Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-07-2004, 09:36 AM   #31  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Talking

I'm so glad to see other newbies here like me! Hi everyone! Brunette Chick, I'm doing a walk for Alz. this coming weekend. Its 3.8 miles. I did it last year at another site that was 2.6 miles. My grandmother and great-grandmother both had it. Its a great feeling to walk for a good cause. I highly recommend it. I hope I'm going to be able to make it this weekend. I had a massage Friday to try to work out the pain in my back and left leg. Its better but still very stiff. I can feel the pull in my back when I lift my lower leg. But its 10 times better than it was last week. I'm going to try to do a short walk tonight. I've been thinking about my goal. Since I've been injured it will probably be less than I really would like to be doing but here goes:

1 mile, 3 days a week = 12 miles the month of September.

I might revise it if my hip really gets better and I get used to walking again. I'm also trying to lose weight so I'm with you gals on that front too. I'd really like to lose AT LEAST 40 but 50-60 would be ideal. Take care ladies. I'm so glad I found you all!!!!
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:30 AM   #32  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Fall-ish Morning Gals (our trees are changin' already!)
do I have some catching up to do How awesome it is to see so many gals join in on the thread! And you ~ALL~ are doing such a great job in your exercise - it sure gave me incentive to get out this morning! ! I went to Curves (35 min) and walked 1 mile and did 30 min. of stretching... it sure did feel good after being so ill for two weeks to get back into my exercise --- I really missed it! And I am feeling really well again - what a nice feeling.

Joe & I didn't go anywhere on Saturday as we hoped to - we had allot to do here at home, but we went to church on Sunday early and then went to Kelly's Island near Sandusky, Oh. for the day with Joe's family... what a beautiful day!!!! The weather was warm with a cool breeze, sunny with a few white clouds - just a wonderful day! We got home ready for a shower and bed at 11pm. Then on Labor Day we went to the fair in Burton. Oh... another beautiful day! We got there at 11am and left at 5pm and that's where I walked and walked - my pedometer read 4.5miles I was a happy camper... and we had a wonderful weekend!

How about you gals? How were your weekends?

*~*~*

Cathy ~ Your grandparents were married 68 years! How awesome is that!!!!! That is so wonderful to hear... they were truly blessed as a couple! I only hope for those years with my Joe. Yes, they are running on streets of gold without a doubt.

I am sooooo happy for you in getting your VCR/DVD player fixed It looks like you are back on track again and then some I am sooo glad to hear that you will never leave 15 years of walking --- you go girl! {{{Hugs back a @ ya}}}

Did you have a nice Labor Day weekend?

Kerry ~ Good for you getting in your walk and your Curves. I have a new DVD of Walk-Away-the pounds but haven't used it yet... waiting for when the weather gets too crummy to go out to use it. It sure does sound like a good workout.

Yes, I know... the Curves thread just seemed to die off for the moment, I think it is because so many are doing other workouts like you and I along with Curves. Doing Curves alone is just not enough... you know what I mean But it's there if anyone needs any information It is just to much for me to keep up along with this thread and two others I like to post in. I have allowed myself a limited amount of time on the computer - otherwise - I am on it for way tooo long for my health. Oh and Kerry, I am known for not being on the threads over the weekends, because I spent that time with my hubby when he's home --- I just wanted to let you in on why I didn't show up this weekend If Joe is gone for a couple hours or busy in the yard I will sneak on, but otherwise I don't see him that much during the week, so the weekends are when we catch up with one another to stay close.

Thanks so much for the well-wishes I am feeling soooooo much better now.

*Welcome* Clarrie!! ~ You have some very reachable goals! So are you looking forward to beginning tomorrow??

*Welcome* KJ!! ~ What a Beautiful Couple you make!!!! I just loved your picture in your profile!! I will keep your hubby in my prayers for a safe return in January... what an awesome new year that will be for you and your son to have him home again You will lose that 20 #'s --- you can do it! Such a good reason and great goal.

*Welcome* Synn!! ~ There is always plenty of room! ! Walking is the best to start off with and there's no stress here! We just try to meet *our own* set goals only in competition with ourselves, but coming here for continued encouragement to meet our set goals each day. It really does make a difference for me to come here and being held accountable for what I say I will do. I wish you well on the beginnings of your new life Come back soon and let us know how you are doing, okay.

*Welcome* Deb!! ~ I see you work for a vet office, cool! I always wanted to become a vet - just love animals - do you enjoy your job? Dog shows are very stressful and there's allot of waiting so I could see how it would be hard not to snack. Maybe if you bring more fruit as a snack it would help you there. I have a friend that shows dogs and she has told me of the time you wait, she too is having a difficult time keeping her weight off, but has lost allot this last 7 months using fresh fruit and veggies for snack instead. It takes time for her to prepare it, but she said it's worth it now that she has such good results. I wish you well too --- you can do it!

