Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-08-2005, 10:59 AM   #16  
Ilene the Bean

Thanks Ellen , it feels good to get back into it eventhough it was only 5 days!

Ran 10.5k this am in 1:06, I'm happy with that...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:06 AM   #17  

Great M-day gift to yourself, Ilene - you rock!
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #18  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Just popping in for a minute before I unplug the computer. The half went ok this am. I finished in 2:11 chip time (took a full minute to get to the start line). It was windy and cold and having stupidly believed the weather forcast, I was wearing shorts and a short sleeved shirt and was not warm enough (other running clothes were packed away and the temp apt). This week has been insane with packing up, final arrangements for the renos, etc. and I was eating crap and not drinking enough water. At least those are my excuses for finishing a race more slowly than my last long run of 21k. Won't talk about how I started out too fast, even knowing I was doing it and my legs turned to lead for the final 4 or 5K. Works for me. At least it shouldn't be too hard to beat it next time! And I got a finisher's medal and t-shirt all the same.
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:08 PM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

Only Mee -- Sorry to hear that you weren't please with your time, but I think you did awesomely ... From what I've read up on before my 10k last week, eating properly the week before a race is extremely important as is being well hydrated the whole week, I think those two aspects really helped me in my 10k. NOT, that I know that much about running long distances ...
Old 05-09-2005, 03:34 PM   #20  
Athlete in Training

Hi all,

I love to hear all the running stories. Very inspiring!

Only Me -- congrats on the half marathon! Finishing is always good, even if you think you could have done better. In my best shape, I couldn't do a half marathon in your time, so I am very impressed.

6 miles this weekend. I had a very active weekend doing stuff around the house, so I did a very easy walk today with my dogs. I tend to push and get injured (stress fractures in my feet ), so I'm trying to listen to my body and give it a break now and again. Tomorrow I'm back to the training plan.

Has anyone heard of the Core training ball? It's a big blow up ball that you train with and supposedly is more effective than sit-ups to strengthen back and abs. I bought one mail-order, and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I know I'll be doing a 6 hour plus marathon and want to make sure the "core" muscles can support the effort.

Enjoy this week's running!
Monkeypoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 10:36 PM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

Terry join us in the Cool Runners #5 that I've started for this week...