Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 10-12-2004, 09:50 PM   #61  
aint misbehaving

S/C/G: 194/ 189 / 145

Height: 5'6

Hi Ladies,
Sunny D thanks for the input on Curves. I did check out the other thread you started on Curves. I think I will give it a try since they are offering a week free. I do not have anyone close by that can join with me right now, however my Mom is moving back here to Texas from North Carolina, I hope she will join. I always do better when I have the support of a friend. By the way I love your decorations! In reading some of these post I can tell your a wonderful support for many of the 3FC visitors...
You all have given me the motivation to get myself MOVING. I am so tired of being tired and have been around long enought to know "getting moving" gives you energy...
It's not so much about looking great as it is about feeling great. I have to take care of myself so I can care for my ill husband and 12 yr. old son. So Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement to each other, sharing your knowledge of whats working for you and what's not and all the fun stuff you throw in. I think I'm going to like it here....
aint misbehaving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 05:07 AM   #62  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Our tree here in NE, Ohio

Good Autumn Morning Gals!!
Buuuurrrrrrrrrr... chilly day here in Ohio! I woke up to 34* this morning!

*~*~*

Brenda ~ I am so glad to hear that you are going to give it a try at Curves. I think that you will enjoy it allot! I do hope to go back next Summer myself. It sounds like you have a good plan with your mother, I hope it all pans out for you. Baby-steps, Brenda... baby steps... you can do it. Anything you can do is better then nothing at all, right I do my best to be very supportive I know how much it means to me too I am glad to hear that you visited the Curves thread and enjoy my pictures and graphics. Those are fun to do! Thanks again & luck in your endeavors!! Do come back!!!!

Sarah ~ You are very welcome sweets! I am still planning on keeping up my walking, for sure, and hope to begin some of the WATP DVD's I have soon. So you aren't gonna get rid of me that fast I have been feeling pretty darn good these days... thank you so much for your concerns. I have had this health issue for many years, but it is just getting worse as I age. It's a must for me to keep walking in order to stay well. It is just the vigorous exercise that makes me ill... so I will keep walking slow and long. I have lost another pound as of yesterday I'm down a whole 25 pounds now and counting! Yeah!

*~*~*

I will be back later to post my miles...
Have a Great Day Gals!!!
(((Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 08:13 AM   #63  

Talking Hey Ladies

Good Morning,

I wanted to log in my activities for yesterday. I walked 2.5 miles on the treadmill and did 50 crunches. I wanted to start using my dumbells but want to use a tape as my guide, can anyone recommend a good one to start with?
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful and BLESSED DAY.......
Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 09:38 AM   #64  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Ok, so I lied. I didn't go to aerobics last night. BUT! I did 3 miles instead. It was toooo nice outside to be cooped up inside. It was cool and bright and I had to take advantage of it before daylight savings time hits. I really enjoyed it. Later ladies
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:14 AM   #65  
A Mighty Thump

Height: 5 feet 4 inches!

Good Morning

Another 2 miles for me today, it was quite cool here in TN also this morning, 47* which made for a brisk walk. I am sore from yesterday so took it nice and easy this morning.

Yes SunnyD, it's really me lol. Thanks for the warm welcome back, I hope I stay this time! I lost a lot of motivation lately and am trying very hard to get back at it.

Talk to you all later, busy day for me today.

October miles: 6
LynneA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 10:26 AM   #66  

Smile

*~*~*

Amy ~ You are just too funny You didn't lie!!! You just changed your mind and didn't you know that is a woman's prerogative Good for you getting in those 3 miles walked outdoors and enjoying this great weather!!!

Abirdee ~ Yeahhhhhh for getting in 2.5 miles & your 50 crunches in already today! Great way to begin the day... keep up the great job!!!

Lynne ~ Sounds like you had a great walk this morning. It's cool here too, we woke up to 34*! Burrr! You are doing so well!!!

*~*~*

Better then I am I am afraid I only got in 1.5 miles this morning... I have a very busy day planned with my girlfriends daughter. We are going to see the movie *Shark Tails* today and then we'll go for a walk at the park after lunch - just to chat. She is 21... It's a pretty day today even though it began cloudy and gloomy.

