Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-15-2005, 02:40 PM   #1  

Default Jazzercise

I am a newbie and there are so many threads and posts on exercise, I was just wondering if anyone else Jazzercised. I have been going twice a week for a year and recently added a third night. Between exercise and WW, I have lost 73 lbs.

Yeah me!
Bittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 09:06 PM   #2  

Congrats on the 73 lbs!!!!!

I started Jazzercise Feb. 1 and I LOVE IT! I have not lost weight (my eating habbits suck) BUT I have lost inches! about a month into Jazzercising my BF could tell a real difference! I go 3-4 times a week now since I have to work overtime but as soon as tax season is over i WILL be going 5-6 times a week!

with WW are you doing flex points? I didnt stick with it when I did it, but then again, I was doing it on my own and was not attending meetings.
ChristinaMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:41 PM   #3  

Yes, I am doing flex. I didn't say that I'm 50 yo and just started my 3rd year w/WW. I'm at a point in my life that it doesn't seem to matter how long it takes to loose the weight as long as I keep trying!
Old 03-16-2005, 04:24 PM   #4  
Uber-Moderator!!

I was a Jazzercise NUT for YEARS...and I'd still go were it not for my current crazy schedule.

I HIGHLY recommend Jazzercise - no matter what your weight or skill level (or in my case, klutziness level) pretty much ANYONE can do it, it's never boring, always changes, all the instructors I've taken classes from in the past have been extremely knowledgeable in fitness and health, AND I immediately felt accepted (even though I was still close to 200 lbs when I first started in 1990). In fact (and I don't want to get raked over the coals for saying this - not meant to be a flame) I would DEFINITELY recommend Jazzercise over Curves - or at least as an adjunct activity - because many of the reasons people sign up for Curves would also be reasons to sign up for Jazzercise - a women-oriented setting (there ARE some guys, but they're VASTLY outnumbered by women) of ALL sizes and abilities, a FUN workout, great music (which frequently changes - but still easy to keep up with!) plus you're not 'locked into' a contract or need to pay an 'enrollment fee'.

I personally think that one of the most critical elements of making exercise part of a permanent healthy lifestyle change is to MAKE IT FUN! And that's EXACTLY what Jazzercise is - it's FUN.

(and if you get really hooked - do what I did in 1991 and go to a Jazzerjam (Jazzercise convention) or regional event - they usually organize regional fundraisers for the Komen Foundation each year.
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 04:59 PM   #5  

i have to try out this jazzercise. Do i need to buy it in a store? Or is it a class you take?
lovemychocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 05:12 PM   #6  
Uber-Moderator!!

It's a class - Jazzercise has been around for 35 years now.

Their website is jazzercise.com - they usually have some sort of coupon freebee. In fact, I just checked and they have a coupon good for a free week, and if you like them, you can get a free month when you buy three months. (If you don't want to pay for a whole month, you can also pay class-by-class or - I think - blocks of classes or week-by-week - you'd have to check with the instructor). BTW there is also a search engine on the site - you can find the instructors/schedules in your area!
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:20 AM   #7  

I got a really good deal! I dont know if the Class Manager accidentally put 2 deals together or I was really supposed to get this price.

One deal was 3 months for $99. Then there was buy 3 months get one free. So I got FOUR months for $99 with a free week!!

There are 2 centers that I can go to. I switch back and forth depending on which instructor I like better. I know you are supposed love the workout, not the instructor, but there are instructors that are more motivating than others and therefore I work harder in their classes!
Old 03-17-2005, 02:00 PM   #8  

I agree with every praise you have for Jazzercise. I have never liked exercise, but Jazzercise is my niche. I started over a year ago and try to attend at a minimum of two classes a week, last week I made it to 4! I feel like a have a real commaderie (sp?) with the other class members and I believe we ALL enjoy it! Good luck to you and hope you get the Jazzercise bug!
Old 03-20-2005, 02:37 PM   #9  

has anyone tried the Jazzercizing body sculpting class? They have them 3 nights a week here. I was thinking about giving that a shot as well along with the regular jazzercise classes.