Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #1  

Angry HELP!! What am I doing wrong?!?

I think I must be doing something wrong, I just don't know what it is. I joined a gym on Feb 2. I go generally 3-5 times per week, usually more like 4 or 5. I am starting to feel my cardio health improving, BUT why oh why am I not losing pounds! I've lost 4 lbs in over 2 months! Something's not right here!

My gym is a circuit type (a little like Curves) So I generally do the 10 machine circuit of weight training machines, and 30-60 minutes of cardio. I tend to favour the stairclimber because (according to the machine itself) it burns more calories in that period of time. I've started increasing the level, and varying the program I use. But I'm still not losing weight. Any ideas? Am I making a mistake I'm not seeing?

I'm also doing WW, and am journalling my intake.

Any suggestions would be helpful because this is getting frustrating.
Ivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #2  
my dad made me1 from wood

You probably are gaining muscle which weighs more than fat... Maybe u should take measurments along with weighing yourself...
scorchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #3  
jmuns79

Ivory,

I know what you mean. Lately, I've been losing between 1/3 and 1/2 pound per week. It looks like you're experiencing the same thing that I am. I know some people change to core if they want to shake it up. If you're on the flex plan, I would suggest eating your activity points, but not eating your flex. That might get you started.

if this doesn't work, maybe you could try the wendie plan? If you just type it into a search engine, you'll get info. It's a program that varies your WW points to stimulate your metabolism.

Good luck, and I totally feel your pain. I go the WW online message boards and see women who lose like 3-4 pounds per WEEK, when it takes me like 6 weeks to do that! Life isn't fair, right?
jmuns79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 05:00 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

One question:

How is your nutrition?

Exercise is only part of it...to lose fat you also need to cut calories, etc.
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 09:03 PM   #5  

My nutrition is pretty good, although I did just about the same post in the WW area for any nutrition suggestions. I'm going to try and tweak my exercise and see if that helps, as well as follow some of the tips in the WW area.

I think I'll take some measurements, and see if I'm losing inches. As long as I look thinner, that's fine with me!

I'm going to look into the Wendie plan as you suggested, and see if its right for me!
Ivory is offline   Reply With Quote