OcToBeR MiLeS: 12.25

Have a great day gals!!!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-13-2004, 11:54 AM   #67  

well that gives me 10 miles for the month so far. I ended up running and walking a mile each yesterday and it felt good. I still 90 to go though so I will get something done today before heading to the gym.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 04:50 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 376/319/170

Height: 5'2

Well ladies, I am back on track,.. did a mile yesterday and a mile today,.. so if i keep going at his rate, ill meet my goal for october (20 miles) as opposed to the 12 i got for september
heather_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2004, 11:58 PM   #69  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Yay Heather!! Great job, girlfriend!!

I did 2 miles tonight.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 10:36 AM   #70  
Amy Needs New Shoes

haha Thanks Sunny. I end up changing my mind a lot throughout the day. After being cooped up in an office all day I really hate to go to the gym and be cooped up for an hour there when I could be outside! I did 1.5 miles last night. We have the most awesome park here called River Legacy. It is HUGE. There are soooo many trails you can't possibly get bored ever! So much fun Right now the plan is to do aerobics tonight but I'm not sure since I was late to work. Shhhhh haha Later!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:49 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey Hey Hey Gang!

I'm back from my trip with mom to Branson Missouri!

We had a good time but very little sleep because little ole ladies don't sleep much! have ya noticed that!

Anyway, got back late Monday night, and have been running like crazy ever since.

For some reason I have been really draggin since we got back, probably bec of so little sleep, and haven't been able to make myself get up earlier and exercise.

But I did just get back from walking 45 minutes at the mall during my lunchhour. I know I walked at least 2 miles. At home I walk our 2 mile block in 30 minutes, but I can walk faster when I'm not walking around people in the mall.

I have never eat out so much in my life as while we were gone for 7 days. Basically we would eat breakfast and then an early supper before the shows. The other gals would have coke and candy and popcorn at the show, but I just stuck to my meals. I felt like I ate more then usual and certainly didn't eat as healthy, but I drank a lot of water (the whole case I brought with me) besides water at my meals, and I must have done alright bec my scale said 197 when I got back, which is what it said the day I left! whooohoooooo I'm happy about that! no weight gain on the trip, and still down 12 lbs!

that is really good for me!

I'm not gonna set a goal for the rest of October. I'm just gonna do what I can do.

missed ya'll,
cathy

October miles = 2
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 03:11 PM   #72  

Good day ladies,

Just checking in real quick to give you my activites for yesterday:

2.5 miles on the treadmill
60 crunches

My husband is my coach, but he's to soft all I have to do is give him my puppy eyes(when I don't feel like doing anything) and he'll say "baby you have to do anything if you don't want to". I explained to him that he's going to have to push me a little harder, but he doesn't have the heart too (Bless his heart). So really I'm pushing myself and reading about everyone else and their success, it's that much easier.

Everyone have a BLESSED DAY!
Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:04 AM   #73  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Hi all. Got in another 2 miles last night. So far that is 6.5 for the week! Woo-hoo! Go Amy, Go Amy. haha Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 10-15-2004, 11:10 AM   #74  

Smile

Our kids--->Domino (9 yrs old) * Guido (2 yrs old) & brother Zeppe (2 yrs old)

*Hello's* out there to all you Gals!!!
Joe is taking the day off today and we just brought our 3 boys into the vets for check-ups and their shots @ 9:30. Joe likes to go with me... they are his kids too Really... Guido & Zeppe are very heavy @ 15 lbs. each and I cannot go alone and they hate going one without the other - so this works best. I just carried our little Domino (only 7 lbs). Now I think we are just going grocery shopping, cuz we cannot meet our friends this Saturday as usual. Then Joe has to go to his chiro. at 4:30 today --- he pulled a muscle in his back at work the other day working on a panwasher in one of the bakeries and now he will be going there for a few treatments. He said he was feeling much better already... just after one treatment.

Don't know if I will be able to get in a walk today, sure gonna try! Most times if I don't go in the mornings I just cannot get fit in... but I'll try

You gals are just doing so well!!!
You should be so very proud of yourselves!!!

Here's to a Great Day and a Super Weekend!!!!
(((Hugs)))
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 10-15-2004, 12:03 PM   #75  

well yesterday I ran a little over a mile and walked 2 so that brings me up to 13 and today I plan on running 2 and walking 3 so I can finally get back on track since I am falling way behind schedule. well I am off for my run.
gabwill is offline   Reply With Quote