Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2001, 06:44 PM   #1  
On my way!!

Wink

Hi everybody!

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!

We went to take our dogs out to the gamelands to run today and had a great time. Great way to get exercise in and not even know it!

I go for my program update tommorrow morning with my trainer. Wish me luck!

Deb: Congrats on your loss! You are doing great!

Girlie: Hang in there sweetie! You are doing everything you should be doing and you have a great attitude! I am proud of you!

Emmy: Keep up the good work!

Back soon! You all are the greatest!!

Womaninlove
Old 04-29-2001, 08:16 PM   #2  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Yay!

Thread number five!!! Great for all of you!!!

I'm sorry I feel like I've been slacking on the board! Two more weeks of classes left and I'll feel better.

Oh, actually, I have a 3-week crunch course starting May 21 so that's not good, but after that, summer vacation, here I come!!!!!! Whoo hooo!

Gotta get back to my projects now!

Girlie
Old 04-30-2001, 11:10 AM   #3  

Default hi

hi everybody!! I managed to do a two mile walk today even though I feel like crap!!

Just took some benadryl so I think I will lay down for a bit!

Everyone keep up the great work!! Take care
Old 04-30-2001, 07:57 PM   #4  
Bacon Girlie

Default Emmy...

I totally know what you mean! When I was sick, I hardly felt like doing ANYthing...but that walk HAD to do something to help! That's great that you got the motivation to do it!

Hey all!!! Must be another busy Monday! Was for me too, or shall I say, still is!!

Talk to you soon! Keep up the good work you all are doing!!!

Girlie
Old 04-30-2001, 10:12 PM   #5  

Hey!!

Well, I was at the dentist this morning & 2hrs later & 10 shots later, I am feeling better. I had to make myself some mashed potatoes for dinner because I couldn't chew. Not fun! I did do my 3 Mile Power walk tape. I tell you I must be ill after what I went through today to go & do my tape.. I feel good

I hope everyone has a good night. I'll be on more tomorrow...

Have a good night
Old 05-01-2001, 10:05 AM   #6  
On my way!!

Default Down but not out!

Hi everybody!

Sounds like everyone has hit a rough patch in one way or another, but no one is even thinking about giving up! Everyone is working so hard to make sure they stay on track!! Congrats all around!!!

I went to the gym yesterday morning and got my new "expanded" program started. He added some new machines for me. I feel like I've really made progress! I am definately seeing and feeling a difference...

Well, I'm off to work
Have a great day everyone!

womaninlove
Old 05-01-2001, 11:54 AM   #7  

Default Hi All!

Hello everybody! We are one determined, motivated bunch of ladies aren't we? Ain't no slowing us down!!
I did my 3 mile tape today. Coughed and blew my nose through the whole thing but I am determined to not let anything get me off track. I actually felt better when I finished it.

I do hope everyone is having a great day!! We will succeed!! Take care
Old 05-01-2001, 06:06 PM   #8  

Emmy-- You go girl!! Sick & all & you still managed to do the 3 mile tape. You are awesome!!

Womaninlove-- you are doing great! It's great when all your hard work finally pays off. Keep up the great work.

Today I am doing good points wise. I have only used 19.5pts and for dinner I just had a large salad w/fat free salad dressing. It was good!! I already have 4.80 miles. I cleaned the entire house so that helped me rack up the miles. I plan on doing my tape tonight as well. I really enjoy exercising now

Hope everyone is having a great day!

TTYL
Old 05-01-2001, 08:25 PM   #9  
Bacon Girlie

Default I'm stuffed!

Oh, my word! I hate this bloated feeling! I had rice and beans for dinner, and I feel so full! Sheesh!

Emmy: Yay! Good for you for the exercising! It will be great when you're feeling better! I'm sure your body is thanking you!

Womaninlove: That's really neat that you're on a dynamic program. And I'm sure meeting with the trainer is great accountability too! Good for you! You've been doing really well - I'm proud of you! AND, you're right when you say that we may be down, but not out!

Debbie: Ouch! What in the world did you have done! I'm not a big fan of dentists at all! Speaking of which...I need to get my teeth cleaned again.....

Anne, are you still around? Who else is out there? I hope you're doing well! I've been thinking about sending PM's to the folks we haven't heard from in a while...what do you think? Like maybe, a "we miss you" message? Debbie, is Denise still around? Sometimes all it takes is a kind word of encouragement! When I 'left' the board, I still lurked around for a while, but didn't post.

I have some good news...did I tell you?

Thursday morning at 7am I will be at a Weight Watchers meeting! Yep...I'm starting...good thing I'm familiar with the program...I have a friend at work who will join (again) with me, and we'll be accountability buddies! How neat, huh?

Anyway, talk to you all again soon! Great job, you are all truly Cardio Queens!

