Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-10-2004, 08:48 AM   #1  

Default Martial Arts/ Sword fighting

I am very interested in joining a Martial Arts club that emphasizes sword fighting. I've been looking into it and Kendo sounds very exciting, they even have a kendo club at my university.

The only thing that worries me is that I might not be able to keep up or anything. I know i've always wanted to do this, so I started going to the gym in january (off and on =/ ) The life of a university student is very busy. I think keeping up now that i've been getting in shape will no longer be much of an issue.

Does anyone else out there have experience with doing Martial Arts?
Alexisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2004, 09:01 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

I don't have any experience with martial arts...but I am a belly dancer and I dance with swords...and it is FUN. Don't be afraid to try something different!!! It is hard work...but it is so fun!!

Go for it!
Aphil
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:04 AM   #3  
one step at a time..

hi, I've been doing martial arts through my college for the past two years (chidokwan), I think it's awesome. I think you should definately go for it, it's good to try something new. And don't worry about falling behind, people are at all different levels and are training together. everyone was a beginner once. I find its an excellent stress reliever from homework and tests and the constant studying, and good exercise Hope you find out what works for you.
lixue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 12:17 PM   #4  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 320/200/150

Height: 5'7"

I don't have any experience with martial arts, but that sounds like a blast! So does the belly dancing! So go for it Alexsisa and rock on Aphil!
CrazyChubbyBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote