Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2001, 02:46 PM   #16  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default Debby

Way to go with lose.
Old 05-03-2001, 06:27 PM   #17  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Yay!

We all seem so on track today! That's great!

Anne, you're starting to sound like yourself now!!! Good for you!

Debbie, you are really doing a good job. I thought of you today in our WW meeting because they were talking about their pedometers!

Womaninlove, Skinny Cows are absolutely awesome..and it's NOT frozen yogurt, it's real, live ice cream! On their site, www.skinnycow.com they have
the states where they are sold and the grocery stores. I found mine in a store that wasnt' listed on the site, Cub Foods. They are rather large, and full of ice cream with two chocolate wafers on the outside. They come in this plastic carton in 6's. They are highly addictive at 2pts for a vanilla flavored one! Somehow, they got 2g of fiber in those wafers!

Also, one thing that's new about the WW program is that you have to count carrots! I decided not to, but I will follow that stinkin 4g fiber rule. The new pt finders only go up to 4g fiber! I know, it's SO unfair!

I suggest all of you to treat yourself and try them!

Talk to you all soon! I'm really excited about my first official WW day!
Old 05-04-2001, 01:13 AM   #18  

Hey all,
I haven't posted in a while but here I am! Skinny Cows have heard alot about them...Have to go and get them. We have a Cub Foods here too...will check. I heard Eagles has them too. I have to have my sweet cravings at least once in a while.

Well I have been doing good with my exercises. Went to step aerobics once this week and will go tomorrow(Friday). Had to miss Monday because daughter had a program at school. I did tae bo instead three times this week. I think it is helping. I got on the scales Tuesday and had lost 3 pounds! Yeah me! But today was not good. I ate badly and didn't exercise. Just too tired and had alot of housework to do. Get back on track tomorrow though.

Girlie- Hope the weight watchers meeting went ok. I am sure it did. I will be cheering you on.

Anne- I am glad to hear you are doing better with your exercises. Soon your health will be back to normal and u will be in full swing. One step at a time.

Deb- glad to hear you lost a pound. Good job! Keep it up. I know that walking is helping a lot!

To all the others I missed...keep exercising and losing you all can do it! Post again soon!
Diana
Old 05-04-2001, 01:31 PM   #19  

Default Hello everyone!

Hello everyone! It seems everyone is doing well. That is great. I am still battling this cold and some tummy ache but I am feeling somewhat better. Mom keeps telling me I need to go to the doctor which may or may not happen. Anyway I have been exercising as much as possible. I did 3 miles yesterday and 2 today.

The weather here is beautiful. I think I may go sit in the sun awhile today and relax.

I hope everyone has a terrific weekend. Take care
Old 05-05-2001, 10:54 AM   #20  

Good Morning

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. I am doing good. Yesterday I took a break from exercise. I had done my tapes 4 days straight & just needed a day of rest. Today I will do my 3mile walk tape. I ordered a pair of 2 lb knuckle irons. They are something similar to a glove. You wrap them around your hand & they velcro at the wrist & top of the hand. I got them through www.fogdog.com if anyone is interested. You can do a search by putting in Knuckle irons. Girlie, I am addicted to the Skinny cow ice cream sandwiches. I found them finally at Super Walmart. They are good!!! I make sure I only have 1 a day but those 2pts are well worth it

Hope everyone has a good day...I'll check back in later.....

See ya!
Old 05-05-2001, 11:50 AM   #21  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hello!

Hey, guys! Feliz El Cinco de Mayo!

Diana: It's great to have you back! Yay for you! THREE pounds! That's really exciting! You definitely should reward yourself with a Skinny Cow! I see no problem with rewarding yourself with sweets (even every day) as long as it "fits" in your plan.

Emmy: I'm glad you're feeling better. I know the exercise is helping you! I think if your illness lasts longer than a week, maybe you should see the good old Doc...I know, we all hate that kind of stuff...

Debbie: Mmm Skinny Cows! I love them! I tried the strawberry ones and I found out they are only two points also...but the peanut butter ones are well worth the additional point. That's the great thing about Weight Watchers..you can eat WHATEVER you want...it just has to fit in your point range for the day...You could eat the whole package for 12pts...hey...you could count them for your milk products too...hee hee.....oh, and your numbers are looking great! You've lost a great amount of weight!

*APPLAUSE* to all of you!!!!!

I'm doing okay. It was hard to resist temptation at the movie theatre last night...I am a sucker for movie theatre popcorn...I did have a handful of my friends, but I brought a whole bag of Pirate's Booty with me. The whole big bag is 8pts, so I munched on that instead of popcorn and candy!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend! I will be typing a paper and studying!!

Girlie

Last edited by Girlie; 05-06-2001 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-05-2001, 04:18 PM   #22  

Girlie I could probably sit there & eat the skinny cows too but then I might not be that skinny afterwards... I just finished buying 2 more packs. This way DH can have all the chocolate (I didn't like those as much) and I can have all the vanilla (he doesn't like vanilla). It's a win-win situation for the 2 of us Good for you for going prepared to the movies. There is nothing better than movie theater popcorn..YUM! How did your first WW meeting go??? You are going to do great!!! Thanks for the kind words regarding my weight loss. I look at the numbers & I am so amazed at how far I have come. I don't even feel deprived at all. This is the first time in my life I can honestly say that.. This is a good thing

Emmy-- hope you feel better soon. I agree with Girlie. If after a week you still aren't better then maybe you should see a doctor. You may need some antibiotics. Feel better....

Diana-- WooHooo!! 3 lbs down. That is great!!! Keep up the great work

womaninlove, Anne & anyone I might have missed (sorry) post when you can. Hope you are doing good.....

Talk to you all later....have a good one!
Old 05-06-2001, 09:08 AM   #23  
On my way!!

Default Hooray!

Hi ladies!

Guess what! I lost another lb!!!!! I've broken the 180's!!!!!!!!!!! I am officially 179!!!!!! WOOOHOOO! I've been waiting to break that plateau for a while now! Feels good!

I went to the gym yesterday but only did my arm routine because the cd player wouldn't work. I was so mad! But, today we are going to go take our puppies out to run, so we'll make up for it for sure!

Sounds like everyone is doing just fabulously! Congrats! Got to find me some Skinny Cow!!!!

Deb: You go girl! You are on a roll!!!! I'm so happy for you!

Girlie: How's your workload these days? Is it lightening up? Good job at the movie theater...I KNOW I couldn't resist movie popcorn!!

Diana: welcome back! Congrats on your loss!

Emmy: hope you are still on the road to recovery!!!

Everyone else: have a great Sunday and keep movin'!

womaninlove!
Old 05-06-2001, 02:01 PM   #24  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hey!

Hey, ladies! It's such nice weather out!!

womaninlove: oh my, you have been doing SO incredibly well! I'm SO proud of you! I must admit, I haven't worked out since Wednesday! I'll be back on the ball. At least I'm counting my points and that definitely helps!

I'm swamped. The next two days are going to the the tuffest, then I'll be okay for a while. And I don't see myself exercising before then! maybe I'll take a little walk tonite or something...

I'll be infront of this computer all day!

Talk to you soon!

Girlie
Old 05-06-2001, 05:06 PM   #25  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Default Hi from Indiana!

Hi everyone,
I am now in Indiana for the summer....I have been reading your posts and decided to join you too! You may remember me, I was posting on the Air Walker, Gliders site.....I was spending the winter in Florida but we have come home for summer now....It is very nice here and a little cooler which makes it easier to walk outside without all that humidity The weekend has just been beautiful here. Have been working real hard this weekend to get some of the outside work caught up....I just took time out to take a 5 1/2 mile walk....It was great! I was sooooo glad to learn about the SKINNY COWS! I was able to find them yesterday at my supermarket.....Hope I don't like them too much I was getting an ice cream cup called BIG DADDY in Florida...just wonderful...2 points for 12 oz. Comes in Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookies & Cream...Of course, Cookies & Cream is 3 points but worth it! I don't know if they are available any place other than Florida because they are made in Miami....but you might keep an eye out for them...they come in a brown & yellow tall carton....Keep up the good work everyone..
Old 05-06-2001, 10:37 PM   #26  
Bacon Girlie

Default Judy!

