Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-15-2005, 03:01 PM   #1  
Heather

Default A little concerned

I got my new tae bo tapes yesterday, and the run time is 60 mins. I usualy do 25-30 mins in the morning before work and thought doing 60 mins would be tough but nothing to worry about. I was about 37 mins into the workout and all of a sudden got naseous and had bad cramps in my stomach (kind of like menstral, but not time for that) so I decided I would stop and go take my shower. I got in the shower and closed my eyes to rinse the shampoo out of my eyes and when I opened my eyes it was dark, hart to see, almost like when you are about to pass out, the tunnel vision. ( i have passed out twice before it is scary) So I sat down (we have a shower stall w/seats) and finished my shower sitting down, then laid down on the bed for about 8 mins before I felt ok again.
I have high blood pressure and so I checked it about 45 mins later and it was almost normal 131/84 so I wondered if perhaps my BP got too high or even low? Has anyone else had this happen? Did I try too much too quickly? I have been doing 25-30 mins of this cardio for the last 2 1/2 months 5 days a week and not had one problem.
echocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 04:57 PM   #2  
it's always something

I would suggest you make an appointment with your doctor for a good physical. It could be anything - heart trouble, low blood sugar, high blood pressure, etc. It doesnt sound like anything you should self-diagnose, but definitely sounds like it needs attention. Please don't push yourself again without knowing what is going on inside of your body, first. There can be so many underlying problems that we don't know about, that can be triggered by activities, foods, diet products, etc.

Be careful
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #3  
Heather

Yeah, I will check with her. I agree it can be something serious, or it could be too early in the morning Thanks for your reply
echocreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:24 PM   #4  

Hi,
I would definitely make a trip to the doctor, just to have a checkup and make sure all is well. But honestly, I myself do Taebo, and I am no pro by any means and the workout still gets to me. You really have to go to it in moderation with TAEBO, it is a very intense workout, and if your body is not used to working at that pace, then you have to work up to it. I have experienced the same symptoms you described myself, from overdoing it with the tapes. Listen to your body, you may need to give yourself more of a chance to work up to where you are right now.....Taebo hits a lot of areas that you may have not worked in a while. The nausea and cramping could very well be due to pushing yourself to hard, especially the blackouts, you could be pushing to hard and causing your blood pressure to go up. Definitely cut down a bit and take it easy, all will come in time
Jewels
jewels2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:22 PM   #5  

Definitely, definitely see a doctor, and soon. Hopefully (s)he'll determine it's nothing serious, and that you just overdid the taebo a little. But just in case it's the start of a real problem, please go get checked over right away.
pegatha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:32 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

Hi, I also have HTN....and have had the same type of symptoms when my BP gets uncontrolled along with a sensation of dizziness...you might want to try wearing a HR monitor when you work out, or keep a close check on your pulse by hand. If it took 45 mins. to get your diastolic number down to 84, it might have been much higher when exercising.....or did you forget your meds?, not eat?, consume alcohol the night before, causing you to be slightly dehydrated?

If it was a really intense workout (or just seeing Billy's bod-- ) you may have pushed yourself too hard.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote