Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 02:24 PM   #16  

Default Hello

Hi everyone! Just me checking in. I did not get to exercise today. I am very sore in my chest between my breasts. I am thinking I must have pulled a muscle or something. It started hurting last night. Sure is sore there.

I will definitely exercise tomorrow as I do not allow myself to miss two exercise days in a row. I figure if I get in 5 days a week of exercise I am doing well.

It is a beautiful Thursday afternoon if my kids do not have much home work I might see if they will go for a short walk with me.

Everyone take care and try to have a good day!
Old 04-27-2001, 08:55 AM   #17  

Good Morning

Well, last night I did my 3 mile power walk tape. Geez, it kicks your butt because you are constantly moving. I did use my free weights for the 1st mile (I haven't gotten my gloves yet) and then did arm movements for the remainder of the tape. I did about 7500-8000 steps in those 3 miles. Woohooo! I gained a pound yesterday. I was kind of bummed out but it had to be the sodium in the chinese food I had the other day. Oh well. Hopefully this week will show the true numbers on the scale. I was really good last week & I did a lot of walking but I know it's not because of anything I did.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
Old 04-27-2001, 10:06 AM   #18  

Hi Ladies

I've been busy but I wanted to check in and say that my home elliptical is coming next week!!! Yeah!!! I hope to be more cardio-riffic then! I am doing okay at the gym but it will be nice to have one at home!

Glad to read everyone's posts!!!!

Susan
Old 04-27-2001, 04:57 PM   #19  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default I'm back! And Really busy!!!

That's the really sucky thing about vacations..you always have to come back to work and you're loaded with work when you do! Makes me wish I still worked at that buritto joint when I just go to work, sell some burittos and get outta there, no work to catch up on!!!

Anyway, I will post later when I have time, but I read all of your last posts and am so glad you're all still with it! It's hard, I know! I only worked out that one day but I did a TON of walking! I ate SO much...yes, EMMY, I did have a bit of cheese steak...I ate TONS ladies!!! Food, food and more food!! In the end, I came home and only gained a pound! Normally, I weigh in on Saturday mornings, so I'll check officially tomorrow. Boy, I thought I really would have gained a lot!

Womaninlove - yay, for your un-weight gain! Sometimes I weigh in before my weigh-in and it will be something crazy, and I freak out, but by weigh in morning, things are okay.

I'm really proud of all of you! I'm going to be SO busy this weekend working on my final project for one of my classes....I hope I get a chance to work out..if not, I'm not gonna worry. I'll be back totally on Monday. My fridge is EMPTY!!!

Talk to you all soon! If I don't hear from you, I'll talk to you after the weekend!

PS- I bought a great new outfit while I was there. My mom was like, "wow, look at those sexy shoes!"

Girlie
Old 04-27-2001, 05:15 PM   #20  
On my way!!

Default Hi all!

Hello!

I went to the gym this morning and did my thing. I had a hard time getting through cardio today...not sure why?? But, I'm still glad I went!

Girlie: Welcome home! Glad you had fun and good luck on caching up with your work!!

Deb: You're doing great! That pound is only temporary!! I should know! Keep up the good work!

Susan: I'm jealous about your home elliptical! You ARE cardio-iffic!!!

Emmy: Take care of yourself!! Hope your chest feels better soon!

Everyone else...Happy Friday!!!!

womaninlove
Old 04-27-2001, 07:15 PM   #21  
Bacon Girlie

Default Me Again!

Hey, ladies!

Boy...I'm not looking forward to the school work I have to do this weekend. I do have some good news...we're getting a computer for home..actually, a laptop...so now, no matter where I go, I can always work on my school work, etc....and post here!

I've definitely not been a role model for exercise and food in the last week, but don't worry, I'll be back. I'm really inspired my my mother's actions...I really thought she'd chew me out when I got there...about my weight..but no, she hardly said a word, and we had a really great time!

Deb: Looks like you've been doing GREAT with your walking! I'm really glad!

Anne: Hope your chest has been feeling better! Have you lifted weights at all? That may have caused it...

Womaninlove: I'm sure you're totally busy with your Honey! How great!! I'm sure the reunion was very happy!!

Emmy: How've you been? Sounds like you've been totally OP! Have a great weekend!

Talk to you all soon!

Girlie
Old 04-28-2001, 09:42 AM   #22  

Good Morning!!

Well, I weighed myself today just to see what's going on. I just can't help myself after the 1lb gain on thursday. I'm happy, no, ecstatic to report that the scale showed 1.5 lbs down since Thursday...WOOHOOO! Now to keep that loss come weigh in day I didn't do my tapes yesterday because I had dental work done. NOT FUN!! Honestly it wasn't so bad it was afterwards that I felt the throbbing. I ate breakfast before I left in the morning & then didn't eat dinner until 4p or so. I was below min range for the day so I had to add a grilled cheese sandwich to bring it to min range and let me tell you I ate very carefully.. Monday I go back so it should be a light eating day as well. Today I should get some really good walking in because I am going grocery shopping then I am going clothes shopping for the kids. I also plan on doing my 2mile tape today as well. Hopefully the gloves I ordered will arrive today so I can use them tomorrow with my 3mile walk tape. I'm having a really nice visit with my MIL. We spend the day just yapping away..

Girlie-- it's great to see you back I can imagine how bogged down with work you are but you will do fine getting back into it. I'm so happy you had a nice time with your Mom As far as the pound you gained, I'm sure you will lose that this week without a problem. Nice to have you back

Hope everyone has a great day!! I'll check in later...
See ya!
Old 04-28-2001, 12:37 PM   #23  
Bacon Girlie

Default Ripped!