Girlie
Old 05-01-2001, 08:45 PM   #10  

Hey Girlie...I am sooooo happy that you are joining WW again. Good for you!! That's great that a friend is joining with you. Denise is still around. I talk to her several times a day. She is good. She said she is going to try to get over here again as soon as she gets a chance.

Well, let me run. I want to try to do my tape before it gets too late...

TTYL...
Old 05-01-2001, 09:05 PM   #11  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default Down in the Dumps :(

I'm here! I finally got back to the gym last night. No cardio yet due to the pain in my chest. I did some leg exercises, curls and some free weight exercises for the back of my arms.

I weighed in tonight with a 1.2 gain this week. I gained .4 last week. I do not like this going in reverse bit. I keep trying to tell myself its because of lack of exercise and medication I am finally getting off of. Yucky stuff. Wish me luck this up coming week. I hope to get back to some cardio later this week.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Sorry for this to be such a down post. But I'm hanging in there. I think the farther I get away from tonights weigh in the more optimistic I will feel. Thank you everyone for the inspiration to keep moving. I WILL NOT GIVE UP. NEVER EVER!! That is my new motto.
Old 05-02-2001, 06:12 PM   #12  
Bacon Girlie

Default Today is a new day!

Deb, well tell Denise I said hello!!! Everything sounds really well with both of you!

Anne, what's better than to post your 'down' posts here! We're here to encourage you from the bottom of our hearts, and we will! I think you're doing great. We all will have those 'sick' days and down days...but you sound so determined...see, you can't fool me! You're not down! I know you're going to reach your goals if you stick with it. And I know you'll stick with it!I mean, really! It's hard sometimes to post your 'bad' days, but we all have them and the main thing is that you still haven't given up or talked down about yourself. You're awesome, Anne!

Hope all of you are well. I'm nervous about my first WW meeting tomorrow. To prepare, I've been eating with points all day..so far, I've only got 16 and it's 5pm. I'm saving room for the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches I have at home in the freezer! 3pts apiece for the choc/peanut butter, 2pts for the vanilla...have any of you tried these? They are great. My breakfast today was two of them, 6 points! Ha!

Talk to you all soon! Stay Gold!!! (did any of you see that movie, The Outsiders? Ha...inside joke, but I like that line!)

Girlie
Old 05-02-2001, 07:59 PM   #13  
On my way!!

Hi guys!

I went to the gym this morning and kicked elliptical butt! I'm feeling great! Some co-workers told me they are seeing a difference in my shape...that was nice to hear!

Anne: Hang in there, hon! Girlie's right, we ALL have our bad days...don't hesitate to post whatever kind of day you're having. We are here to support each other to keep going and to get back up on the exercise wagon! You are not yet yourself and need to take it easy, This setback is obviously only temporary! Be patient with your body, it needs R & R as much as it needs exercise.

Girlie: Thanks for the encouagement! Skinny Cow products sounds great! Chocolate/PB!!!! Yum!!! Where do you find them?? You sound great! Congrats on starting WW again! You'll love it! Let me know if there are any huge changes from the old program I still follow (besides the new fiber thing which I refuse to follow! HAHA!) Keep up the good work, fellow cardio queen!

Deb: Please tell Denise I said hello too! We miss her! You are rocking on your points and walking!! Way to go!!!

Everyone else (nakkeddaze, emmy, etc) hope you are doing well...we're thinking of you and cheering you on!

womaninlove
Old 05-03-2001, 11:06 AM   #14  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default I'm Back!

We made it to the gym last night. Much better work out. However I feel like I'm starting all over. Not such much with leg work but with my arms. I couldn't do nearly as well as before I got sick. Oh well. Still can't do stomach exercises. or FreeRunner. I am going to try the FreeRunner tonight and do as much as I can. I feel so much better being back in the gym. Isn't this strange? If you would of asked me this before Christmas I would of laughed. Now when I try to talk myself out of going to the gym its like I have a Devil on one shoulder and an Angel on the other. And the Angel is stronger! She must be working out too!

Well I guess I better get back to work. See ya!
Old 05-03-2001, 11:40 AM   #15  

Good Morning!!

Anne-- Good for you on getting back to the gym. You will work yourself back to where you were before you got sick. I know exactly what you mean about having an angel on one shoulder & the devil on the other. I think my Angel knocked the other off because I try to exercise every single day now. That is definitely a first for me You are doing great!!!

Well, I weighed in today & lost 1 lb...WOOHOOO! I was so happy. I really did good this week points wise & exercise wise. My arms feel more toned. That 3 mile tape with the weights is great!! Tonight I plan on doing the 2 mile tape because I have been trying to alternate the 2. I'll have to do it early though because I have to see Survivor tonight

Hope everyone is having a great day....

See ya!
Closed Thread