Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-10-2004, 02:23 PM   #1  

Default Anybody Sweat To the Oldies?

I got this video a few days ago, and I started using it today. I thought it was going to be low impact, or maybe I just haven't exercised properly in a few months, but..oh my! I do indeed feel the burn, and I only did it a few hours ago. Anybody else a fan of Richard Simons (sp?)? I've got about four of his videos stashed about my room, I just need to find them so I can use them! They seem easy enough (Except for the Salsa Blast..), so I wanted to see if anybody had any luck with him. ^__^
UnrequitedxLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 05:44 PM   #2  

I owe about 50 pounds lost due to Richard Simmons tapes. I did his videos for about 6 to 7 months. I do not ever think I would of really started moving my butt without them. After awhile though I did get very bored and have since joined a gym, which I totally love but I owe tons of credit to Richard and his videos. Congratulations on starting some form of exercise. By the way where abouts are you from in N.Y. I am originally from the the Southwestern tip of the State.
Kearie

Last edited by 3kidsworthlosin4; 08-10-2004 at 05:46 PM.
3kidsworthlosin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:51 PM   #3  

Yeah, I've tried to incorperate dancing and Richard Simmons into my lifestyle. ^__^ Hopefully I'll have as much sucess with them as you!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:25 PM   #4  

I listen to Uncle Kracker ... My goal the whole CD before getting off the tread mill ... but the "Y" frowns on those of us treadign for more than 1/2 hour ... SO I end up liifting the rest of the time .... only 100 lbs to go ... to get to my goal ...
WanttoWinTheBattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 09:49 PM   #5  
Free the athlete within!

S/C/G: 327/305/180

Height: 5'7"

Default Wipeout!

Yes, Unrequited, I still have some of Richard's tapes around and have been toying with getting them out. I did the original Sweatin' back in the late 80s (I remember, because I remember which HOUSE I lived in when I did it!) I actually enjoyed it and later got his tape with the resistance band. Didn't use it as much, but again, it's around here somewhere. I like Richard a lot because I think he truly cares.

But to this day, I can't hear the song "Wipeout" without thinking of that tape and how that part of the routine made my thighs burn!

In the last week or so, during the blue moon (second full moon of the month!--I was all engergized) I cleaned and moved my house all around. My downstairs family room used to be my office, but I moved the office upstairs. Now I have this big, relatively empty room with a TV....I think this is a sign that I'm supposed to get Richard back into the VCR and move my buns around the joint!

LLS
LeanLongStrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:19 PM   #6  

It is so a sign!

I agree with you too.. After doing Sweatin' To the Oldies Two I can't hear "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" (the song, or the word) without thinking, "Ohmygosh! Richard! The green and red bottles!" Haha.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:40 AM   #7  

Smile I thought I was the only one

I think Richard is great. I used to have a couple of his Sweatin' tapes, but have lost them through several moves. Now I have his Blast Off the Fat (or something like that) and it's a lot more intense and fast paced than his others. It's not as instructional as his Sweatin' tapes, this one is more for those who already know how he does things and can quick change between steps.

I like a variety of exercise options and usually whatever I can do in the privacy of my own home is what I prefer. And the fact that he isn't like a drill sargent, but more like a supportive friend helps tremendously.
femmeraven is offline   Reply With Quote