I posted that Pro-anorexia site under the Fitness Scams forum and got chewed out! Some of the people from that site came on and chewed me out! A couple have valid points about we all having different viewpoints...I just don't like the fact that the site doesn't encourage health..well, to me, it has healthy exercise and nutrition tips, then again, people are encouraging each other to lose more weight, etc and congratulating each other when they lose more, even when they're extremely underweight. Hmmm. It's so weird. It's like they don't know what they want, and I guess that's the point of anorexia - they want to control something, so it has to be their weight. I thought it was strange how they found this site.

Too strange. I'd rather have curves and be healthy and happy than go absolutely berserk about gaining 2 pounds, taking me to 90lbs total!

I don't want to put anyone down though, it's just so not healthy. We aren't promoting being overweight -we promote healthy weight loss, and that it's okay if you fall off the wagon. It's so weird..all of us have been overweight at one time, and most of us just want to be at a healthy weight. Can you imagine being 75lbs and still wanting to lose more? Can you imagine looking like a skeleton? It's so interesting and makes me sad, but what can you do? I feel bad for having totally ripped on it, but people like us who strive to be healthy...it's so hard to understand!

Anyway, that's my spiel for the day. It's such a dynamic disorder! Makes me glad to be able to examine my diet and encourages me to keep on track.

Girlie
Old 04-28-2001, 08:18 PM   #24  

Default Hello!

Hi Everyone!! I am still exercising but without the weights or toning belt. I have to give my muscles a chance to heal.

So glad to see Girlie is back!! Glad you had a nice time. You are correct about anorexia being such a sad disorder. I feel sorry for anyone who thinks 75 pounds is fat!! I have seen people with anorexia and bulemia on tv and it breaks my heart. It must be so difficult living any kind of normal life with this disorder.

Deb- I ordered the 2 mile walk tape because I heard it was a really good cardio workout. Isn't this the first tape you had? I did this one on Friday and I was exhausted because it seems she moves much faster in this one than in my 3 mile one. At any rate I figure as long as I pop one of the videos in the vcr at least 5 days a week I will be doing well.

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 04-28-2001, 10:22 PM   #25  

Emmy-- yes, the 2mile tape is the 1st one I had. I LOVE IT! I just finished doing it after having walked 6+ miles at the mall today. I now have a total of 8.20 miles today and 26,000 steps. I feel great! I am so surprised my legs don't hurt at all. The 2 mile tape is a tape you can do everyday. I really look forward to doing it everyday. The 3mile tape is something I would do maybe 2-3 times a week. It is a quicker pace but the music is quick & keeps you motivated.....

Have a good one everyone!!
See ya!
Old 04-29-2001, 09:29 AM   #26  

Default Hi!

Hello!! I am just popping in to say hello to everyone! I won't be exercising today as I have alot of chest congestion. I didn't sleep well last night at all. Hopefully, I will feel better tomorrow and get back on track.

I hope everyone is doing well today! Have a great day!
Old 04-29-2001, 02:36 PM   #27  

Default emmy32

Emmy 32-- I saw your post on another forum and you said you had the leslie sansones 3 mile power
walk tape-- i have been looking for this tape could you please tell me where you bought it at.

Does anyone have the 4 mile power walk-- if you do can you tell me what you think of it

thanks
Old 04-29-2001, 02:55 PM   #28  
Bacon Girlie

Default Just a quick hello

Hey, ladies...I hope things are going well for you.

I think I'm going to start WW again this week. I need to do something, even though I will have to make the $$ sacrifice...summer is coming up and I need something to keep me going...I get SO depressed seeing the tirls wearing whatever they want...I just want to wear a cute skirt or a tank top and feel good about myself!

I have SO much school work to do today...I will update you all again soon.

Anyone know what the new WW plan costs now? Is it worth it, or should I just stick to my old 123 pts plan and do it at home on my own? I just kind of want to have a weekly meeting to look forward to, and I know this is silly, but embarassed I'll see someone who was there a year ago when I started, then left...and now I weigh more than then! I know, silly!

Girlie
Old 04-29-2001, 03:19 PM   #29  

Hi Everyone!!

Emmy-- I'm so sorry to hear you are sick Hope you feel better soon.....

Girlie-- I don't know how much it is to attend the WW meeting but that's great that you are thinking of going back. Don't be embarassed about seeing anyone from when you were there before. So many people have left WW only to return and succeed. You can do it. It probably will be good for you to have the support and accountability of going to a meeting. As far as the new plan, I've heard that they've told people that if they are having success with the 1-2-3 program to just stick with that. YOu can follow either. I have always done the program at home. I ordered the At Home kit. What I've been doing is following the winning pts program as far as the drop in points goes but I follow the 1-2-3 plan as far as the fiber goes (no fiber cap). I have gotten way better in the exercise department, thanks to all of you It will all come together. I did this for myself as well. There is nothing worse than falling in love with an outfit, trying it on & getting depressed because it looks nothing like what you thought it would. I used to hate to go shopping because I would leave almost in tears. Nothing fit & what did fit didn't look good. UGH! We will all be here to help you & support you. I wish you all the success in the world

Hope everyone is having a great day! I went out today to do groceries & already have 11,000 steps so it seems like today will be another good walking day

Take care!!
Old 04-29-2001, 03:22 PM   #30  
Bacon Girlie

Default Smile!

Deb, thanks for your message. yes, I love shopping too...I can't wait until I'm down a size to a regular 14 instead of a 14-16 or 16. It will be so much easier to find clothes that way!

Yes, I'll have to see if there's a meeting I have time to attend this week.

Girlie
Closed Thread