Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-02-2004, 09:30 PM   #1  

Question Gazelle

I am trying to find people that uses a gazelle. Do you have any success using this machine? I saw this lady on a tv program today and she said that she lost weight using this machine. I have one and I was using it everyday but I have lost my motivation. I just got off of it just now because it was like looking at me saying I know you are not going to let this $100 machine sit here and collect dust. I got on it for about 7 minutes. Not long enough to make a difference. I NEED MOTIVATION. I am at a stand still of 175 and I am getting frustrated. I use my dumbbell every other day. I want to lose more weight but I have lost my willpower. I use to weigh 187. I just started my diet 7-11-04. How do you all get motivated? Thanks for reading my post.
renaanderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:37 PM   #2  

Well, unlike some people on this board, I don't "love" exercise. I don't hate it with a passion, but it's not something I look forward to. Maybe it's because I do the same thing everyday... Anyway, I motivate myself to exercise by setting specific times of getting it done. For example, I wake up at 9. I watch tv and relax, until 10, which is when I ride my stationary bike for 20 min. Then after I'm done with that, I go on the computer and read health boards (lol) until 11, which is when I ride for another 20 min. Setting times to exercise helps me because I tell myself I HAVE to get this done now. Plus, once your done, you can chill for the rest of the day!
RainCloud88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:54 PM   #3  

That is a great ideal. Setting aside a time is something I think I can do. I always look at the machine and say I am going to get on it and before you know it, it's night time and time to go to bed. Another day wasted on not exercising. Thanks for the great ideal.
renaanderick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 02:44 PM   #4  
WW Moderator

I would suggest you find an exercise that you can make enjoyable for you. I have videos and cd's that I only play when I am on the treadmill. It makes it a little more of a treat to be on the treadmill. (I'm hugely motivated by music, so that might not do much for you). Also, I suggest you find a piece of equipment that you don't dislike. I don't like a stationary bike, for example. Mine hurt my butt and it was too loud to hear the TV without blasting the rest of the house with the volume button.

Why don't you see if you can find a used one in the local paper, and try it and see if you like it. I liked my Gazelle when I first got it, but I grew tired of it. I had the basic model that didn't have resistance settings and I didn't feel like I was getting anything out of it after a while. Also you could try Sears or a local fitness store and see if there is some equipment there that you might like.
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #5  
Om shanti

The pistons are critical for a good work-out from the Gazelle. If you do choose to go with the Gazelle, make sure you've got 'em, and use 'em. It sure does make it harder and in many ways less enjoyable, but the pistons make the work-out worthwhile IMHO.
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote