Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-03-2005, 09:18 PM   #1  
Tons of fun!!!!

Default Help!!!!

Hello all, i figured this would be the best place to post this question, I started my lifestyle change on the last day of april 2004, I have so far dropped 51 pounds (yay!! ) I initailly and still have my calories set at 1200 -1400 a day. which honestly is usually barely pushing 1200... i cant seem to convince myself to go over. Once a week i eat a free meal which is usually still nothing too bad (greasy food makes me nautious these days, which i see as a good thing cuz then i dont want any) I started going to the gym in the end if june and i go faithfully 4-5 days a week, i circuit train and also do cardio, i have recently even began jogging which i could never do before.... anyways enough history, my question is AM I EATING ENOUGH? because my weight loss has started slowing down and its frustrating, some weeks i dont even lose a pound.... but then on thanksgiving and over christmas i lost two pounds on both holidays, in which i probably consumed more like 1500-2000 cals that day.....(i had to sample everything but did not go overboard) any advice about how many cals i should be consuming or am i doing ok? thank you.... Jamie
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Jamie
Most likely you need to eat more. Your body will go into starvation mode if you aren't getting enough. So at least aim for 1200 and make sure you hit that mark daily you really don't want to go below that. But I'm not a professional. Just offering some advice

Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 09:35 PM   #3  

I just posted this on another thread earlier today. Go to http://www.jimkaras.com/loss_math01.cfm and you can plug in your stats to see how many calories you should be eating to enable weight loss. It assumes that you don't have any issues that would affect your metabolism other than calorie input/output.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2005, 10:34 AM   #4  
singletrack chick

i would up my calories if i were you. i lost weuight successfully at about 1500 calories a day. i figured up how many calories i need to eat to maintain my weight at my activity leve and its something crazy like 2200 a day. so you see, you could probably up your calorie intake by about 1000 a day and still maintain (which is crazy to think about). follow funniegrrl's link and see what you should be eating. try eating a little more. with all that excercise, your body needs fuel.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2005, 09:00 PM   #5  
Tons of fun!!!!

thank you everyone for your replies, i think maybe i will try 1400-1500 and try to stay at that for awhile, funniegirl i went to your link it said i should be eating 2200 cals, I just dont think i can do that, but i am going to up them a couple hundred per day and see how that goes. thanx again!!!
hippiechic is offline   Reply With Quote