Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 01-27-2005, 11:38 PM   #91  
Oooo Silly Me!

yes, you can put your weight in the DDR game, on workout mode. When my dsd and I do the work out mode, she puts in her weight and I put mine in and yhou can see at the end, even though she is much better than I am, that I am still burning a few more calories than she is. But I'm wondering about what you said, when you stated that the longer you play it the less accurate it is. I'll have to look around for that, if you come across it, please let me know?

Thanks...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:14 AM   #92  
WW Moderator

Hi Sue, I read it in a DDR forum somewhere. It wasn't said by the company, just by a DDR player. Apparently somebody on the forum said they were burning 1,000 to 2,000 calories a day, and some people strongly disagreed that he could possibly be doing it. So it wasn't a scientific answer.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 12:38 AM   #93  

Default hey there!!

hi everyone! i am going to wally world to get the game at least. i am going to my friend's sunday and she has a ps2, so maybe i can at least try it out till i get a ps2.

have a great friday!
kathy
corningkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:10 AM   #94  

Jennifer, I went to Game Stop and got my two pads from there. My brother got the DDR Extreme pack and also got his second pad from Game Stop. It's almost identical. He actually likes the game stop pad better then the one that comes with the game. (it's the soft pads).

Has anyone tried the "Challenge" mode yet? I've been playing with that for a while and am confused at how many times you are allowed to miss per game... I seem to always get to the 3rd song and "GAME OVER"... can't quite master that yet. Let me know if anyone has any advise or a better understanding of this mode.

Thanks all!!!
kelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 09:08 PM   #95  
Oooo Silly Me!

Jennifer - Thanks for that info... I figured it to be areobic and I just plug it into my Diet Power program. I just put the time that spend doing the activity. Although, I have thought about plugging in the amount of miles it says I does under walking, rather than jogging. Since it gives me a readout for jogging, swimming and osmething else. Either way it works.

Thanks again...
Sue...
Old 01-29-2005, 02:08 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 207/171/150

Default tv ddr

i just got the tv dance pad ddr. you just hook it up to your tv. its for those who dont have ps2 or xbox. it was only 18.99 at harts unlimited. it also has games. the graphics arent as great as the other 2 but you get a serious leg work out. this is just for starters for me. ill upgrade to the one of the others another time.
destinedtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 07:44 PM   #97  

Default i got my ps2

michelle!!! wally world got the ps2's in and i got one!!!!!!!! i'm so excited!!! now i have to get the game because this wally world didn't have any. i'll stop on my way to work to the other one tomorrow. i know they have the ddr extreme in stock. my friend's son is coming up tonite to hook it up for me.

destinedtolose- i had thought about doing that too for a starter but then decided not to spend the $ because i was going to get the ps2. how do you like doing ddr???

sue- i want to do this as a form of exercise for weight loss too. is it working for you?? i read about lots of people losing by doing this. plus it sounds like great fun.

have a good week everyone!
kathy
Old 01-30-2005, 07:53 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

WOOOOHHHOOOOOOO!!! Kathy I'm so excited for you I can't wait til you get the game now!!
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 04:43 PM   #99  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Everyone…

Corningcat - Its really addictive, and fun! I haven’t done much as far as regular exercise such as my walking away the pounds (watp) videos or my lifting weights to lose weight video, but I have been doing the DDR. As mentioned before, it’s fun, and my step daughter has fun too being that she’s an only child, she now has someone to play with heheheheh… I am going to make it a habit to do this with her and also put in my WATP and Weight lifting videos as well… specially the lifting weights… I wanna tighten and firm whatever skin flab I have hehehe… Have you gotten yours yet? To be honest, if the kid didn’t already have the DDR, I don’t think I would have gotten it just to do it because there are more cost effective ways like my videos, to get exercise in. I’m one of those “poor starving college students” hehehe… although I don’t look like I’m starving Let us know what you get that game and how you like it. It’s a bit confusing at first and looks over whelming, but try to find a slow song and see if you can get the hang of it, and then find a faster song when you feel ready for a challege. I have DDR2 Max and I can set beginner, light or standard mode and can go up in difficulty… however I stay with beginning and light mode because some of those jumps where you have to hit two beats at once are a bit hard for me at my weight (359lbs) DDR extreme, my step daughter borrowed from a friend. She does all the setting up on there so I don’t think I remember seeing if you can set levels. I would think you could… but who knows… Take care and keep us posted

: Positive Thoughts Everyone!

Sue…
Old 02-01-2005, 12:10 AM   #100  

Default hi

hi! i got the ddr extreme today. i probably won't get to it till at least wed. or thurs.. tomorrow i go for a stress test and i will be pooped from that. it's on a treadmill, so i will definitely get the exercise in. plus i can't eat for 6hrs before.

sue - i do the watp tapes, along with core secrets (stability ball) for toning.
now i will be dancing too. :applause:

have a good tuesday!
kathy
Old 02-02-2005, 02:36 PM   #101  
Oooo Silly Me!

Kathy - I'm curious, what is a stress test and what is it for?

Curiously yours,
Sue...
Old 02-02-2005, 08:53 PM   #102  

Default hi

hi sue! i've been having some chest discomfort and because of my weight, sudden increase in blood pressure, and stress level, i had to take this test to see if my heart was ok. you have to get on a treadmill and get your heart pumping at a certain level and then jump on a table and they do an ultrasound of your heart within a minutes time so see if the heart is getting enough oxygen. i passed with flying colors, thank god. i think the chest discomfort was from a new medicine i was given. i had headaches too and when they took me off it, the pain subsided. but just to be safe i had this test done. i've been having some dizziness too. now they think i have an inner ear infection, so needless to say i probably won't try my ddr till this weekend. i don't want to get dizzy and fall down. i can't wait to try it though. i really need to get my butt movin' and losin"!

have a good thursday everyone!
kathy
Old 02-03-2005, 03:28 PM   #103  
Oooo Silly Me!

Corningkat - Hello there... ahh okie I understand. Glad to see that you passed with flying colors. Let me know how you like the DDR. I have DDR extreme (My step daughter borrowed from her friend) I think I like the DDR2 Max that we got. The work out mode is more... hmm what's a good word... well it's just better. At least from what I have seen. The DDR Extreme, seems like you can turn on work out mode but you have to go through levels and each level has 3 stages then you start over. In the DDR 2 Max that I have, I can just go into the work out mode and turn it on and set how many calories I would like to burn (although from what I have read is not to reliable) either way... I can set an amount and start the work out and just do it all at one continuous portion. Rather than do 3 stages at a time and start over. This way I pick a song, do the dance, pick another song and keep going... Unless I am mistaken. I didn't get a chance to look over DDR extreme very well. I may have missed a set up option.

Anyone with DDR Extreme know what I'm talking about?

Thanks...
Sue...
Old 02-03-2005, 05:34 PM   #104  

Hi,
Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. Wondering if anyone is using DDR with PS1. I've heard there are some mixes (the music I guess) that will work with it and others just with PS2. If anyone is using a PS1 would you please tell me what software and what mat you are using?

Many thanks!
Heidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2005, 10:16 PM   #105  
WW Moderator

Kathy, I've had chest pains when stressed also. Terrible feeling! I've had two stress tests, and they both went great. I've had to learn some really deep relaxation techniques to help battle it. Good luck!

Heidi, the regular Dance Dance Revolution works on PS1 (the one without any version name on it) and I think also the Konamix works on PS1.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote