to building leg strength so we did lunges, shuttle runs, and hop alongs instead. We still ended up sweaty, though.

This AM I did 45 minutes on the elliptical and worked shoulders. I was supposed to run but the jiggle in my tummy makes the new piercing hurt so I will have to refrain until it heals up a tad bit.

Tiki
Old 05-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #14  

Yesterday - biking to work and home (2 hours 10 min total and 30 km, half uphill) - boy, after biking also on Monday did I feel tired pedalling home... Also, did UBW in the gym yesterday.
Today - I got WATP DVD as my anniversary present (way to go hubby!) - of course it was accompanied with hearty dinner in the Golf club (no, I dont' do golf, I just like their view ) So today after 2 pounds of extra weight WATP is going to be tried at home (never even tried it before, so I am excited!)
Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 09:35 AM   #15  

I promise that I will either ride my bike tonight for 45 minutes or do Tae-Bo. Oddly enough my back is sore from my shoulder workout yesterday but my shoulders aren't.

Go figure.

Tiki