Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #76  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Great work, ladies! Just over a week to go before the month is up, so let's KEEP MOVIN'!

I found time to get three miles in over the weekend and I spent all Saturday morning cleaning the house. Now, unfortunately, I'm on my way to a full-fledge cold. Not a happy camper. Esp. since my dad is coming up to visit for Easter. Have a lot to get done this week in preparation of the holiday weekend, so hopefully this cold doesn't get the best of me.

I hope all of you are keeping well... stayin' happy and healthy and all that great stuff! Take care, girls!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 02:17 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey hey hey walkin buddies!

Ya'll are all doing GREAT! go go go

I got up early and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP dvd.
March Miles = 26.5

Note to Self: I have got to get up early every morning to get in my exercise!!! If I don't, something always comes up to keep me from getting it in later! *sigh*

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:39 PM   #78  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Talking Heyyy

Hi ya'll! So glad spring is here. Hope it brightens my mood!

Ty Mel! Can't wait to start losing again!

Hi Cathy! Love how you post so often.

Ty Sherri! I'll be glad when this is over!

Hi Amy~ TY! I feel better already!

Ty Macon! I have Carpal Tunnel in both hands.. had surgery on one last year, which did not cure it. I plan for another one in June or so this year. Then the other hand next year. I managed a doctor's office for years and I think I'm paying for all that typing! Even though now, I think my hands do much much more! I had worked up from 2 lbs weights to 10 weights here at home every other day. I did a whole list of diff. exercises with them. My arms got so nice and toned. It really helped. Then my wrists were burning too much. Hadda stop. Which sucks. So now I am thinking, that the weight machines, like the butterfly, I can use mostly my arms, etc. Also, swimming this summer will help me. Also I am doing between 10k and 12k now. Stopped the 15 k. Just no time for it. Who can walk every single day for an extra 2 hours?? I have done it, but right now, I'm so busy with life, that it's not possible. So I think, well, at least I'm getting a full 10K. Right?

This is gonna be OUR YEAR everyone! I can feeeeel it!

Hugs! And I wish u all a great Easter holiday!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 04:58 PM   #79  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Sorry you're feeling sick Mel. Vitamin C, vitamin C, vitamin C! Hope you feel better for easter.

Glad you're doing better Selina

Got in 2 miles last night with my best bud. Too bad I couldn't throw in another 1/2. I'm at 19-1/2 miles for the month. Woo hoo! I think that is the most I've done. EVER! And me and the bf are going hiking again this weekend! Oh, and I got 2 of the 5 pounds off that I gained back. Yeah me! haha This IS our year Selina! hehe Later gals.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:11 AM   #80  

hey walkin buddies!

I got up early and did a 30 minute 2.5 mile Walk & Jog dvd.
March Miles = 29

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #81  

I'm up to 44 miles this month. Keep moving ladies!
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #82  
one of my goals!

S/C/G: 215/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi all I am new!!
I think logging miles is a great idea.
I did 3.11 miles today... am I pathetic for counting the .11 miles???
BrunetteChic_2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 04:01 PM   #83  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Welcome Krista! And you are definately not pathetic for counting that .11 mile. Every little bit counts!

I got in 1/2 a mile at lunch today. So that puts me at 20 for the month so far! Woo hoo! I'm going to try the 4 mile path after work today. I'll let you all know how it went. Later
Old 03-27-2005, 04:02 PM   #84  

Welcome Krista! congrats on the 3.11 miles on Thursday!
and I say count 'em all!

I did a 60 minute 4 miles WATP dvd yesterday.
March Miles = 33

Hope everyone has a Blessed Easter!

He is Lord!

hugs,
Cathy
Old 03-28-2005, 11:19 AM   #85  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Thumbs up

Hi Ladies~

I am back again! I am really needing to get motivated so that I can stick with something. So if you don't mind me jumping in on this thread again I would love to. I'm not really going to count this week but have a goal in mind for April and will start counting the miles then.

Looks like everyone is doing a GREAT job with their walking! Keep up the good work ladies!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 01:50 PM   #86  

I'm new here and would like to join the Walkers. I probably will begin when the new month starts. I had a walking routine last fall and didn't notice any weight loss. I've gained weight over the winter and would like a healthy way to shed it. I've always enjoyed walking logging my miles is a great way to see what I've accomplished. Last fall, I walked about 25 minutes a day. If all I can fit into my day is 25 minutes of walking, is it even worth it? Also, can someone explain to me how the WATP videos work---meaning what exactly do they involve?
Healthy4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 03:16 PM   #87  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi and WELCOME Healthy4Life! I have to say YES!!! Of course 25 minutes a day walking is worth it! I think any amount of exercise is good even if it is 10 minutes a day. 25 minutes is good especially since there are those who can do a mile in about 7-12 mns. I am not one of those but have known others who have so yes 25 minutes a day is GREAT! The WATP videos are just walking in place with some arm exercises involved in some of them. I have the 2, 3 and 4 mile ones and when I get on a roll doing them I thoroughly enjoy doing them. It goes by so much faster than actually walking on the treadmill or outdoors. But I like to switch up my routine as I tend to get bored easily so I walk outdoors, on the treadmill and do the WATP tapes (not at the same time) when I am actually motivated to do any walking. I am hoping to get in a routine again slowly but am starting on April 1 to get on a schedule for sure. I am tired of farting around and getting nowhere so I've made a goal of 25 miles for the month of April.

Take care ladies and have a GREAT walking day!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:55 PM   #88  

March is almost over...I hope everybody is keeping up the great work!
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:02 AM   #89  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

HI I am new here.. and walking is my exercise choice! wheni made this journey previously.. my goal was to walk 5-10 miles per day .. now i am starting all over after back surgery and being lazy for a few years lol .. I am walking and counting steps..

i was reading thru the threads .. just wanted to mention a site i dont know if u have seen this or not its called america on the move.. u can record your steps or miles each day and walk across the united states or various other scenic trails.. you also get a certificate when u complete it!!!

kinda keeps u motivated to think u have walked across the US!!!
its americaonthemove.org

curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 10:49 AM   #90  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi newbies! Welcome to the group!

I've been MIA this week. It rained all day Saturday and easter was sunday so I didn't get in my 6 mile hike. Hope I can this weekend. I did get in 2 miles on Monday. Hoping for more tonight. Talk at you all later