Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-24-2004, 11:31 AM   #16  

That sounds like my old eating plan! The reason I gained 30+ lbs, but hey if it works for you that is great! I do not eat sweets and have not since the end of May, nor have I had a soda of any kind. But when Hurricane Charley was set to come thru I ate some chocolate chip cookies (why I have no clue) and I think I may have gone into sugar shock! I got so sick I had to lay down and I am not sure if I went to sleep or passed out!!!! The when I woke up I felt so drugged up. I only ate 4 cookies! Needless to say they went to work with my husband for him to share with the other folks.

It only takes 3 weeks to break a bad habit, but I stopped missing my lunch time diet coke after about a week and a half! Don't miss them at all now. I am also trying to get up my nerve to take a belly dance class!
TerryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 07:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 256.5/256/???

Height: 5 ft 4

I'm lol-ing at the thread title here, I could've written it myself! I seem to be losing weight off of my bum and hips, but my tummy still wobbles away in front of me. I know you can't spot-reduce but it didn't stop me reading this thread in case someone had posted the magic wand to magic the wobbly-tum away! Thanks for the advice, ladies, guess I will just keep going with trying to exercise a bit more and eat right (most of the time)
clarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:20 AM   #18  
singletrack chick

run. i started running about a month ago again, (i took a break) and in that month, ( i run 3 days a week) my stomach has gotten flatter and flatter. i mix in core training through out the week, but running is what always does it for me. i lose my tummy and my thighs slim down. i love it. i can see my body changing shape and i havent even lost any weight yet.

ps. if you want to start running you should really modify your diet as well. you didnt eat any veggies that day.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:00 AM   #19  

I just purchased a treadmill since we have afternoon rains and I cannot get out to walk much. I have gotten up to 1 1/4 mile in about 25 minutes. I started out slow, but hope to increase speeds and time next week. I want my belly and thighs to get slimmer!!!!!!!! They are awful. I hope this was not a waste of $$$, but I figure it is as good as walking outdoors and I can manage to stay on the treadmill longer than walking in the heat.
TerryT is offline   Reply With Quote