Welcome! Yes, I do remember you! I'm glad you decided to post with us!

So you're an ice cream fiend too!Good thing for these types of treats, huh?

Unfortunately, my little freezer is too small and not cold enough to handle ice cream...I looked in this morning at the Skinny Cows that I had..they were mostly melted! Maybe it's a good thing though!

Anyway, welcome..just right in...you know the deal..we're all glad to have you back!

Girlie
Old 05-07-2001, 02:27 PM   #27  

Default Hi Everyone!

Hi everybody!! It sounds like things are going good for everyone. My cold is better. I have kept up with the exercise but I slipped on the eating last night but today is a new day and I must press on and see how it goes. I am down 15 pounds since march 26 so all in all I am doing well. Still thinking of going to a doctor for the ache in my tummy. I have gone to one before who said it was probably just scar tissue from having my gall bladder out but I have my doubts since no tests were ever ran. I just hate going to doctors. The good thing is my tummy feels better today than yesterday.

I can't find those skinny cows anywhere but I sure have heard lots about them. I hear they are really yummy!!

Well I better quit rambling and get stuff done before the kids get home. Take care everyone.
Old 05-08-2001, 03:33 PM   #28  

Hi There!!!

I'm still here. Still going strong I have been trying to do my tapes everyday. This is what I have done so far this week:

Thursday- 2 mile walk tape-- total 4.18 miles for the day-- 13,256 steps
Friday- no tape-- total 4.27 miles-- 13,541 steps
Saturday-- no tape-- total 5.20 miles-- 16,499 steps
Sunday-- 3 mile walk tape-- total 7.78 miles-- 24,677 steps
Monday-- 2 mile walk tape-- total 5.65 miles-- 17,907 steps

Today I plan on doing the 3 mile walk tape. I got my 2 lb hand weights & I am looking forward to trying them. I just ordered another Leslie Sansone tape. I ordered the Weight Loss Walk tape which is a 4mile walk from start to finish. I am working hard at keeping up with my exercise and I feel really good about the progress I've made You are a great group of motivating women. You all have helped keep me on track because I will be honest...I hated to exercise with such a passion. Now I enjoy it

I hope everyone is doing good.... Judy glad to hear you got home ok & welcome

Take care
Old 05-08-2001, 04:19 PM   #29  
Bacon Girlie

Default Hello!

Emmy, you have done a great job since we've started! See, what do you ever have to feel down about? Congratulations!

Deb, I feel bad because I haven't exercised in almost a week! But, I'm back at it tonite and in the morning and tomorrow night....weigh in is on Thursday morning..I know, I shouldn't do that...but I really want this to be a good first weigh-in. I'd like to drop at least two pounds.

I made my final presentation today in class and my teacher thougth I did a great job! I'm really happy because I felt so bad! I couldn't find my newer bigger skirt, so I wore my old black skirt that's a little tight around the booty. I'm sure it wasn't too bad, but I just knew it didn't fit well and felt really self-conscious. Otherwise, I looked and felt good.

No more class for the rest of the week, so I have no excuses not to exercise every day!

And, I want that black skirt to be fitting much better......back to the way it did a couple of years ago.

I haven't noticed much weight loss..I'm much more comfortable in my clothes though...my size 16's were getting very uncomfy, and I even got a couple pairs of 18's. I wore the 18's yesterday and they are so baggy but quite comfortable when I feel in a grungy, tomboyish mode.

The one thing that I do really notice are my fingernails. They are getting so long and are strong and healthy. I'd been having problems with them being thin and flimsy and ripping...I'm even having a hard time typing at work!

That's a good thing, huh?

Anyway, talk to you all soon...I'm ready to get in there and have major success, just like all of you!

Girlie
Old 05-08-2001, 04:21 PM   #30  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Default Weigh In Day!

Weigh in has changed to Tuesdays since I am home now for summer.....-.4 today....I am glad...wanted more, but you all know how that goes : Good for you Debbie! You are really on the ball....I am sitting here trying to get motivated to walk...I have been working outside since the weather is so nice today planting my flowers...now I am tired, but I think with a short rest, maybe I can get up enough energy to go for that walk...want that winning outcome! Later all
Closed Thread