Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2001, 01:33 PM   #16  
choose it to loose it:)

I prefere to listen to up beat kind of music. I also have a discman but the only thing is I can only listen to one song cd at at a time and if I have to change songs in the middile of my wo it kind of throws me off so I just tape them. I am not up to that kind of technology to where I can burn one off. I would love to be able to do that. My puter is prehistoric I have been having trouble getting onto my chats and the boards here lately. I haven't decided if it's my puter or this site

Karen M
Old 06-07-2001, 07:31 AM   #17  

When I ride my bike, I like to listen to AC/DC. The time seams to go by much faster than just sitting there listening to the hum of the bike. Most of AC/DC songs have a beat where I can at 28 MPH. I have my cd's stored on my computer, so I am going to make a mix cd that has a warmup song, some interval songs and a cool down song. I get into the music so much, I forget I am suppose to be cooling down. I like all kinds of music from classical, country, rock and some modern. I guess my favorite thing about AC/DC was my husband and I got 3rd row seats for their concert in Orlando for our anniversary in April and I think back to what a great time we had. It deffinately helps the time pass.
Old 06-07-2001, 09:35 AM   #18  
Uber-Moderator!!

Angry Amazing...

How varied our tastes our, aren't they? From country to classic rock, to classical music to hard heavy metal - even books on tape! Yet all of us here have one common goal - all striving to be the best we can be!

I've been listening to the new Tool CD "Lateralus" which is really great! But I KNOW it's not everyone's cuppa tea.

Just to show you how ancient I am, I saw AC/DC back in '78 when they first played the Bay Area! Actually they were the opening act, followed by Van Halen (with Dave of course!), Pat Travers Band, Foreigner (yaawwwn...) and Aerosmith were the headliners...yesterday Jim told me he wants to see Aerosmith this summer. I'm hoping it's a daytime concert - just can't stay up that late anymore!
Old 06-14-2001, 10:05 PM   #19  

I made some tapes, as I have a Walkman tape player with a lap timer on it. I've made 4 different tapes...all upbeat with various artist. New Seekers, Journey, Cliff Richard, Chicago, The Eagles, Neil McCoy, Jim Croce, Styx, Kershaw, Gilbert O'Sullivan even have David Soul thrown in there, and the soundtracks from Heathcliff and Beauty and the Beast. Depending on the walk I'm doing...all the tapes start out with fast beat songs..and end with slower, and I just keep the pace. On the days I walk without the tape player, I tend to be more tired!!! I was thinking of buying a CD player..but I like have the various artists, and not have to listen to just one.
Old 06-16-2001, 10:20 AM   #20  

What a great topic!!

Neil Diamond and I go to the gym 4 times a week and walk on the treadmill and ride the bike!! I tried some show tunes to walk with and while they kept the pace, they weren't "my" favorite show tunes... so Neil Diamond it is... but it's only his "Jazz Singer" cd...

As far as the shorts with enough stretch in them so they don't ride up when you walk (yeah had the same problem LOL)... I found some bike shorts at walmart made by Just My size" and they were something like $12.50 a pair.. they are great, except they don't have any pockets.. hope that helps someone..
Old 06-25-2001, 07:23 AM   #21  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Kat

I'm gonna check those shorts out even though the word "stretch" still makes me cringe!

I usually wear these adidas unlined wind pants - they keep me cool and I don't have to worry about anything riding up! Unfortunately, I can't find another pair like them! They are either lined, or they have elastic around the ankles! These have a hole in the crotch that has been sewn 3 times already! LOL!

I'm still listening to my same Prodigy CD to work out with. It's the only CD that doesn't have a song on it that isn't upbeat and each song is full of energy! It's "Fat of the Land".

I often find myself mouthing the words in anger in the gym! I must look really silly, but it works!

Girlie
Closed Thread