Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2001, 01:06 PM   #1  

Talking

Hi, I have a baby and work fulltime. The only time I can get some exercise is at night. I was wondering if time of day made any difference. I really want to get rid of the weight but I cannot do it without exercising.

My daughter wakes me up at 5 a.m. so Early morning is not an option.

Appreciate any input.

Sandy
Old 04-25-2001, 01:40 PM   #2  
REC

It's fine to work out at night. You may find that it gives you more energy and, therefore, will have a harder time falling asleep because you'll be revved up. Or, you may find that you are so tired, it just helps you fall asleep.
Old 04-25-2001, 05:31 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

Default What time to work out???

Well...most authorities would tell you that the morning is the best time - and it is for me as well...

When I first started getting into exercise, I would usually work out after work - especially since I was into Jazzercise. Most aerobic/cardio classes are traditionally scheduled in the late afternoon and/or evening hours, at least in my part of the world!

Like I said, I get up super early (usually between 3:30 and 4 a.m.) to work out, but on the other hand, hubby HATES exercising in the morning - he'd rather snooze when I'm gone and he has the whole bed to himself! But - after work, I'm usually wiped out - but he really enjoys getting on his bike for an hour or so and riding in the hills.

What am I trying to say here?? --- Morning, afternoon, evening - whatever works for you - as long as you "just do it" is fine - at least IMHO.

Take care!
Old 04-27-2001, 10:19 AM   #4  
Vegetarian

You should work out what ever time of the day you know you will do it.
BUT, honestly... If you are looking for fat-loss, than first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, and waiting an hour after before eating is the way to go. When you do it in the morning on an empty stomach, you have just fasted for the last 8-10 hours or so. Your body then uses energy from fat cells for your workout, instead of calories from your food. Not only that, working out in the AM boosts your metabolism for the whole rest of the day, and you end up burning more calories during the day from foods you eat.
BUT (I know, another but )... Doing it in the evening will burn WAY more calories than skipping it and not doing it at all. To tell you the truth, if I had to get up at 3 or 4 am to do it, then I would exercise in the evening too. The biggest thing is to plan, PLAN, plan!!! Planning is key to success.
Christy
Closed Thread