*Welcome* Sarah!! ~ I think your have very reasonable goals... all you can do is try it and see. If you need to change them for the next month then do so. Like I said... ... this is not a challenge thread - it's just an encouraging one Just you getting up and doing something is a great start!!! You are well on your way... please DO come back and keep us up on your progress We all would love to know how you are doing.

Hi Amy ~ I bet you are getting so excited about the walk this coming weekend. I have never walked for a cause, it really sounds very rewarding. My grandmother had bread cancer - maybe I should look into a walk for that cause to walk in? You have given me food for thought that for sure...

*~*~*

Well, it's been allot of fun meeting all you new gals and visiting with the regulars, but I really must be going... I have two other threads to catch up with today and I have tons of things to do at home after being gone the weekend...

*Keep Positive* gals and know that others Do Care!!!
*God Bless*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:35 AM   #33  

Talking I forgot to post what I have done!

SePtEmBeR MiLeS: 7.75

SePtEmBeR CuRvEs: 1 Time
Old 09-07-2004, 11:59 AM   #34  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Omigoodness, it's great to have so many newcomers join in! Welcome to you all! I wish you the very best in your weight-loss journey, and I look forward to hearing more from you girls.

It sounds like everyone had a productive weekend... good goin' ladies! Keep up the excellent work!

I had an awesome weekend... I don't remember the last time I had that much fun! We left here Friday a.m. (5:00 -- ack!) and got into Vancouver shortly after noon. Our first stop of the day was Stanley Park where we took DD on the miniature train. She LOVED it. From there we poked around some of the trendy touristy areas. Saturday I totally pampered myself with a make-over... it felt great to indulge like that. In the evening we got all dressed up and met our friends out for dinner and then hit a nearby jazz club for martinis. Sunday we took in the PNE and Meleigha had a great time on the rides! She especially enjoyed the Super Dogs show (agility races and so forth). Spent 12hrs there... and enjoyed it all!

I didn't eat thaaaaaaaat bad this weekend... and I did A LOT of walking so I'm ok with the fact that I didn't always choose the healthiest items on the menu.

Today, we have a million things to do... unpack, get groceries, clean the house... and I plan to get my 4mi in tonight after supper. Must get back into routine as quickly as possible!

I'll post pics as soon as I get them back from developing. I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care of yourselves!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 01:28 PM   #35  

Smile

Welcome Home. Mel
You sound as if you had the bestest birthday weekend
I just couldn'e be happier for you... I am so looking forward to seeing your pictures!

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-07-2004, 09:48 PM   #36  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Thumbs up Leslie's in the house!

Hello, hello and thanks for the warm welcome, ladies!

I did my first mile!! Woo hoo! I received my WATP DVD's this afternoon, and -- while channeling the gruesome Countess Crampula, gotta get points for that -- I did my first mile. I think Leslie and I are going to get along just fine, thank you very much. It won't be long at all before I'm up to the 2 miles. (Good thing, since I have more Leslie DVD's on the way! ) She was as chatty as I'd heard, but it was ok. I think that over time I'm going to have fun creating personalities for her cheery cohorts.....

Anyway, I feel great, even with the cramps, and I'm knocking out another mile tomorrow morning at 6:00 a.m. before I get ready for work. In the words of my good friend Dan Ackroyd, "I'm on a mission from Gaaahd."
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 05:10 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

OK, it's Wednesday, my baby boy started Big School today (how did that happen? where did my baby go? how can he be going to school already?) I didn't walk this morning (had to get home to wait in for plumber) but I'll be setting off 20 mins early this afternoon, to get some walking in before I pick him up.

Oh, and, I've won an ebay auction for a pedometer (with built in radio), can't wait for it to arrive!

Happy walking, everyone
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 09:46 AM   #38  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Congrat's on the pedometer, Clarrie -- and I send hugs to you on the growth of you little big boy.

I did another mile before work this morning......I'll do more tonight!
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 10:02 AM   #39  

Smile

Good Morning Everyone!!
Got in my 1 mile today too and am hoping to get in another mile this afternoon

*~*~*

Hi Clarrie ~ So glad to hear that you are well on your way to beginning a new life. Your little boy has begun his new life going to big school today and you will being yours A little note to remember that when you workout in the morning you are more likely to keep up your workouts on a regular basis. I am thinking of you and wishing you the very best!! I never heard of a radio in a pedometer? Cool beans!

Hi Sarah ~ Yeahhhhh ~I am so happy for you in receiving your Leslie tapes & getting in your first mile even though you didn't feel well !!

Good for you getting in that mile already this morning (thumbs-up girl!)

*~*~*

*Have a positively great day Gals!!!!*
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 09-08-2004, 11:09 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

I'm gonna be getting more walking than I bargained for over the next few days the pedal fell off my bike this morning I was planning to go the fruit shop on it (5 min ride) and had to walk instead (15 mins each way) AND I'm going to have to walk to the pool for aquarobics tonight, AND to the sports centre for belly dancing tomorrow, because I think my poor bike needs a trip to the bike shop and I don't have time to take it till Saturday. But at least my walking challenge gets a good kick start I only wish I had my pedometer already, to count all these extra steps I'll be taking till the bike's back on the road (it's a pedometer/radio like this )
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 12:07 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I got up at 5 and did a 30 minute 2 mile Express WATP w/3lb weights, and 50 situps and 15 double leg lifts.

