Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-31-2004, 04:43 PM   #1  

Default Back Fat

Yep - I have boobs - back and front! Does anyone have a good exercise for that area just below the bra on your back? No matter how much weight I lose or what exercises I do - I can't seem to lose the back boobs. Any suggestions?

TIA!

Sandy
chocy963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 06:40 PM   #2  
MomWifeTeacherFriend

Oh Sandy.... (Said in my best Danny Zuko (Grease!) voice)....hehehee

Don't you just HATEEEE those BackBoobs?! THEY are 1 of my most hated parts! Have you tried using weights? I had (notice the past tense!) a lot of success getting rid of both my BackBoobs AND my JigglySideLegs (my other most hated part.... you know...the extra hip things...egads!) when I was using my weights and Firm tapes regularly!

I can barely pick up one of my dumbells with both hands right this minute! Just flipping on a Firm dvd would more than likely kill me at the moment.... BUT...I'm headed back in for Round #2!

Good luck with your quest to rid yourself of the Dreaded BackBoobs! If you find something that works, PLEASE let me know!

take care!
HatterasMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2004, 06:48 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Unfortunately, you can't 'spot reduce' - i.e., short of liposuction, you can't MAKE your body lose fat in specific areas. Fat is systemic - when your body burns fat, it'll take it from the most convenient/easiest place on your body. In my experience, it's a matter of 'last on - first off' as far as taking fat off goes.

We all have different 'stubborn spots' - for me it was my thighs...

What you need to do (if you're not doing so already) is reduce your calorie intake and bring your cardio up. Weight training helps tremendously too - but if you don't make nutrition changes and add cardiovascular exercise, you will end up with muscles covered with a thick layer of fat!

You might want to check out the Ladies Who Lift (LWL) forum for some upper-back exercises - get into what we at LWL call the LWL Trinity (Nutrition, Cardio, Weight Training) and you'll lose weight AND look great this coming year
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2005, 11:01 AM   #4  

Mrs. Jim - Thanks for the advise. I will check in over at the other board. I do plan on working on everything - exercising and eating better. But, when I have done that in the past my back is still a problem area. I am hoping to find some exercises that will target the right muscles.

Hatteras - good luck to you too!
chocy963 is offline   Reply With Quote