Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 12-08-2004, 12:17 PM   #1  

Default dance dance revolution

hi everyone! i was wondering if anyone has tried this dance dance revolution thing. it sounds like great fun and i from what i've researched, it is becoming a popular thing. any opinions would be appreciated before i invest!!

thanks
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 12:35 PM   #2  

I own DDR Max 2 and have tried it a few times. It's decent for a workout if you do it long enough and a lot of fun, but make sure you start on 'Beginner' level (which you change by hitting the up and down arrows on the mat while picking a song). I didn't do that the first few times I did it, because I didn't know I could, and got really discouraged because I just couldn't keep up. You'll ease your way into harder levels but start easy or you'll stop doing it after a few plays.
ali_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

I just ordered DDR Extreme and it should be here anytime now!! I'm sooo excited to use it!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 01:32 PM   #4  

Default hi again

hi again! thanks for the info. when i was looking up the prices there were so many different kinds? it's a bit confusing. they have a cheapo one for a $100 that you hook directly up to the tv that has 100 songs, but that's it. you can't expand any. i was debating the playstation, i like video games but i'm from the old school and don't understand some of the new games??? any opinions???
thanks again
kathy
Old 12-08-2004, 05:34 PM   #5  

Omg I got the ps2 platform with 2 game pads and ddr extreme off of ebay for 39.99 plus shipping $64 total! I would say go for the playstation!! Even if you don't want to get the Play station 2 get a ps1 they are only around 40 bucks now and then you can get the ddr bundle and spend only about 100 bucks
Old 12-08-2004, 05:35 PM   #6  

http://www.ddrfreak.com/buyddr.php

Check out this link, it has some great ddr bundles etc...
Old 12-09-2004, 12:50 AM   #7  

Default hi

hi michellerae! first i want to thank you for the help and the good website. i checked it out and learned a lot. it seems the more i read, the more questions i have and i hope i'm not becoming a pain

why do some dance pads have more arrows than others?? i see some are non-slip, some are padded, etc... are there any more dance mixes than the 3 for the ps2 on that site? i don't know many of those songs

i have definitely decided to get the ps2 as a xmas gift for myself. so i'm set on that part.

thanks again!
kathy
Old 12-09-2004, 02:39 AM   #8  

I don't know many of the songs either but don't let that stop you from buying!! There are several types of pads that you can get, I'm saving up so I can get the hard pads which run about 100 bucks each. but to start I got the non slip pads which will work until my hubby will let me buy the other ones lol. As far as I know all the pads are the same, and work the same. I'm excited for mine to arrive it should be any day now yayyy!! I'll definately let you know how it goes lol although I'm sure I'll look like a big dork but who cares it will be fun!

Michelle
Old 12-09-2004, 02:41 AM   #9  

Oh I meant to give you this other link that I go to for ddr. It has stories of people who have lost weight playing DDR.
http://www.getupmove.com/
Old 12-09-2004, 02:16 PM   #10  

Default hi

i seen the hard pads online too. i only want to spend the $ once so i want to get the right ones the first time. i wonder if the hard ones are rougher on the feet??

i'll be looking like an even bigger dork, but i am tired of traditional exercise and it's too hard to walk in the winter. like you said it looks like lots of fun. i'll probably wait till jan to get mine because i am going on vacation for the holidays and i'm getting some $ due in a couple of weeks. so if you get yours soon, let me in on the fun.

thanks for the other site. i will check it out.
kathy
Old 12-09-2004, 05:19 PM   #11  

Kathy I just got my ddr set today and OMG it is soooo fun!! I even had my hubby doing it with me!! And we kept going, just one more time, just one more time LOL I loved it!!!!!!! I got 30 minutes of exercise and it didn't even feel like that!! I got the soft pads but they came with the game I ordered for the same price as the game alone so I just went ahead and bought it The hard mats I think you can probably wear your shoes on it But I definately recommend the game it is awesome!!

Michelle
Old 12-10-2004, 12:31 AM   #12  

Default hi

i'm almost as excited as you and i didn't even get one yet. it sounds like so much fun the more i read and now hear from you about it. what you said is exactly what i'm looking for...exercise that doesn't feel like exercise.

did you and hubby try to outscore each other or just practice?? i read they have tournaments and stuff. that's some serious dedication.

keep me updated and have some fun for me till i get mine.
kathy
Old 12-10-2004, 12:40 AM   #13  

LOL yes hubby and I were trying to beat each other which of course me being a woman was a bit more graceful than he was LOL!! I was so much fun I'm going to get him to do DDR with me everyday, aside from getting exercise we can spend some time laughing together I'm sooo thrilled that I got this!!

Kathy when you get yours let me know and we can compare scores and such or compare times etc
Old 12-10-2004, 12:50 AM   #14  
WW Moderator

I'm so glad this thread is here! We keep almost buying this for my son (and me!). I was interested in the Red Octane pads. Michelle, are your pads holding up ok? I can't remember what all I read about the red octane, but I liked what I read.

Is there anywhere online I can listen to clips? I've tried unsuccessfully to listen to any samples so far.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:48 AM   #15  

I believe the ddrfreak.com link above has links! I've only had my pads a day but they seem pretty durable. But I'm going to get the hard pads in a few months just because they have longer life to them from what I've read! Jennifer you have got to do this it is soooooo fun!! I guarantee you will love it !!