September Miles = 8

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:59 PM   #42  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

Well DH and I started out on our 4mi trek lastnight and only got about 10mins in before I nearly fell over from an IBS flare-up. It's been hitting me hardcore lately... and after so long without any major sign of it too. Grrrrr. So on payday I'm off to purchase that book of yours, Sunny. <--- We waaaaaay overspent on our trip to Vancouver, but it was sooooooo! worth every penny!

I'll be getting my strength-training in this aft. once DD goes down for her nap and will do my 4mi tonight... even if it kills me! <--- Yes, I am that dedicated! I'm also going to look into aquasize... and will hopefully start up in a few weeks.

I really can't believe that summer is over already. Geez. It just flew right by, didn't it? Ah well... we're heading into my most favorite season now, so it's all good. As long as the winter isn't too bitter, I'll be happy.

Glad to hear that all of you are keeping well... and staying OP!

------------

Sunny... Thanks for the big welcome home! It feels good to be back into routine. Congrats on your miles today! I'm glad you're feeling much better these days... no one deserves to be in that much pain... esp. yourself! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the flare-ups stay at bay!

Cathy... You sure start the day off on the right foot, don't you? Good for you! Keep up the great work, girl... then again, you always do! *Big pat on the back*

Clarrie... It's amazing how quickly children grow up, isn't it? DH and I were talking the other day about how DD will be starting pre-school this time next year. It really seems like just yesterday that I could cradle her in my arms. *Sigh* Best of luck to your little guy in school! Congrats on the ebay winning... let us know how it works for you! Too bad about your bike though... but way to keep positive!

Sarah... Big ol' pat on the back to you too for getting your first mile in! That's great progress in itself! Esp. since you pushed on even with the cramping! That's awesome! Good goin' girl!

Anyways girls, I best be off... still have a tonne of stuff to get done around here. But I hope you all have a happy and healthy day today! Take care of yourselves! Type you soon....

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 02:17 PM   #43  

Smile

Hi Mel ~ The book will pay off for you it really will And before you decide to take a medication maybe think about checking out the information from this site (below) and wait to read the book. It will take time for your gut to calm down, but it will be so worth it Here is part of it with a link below it to the site, okay.

Copied from Site:
Common Pitfalls ~ The Seven Sneaky Deadly Sins of the IBS Diet

"I'm following the Eating for IBS diet, but I still have problems. What am I doing wrong?"

I hear from many people who have made a great effort to modify their diet for IBS, but who still have abdominal symptoms they feel certain are associated with their eating habits. They're often very frustrated because they believe that there aren't any steps left for them to take. The good news here is that it's much more likely than not that there are still dietary triggers involved, they're simply being overlooked.

I've found that there are seven specific pitfalls that ensnare many people as they adjust their diet - let's call them the Seven Sneaky Deadly Sins of the IBS Diet:

1. Coffee (yes, decaf counts)
2. Yogurt (it's the safest dairy product for IBS...isn't it?)
3. Alcohol (just one glass of wine is okay, right?)
4. Vitamin supplements (they're good for you, aren't they?)
5. No insoluble fiber foods (they're triggers, so you just don't eat them, right?)
6. Too low a dosage of soluble fiber supplements
7. Not drinking enough water (doesn't soda pop count?)

Here is the LINK to the SITE to read further information if you'd like--->

Feel Better soon!!!!

Cathy ~ Good to see you... as usual, you are doing great!

Clarrie ~ Cool looking petometer! Bummer about your bike, but I hope that the rest of your day went as planned

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 09-08-2004 at 02:19 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:26 PM   #44  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Well, without a pedometer I cannot tell how many steps I have been walking, but...alas I did win one on eBay just like Clarrie...hehehh, mine doesn't have a radio tuner in it, but that suits me just fine because I can use it at work....oh yeah it will be on all day every day once it arrives.

My energy level has increased a bit this week with my first weigh in...I have lost 7 1/2 lbs my first week with limited exercise.
So I would have to say I have about a 25% increase thus far.
and I am 17.5 lbs away from my September loss goal....so I will keep striving to make it happen!!!

I will be checking in again soon....can't wait to see how everyone is doing.
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 03:25 PM   #45  

Red face

Mel ~ I was just making dinner thinking about you being in such pain and thought ---> Peppermint Tea! Go out and buy some Decaf. Peppermint Tea by Celestial Seasonings and have a good cup or two of it strong - it WILL calm your intestines down pretty fast. Or you can get some Peppermint Life-savors candies and down a couple of those... let me know how you are feeling girl, okay

<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*