Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-12-2005, 10:11 AM   #1  

Default leslie sansone walkblaster

Just wondering if anyone has the leslie sansone walkblaster?? and if they like it??? I just got mine in the mail and cant wait to try it!!!

fribbit
fribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 11:47 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I haven't heard of this product personally but we do have a group of walkers of all types, they do WATP videos or walk their neighborhoods or mall walkers even! Their current thread is the January walkers thread feel free to jump on in! I love the WATP dvds they are great!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 04:18 PM   #3  

I received this for Christmas. I have found it to be a waste of money. The work out is not very difficult. I don't even sweat. I love her other tapes and was so looking forward to this new series. Big disappointment. That my take on it. You may love it.

The Aunt
The Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 07:03 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

Darn! I was curious about that and Kick! Did you try that one also? I read that it was supposed to be the most intense video yet, and it incorporates kickboxing with walking. I have absolutely no idea where I read that, lol. It was in a magazine in a waiting room.

I've outgrown the 4 Mile Express and I need a new challenge.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2005, 05:36 PM   #5  

Jennifer,
I have the Walk and Kick and the Walk and Jog and like them both. They are both equal to about 2 miles. Her Walk and Jog is more of a workout then the Walk and Kick. I have the Walk Blaster as well and I'm not that impressed with it. It doesn't get my heartrate up either and I find some of the positions are uncomfortable. I was so excited to get these but should have known they wouldn't be the same being put out by Good Times. They don't even have the mile breakdown so you don't know if you've walked 2 miles or what you are walking. Very disappointing. I would recommend her WK and WJ though.
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 02:40 PM   #6  
WW Moderator

Rose! Nice seeing you again. Do you think Walk and Jog is more challenging than the 4 Mile Express?
Old 01-18-2005, 02:05 PM   #7  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

Here's something I thought that some of you might be interested in trying. I just ordered the Walk and Kick and Walk and Jog for something different. However, in doing the 4 Mile Super Challenge, I've started changing the routine a bit. Rather than walking in place during the slow times in the walk...I do jumping jacks and upper body twists. If you get bored with just walking in place, remember Leslie's advice..."Let this be your workout".
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:31 AM   #8  
WW Moderator

Ah good idea. I said once I was going to buy ankle weights, but I forgot about that! Moving it around could help too.

I noticed on Leslie's site that the 4 Mile Challenge is advanced, but the Walk and Jog and Walk and Kick are in the intermediate category. Darn!
Old 01-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #9  

Jennifer,
Sorry for the late reply. I would say that the Walk and Jog is closer to the 4 mile super challenge walk then the Walk and Kick. The WJ gets my heartrate up there because of the jogging segments and you can always put more into it then Leslie does if you feel it's not challenging enough. Also a good series but older from 1995 is the Walk the Walk system not to be confused with her newest Walk the Walk which is Christian based. The older Walk the Walk has the Miracle Mile walk the Two Mile Walk and another one I can't think of right now but I wanted to say the Two Mile Walk is excellent and each mile takes about 12 minutes. You really move in this one. Just a thought.
Old 01-20-2005, 10:00 PM   #10  
WW Moderator

Thanks, Rose! Do you think the Two Mile walk is more intense than the 4 mile super challenge? If it's too short for me, I can just play it twice.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:04 PM   #11  

Jennifer,
Yes I think it's more intense then the 4 mile walk just because it has different moves that really gets you moving such as side squats, allot of grapevines, walking back with knee raises and walking to the front with kickbacks. And it's a 12 minute mile on both miles which I really like and at the end you get a nice streatch with squats, plies (sp?), calf stretches and arm stretches. I do the same thing, if I want a four mile walk I'll just do it twice. Sometimes I do two in the morning and then two in the evening. Did you ever try her older 4 mile walks like the 4 mile Fat Burner workout? That one has jogging in it and then she has a 4 mile with Florine but I prefer the 3rd and 4th mile in this one because the first two miles drag and the people walking act like they are exhausted and aren't too energetic. The one with Florine in it is only on VHS I believe but the 4 mile Fat Burner is on DVD in case you're interested!
Old 01-21-2005, 04:16 PM   #12  

Rose,
I have her 4 Mile Fat Burner. I love it. It really gets my heartrate up. I just bought the Walk & Jog and the Walk & Kick. I haven't tried either one yet. I also have a DVD of Leslie's that you use wieghts during the entire workout. I can't remember the name of it. It's 3 or 4 miles. Sorry I'm at work and can't think of the name but it's a really good work out.

The Aunt
The Aunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 AM   #13  
WW Moderator

Thank you, Rose! I'm so glad we have our resident Leslie Expert in the house.
Old 01-22-2005, 05:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Jennifer - I bought the Walk and Jog this week. and I love it! did it 3 times I think. I also have the 4 mile express walk that I love too, but after the 3rd mile it is just really easy - doesn't feel like I'm doing much except that I am still moving.

Before work I really only have 30 minutes so wanted something with more intensity in that amount of time.

And I do find the Walk and Jog to be more intense - the jogging really kicks it up a notch for me. It is only half as long as the 4 mile express, but like you said, when you wanted to do 60 minutes you could do the Walk and Jog twice - you would really be sweating girlie! Also at the end of the Walk and Jog she says its the same as walking 2 1/2 miles - so you get more done in 30 minutes.

let us know if you try it.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote