3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Exercise! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise-34/)
-   -   Walk Away the Pounds Express (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/exercise/46155-walk-away-pounds-express.html)

RainCloud88 09-03-2004 07:24 PM

Walk Away the Pounds Express

I was reading about some people who use Walk Away the Pounds videos, and I went to the product website, and it showed all the different videos to chose from. The newest DVD set is called "Walk Away the Pounds Express". It comes with a one mile walk DVD, a two mile walk DVD, a three mile walk DVD, a "stretchie" to tone your upper body, a walking guide, menu cards, and an energy formula. The price of this is about $39.95 on most websites, but I was wondering if you guys know of any stores that have it? I don't really like ordering over the internet. And if anyone has any reviews of this product, then I'd appreciate it! :cool:

reginag 09-03-2004 08:26 PM

I think that I saw some of these at Borders bookstore. Can't remember how much they were, though I think that they were a little cheaper. I would suggest checking a couple out of the library. You can decide whether you like them or not and its FREE!

Hugs
Regina

reginag 09-03-2004 08:31 PM

Oh, I forgot to add -- if you are really set on purchasing them, check out QVC.com. I often see Leslie on there selling the tapes/dvd's. They have a very safe site and a terrific return policy.

kahnfv 09-04-2004 01:03 AM

I found WATP Deluxe Edition at Target for $19.99. It comes with 2 DVDs. The first dvd has "Get Up and Get Started 1 mile walk" and "High Calorie Burn 2 mile walk". The second dvd is "Super Fat Burning 3 mile walk". They use a set of Walk Away Weights (balls) but you can use 2 lb. dumbells. I use my wrist weights.

My sister and I went to Half-Price Books and found them on vhs. I think she purchased the 2 mile walk for under $5.00. Some where used but the one she found was still in the shrink wrap.

I've also seen the vhs videos at Ross and TJ Maxx.

My sister and I love them. You can go to collagevideo.com to view video clips and see if you like them.

Jennifer 3FC 09-05-2004 02:45 PM

You can buy the individual tapes at Target. I bought the 4 Mile (LOVE IT) and I paid about $9.99.

lessofsarahtolove 09-06-2004 05:10 PM

Just Froogle It!

If you'd like to see a 60-second preview of the video, you might be able to do so at Collage Video. They offer about 700 fitness video previews so you can at least get an idea of what you're buying beforehand, and they give a really helpful breakdown of how the routine is set up, as they personally try every video before writing their review. There are also plenty of onsite customer reviews to read as well.

Then, I would suggest going to Froogle and typing in the product name; you'll get the prices charged by all the online sources. I know you don't want to buy it online, but at least you'll get an idea of the various prices available, so you have some basis of comparison.

I'm about to start using the WATP DVD's myself; I've ordered the Walk Away the Pounds 1-3 mile; the 4-mile Challenge, and the Power Walk 3-mile/Power Firm DVD's. My 1-3 mile DVD does not include the bands or belt or balls she's offered over the years; I ordered separately a pair of 6 lb. (3 each) Ironwear Iron Hands instead. I've heard such good things about Leslie Sansone, I finally broke down and bought the ones I'd heard most strongly recommended.

I wish you every success with your new Leslie routine -- and good luck with your purchase!

cdtobehealthy 09-07-2004 04:25 PM

Hey, I just ordered the WATP set of VHS (1mi,2mi,3mi - for abs?) from Ebay. I was lucky to find a brand new set, completely unopened - It came with the 3 videos all wrapped, a waist belt for toning arms, energy pills, meal cards. I spent 28.50 including shipping. Today was my 3rd time using the videos, and I love them. It really makes the time and work out fly by quickly! I don't really enjoy the music (kindve like elevator music, hard to compare to Richard Simmons' fun music) but I just play my own and its fine :)

Its not just walking.. its really aerobic and I really think Leslie knows what she's doing. I don't know about the differences in the types (abs, express, etc) but I think that the express makes it go by quicker so you can do it before work or similar.

Hope this helps!

almostheaven 09-07-2004 09:02 PM

I have both the Walk-Away the Pounds for Abs set and the 4 Mile Super Challenge that I got from Wal*Mart for $25 and $10 respectively. I just got back from vacation and my daughter and I went looking for the tapes for her. They didn't have them at one Wal*Mart, but the other had the one set that came with the stretchie.

Butterfly55 09-12-2004 11:56 PM

I've been doing the WATP 4 mile express DVD all this week and I love it. The moves aren't tricky and you'll really feel it in the butt and thighs plus you'll sweat your butt off. Try it you'll really enjoy it.