Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-01-2004, 11:31 AM   #1  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile AuGuSt WaLkErS, Just Walking Away the Pounds

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

I woke up early today, excited over all the
things I get to do before the day ends.
My job is to choose what
kind of day I am going to have....

Today I can complain because
the weather is rainy or ...
I can be thankful that the grass
is getting watered for free.

Today I can grumble about my health or...
I can rejoice that I am alive.
Today I can mourn my lack of friends or...

I can excitedly embark upon a
quest to discover new relationships.
Today I can murmur dejectedly because
I have to do housework or..

Today I can whine because I have to go to work or...
I can shout for joy because I have a job to do.
I can feel honored because Life has provided
shelter for my mind, body and soul.

Today stretches ahead of
me, waiting to be shaped.
And here I am, the sculptor
who gets to do the shaping.

Today I am going to have a GREAT DAY
because I am blessed with many gifts
in my life... Especially gifts like YOU!

Have A Wonderful Day gals!

I will see you all tomorrow and fill you in on all
my adventures of having a roof put on

MY GOALS for AUGUST:
WaLk: 50 Miles
CuRvEs: 12 times in the month

*God Bless*
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 01:33 PM   #2  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi Ladies~

Sunny~loved the poem and picture, so cute!

I am ready for this new month ahead but will be aiming low on the walking goal. But hoping that I do get in more. Of course not getting off to a good start today since waking up with a very sore throat. I may get in at least a mile today.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday.

August Walking Goal~30 miles
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 11:34 PM   #3  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

I feel really good about July's results and hope to do even better in August. Got 4.5 miles in today so I'm off to a pretty good start, I think!

Food continues to remain on target... and I had *THE* best salad tonight... fresh greens tossed with mandarin orange segments and slices of kiwi fruit! MMM! I definitely need to focus on getting more water into my system though.

Anyways girls, good luck this month! I hope you all reach your personal goals!

Type you later...!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:20 AM   #4  

Thumbs up Walking through August

Yahoo! I'm ready! I'll imagine every step is burning away the outer layer of me and the newer, fresher, leaner me is showing up more and more. I'll huff and puff for now only to slip easily into those Fall clothes in September!
Let's come back and share interesting things we've observed on our walks (if outdoors)..like leaves changing, interesting people, animals, or even thoughts that come to us we would usually miss.
psigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:50 AM   #5  

Red face Happy August Everyone

Good Morning,

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! My weekend was pretty good, last evening I had some hot wings and felt soooo guilty afterwards for eating them. So, today my goal is 3 miles, because I also did not work out yesterday. I have a new member of my family, I adopted a Terrier named Elmo from the Humane Society on Saturday (he is so adorable). He is 4 months old and was found in an abandoned house. He is soooo full of energy but I enjoy it. I have a German Shepard outside and I don't think he likes the new guy to much, especially if he gets to stay in the house......I hope he will get use to him! My birthday is August 22, so my goal is to be down 10 more from my July goal and I'm 8 pounds away from reaching it (wish me luck)!
I hope everyone has a BLESSED day

SW-290
CW-278
GW-185

Started June 21, 2004
Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:35 AM   #6  

Good Morning Ladies,

My goal for August is 40 miles. I need to stay on track with the eating also. Have not done to well with the eating lately. So this month, I will focus on my eating as well.

I did not get my walk in this morning. I got in the bed late on last night. So I plan on walking 2 miles on today.

Have a Blessed day ladies.
bburoughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:53 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Wow July has come and gone! Time sure flies doesn't it!

My goal for August is 40 miles, plus I have just got to do more strength training.

I got up this morning and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2lb weights, and then did 40 situps and 15 double leg lifts (where you lay flat on your back and lift both legs up at the same time). I have been doing these everytime I get done walking, and I can feel my stomach muscles getting stronger.

I hope everybody has a Blessed and On Track day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:29 AM   #8  

Hi everyone,
I'm a newbie on this thread but I have been trying to increase my walking the past month. I live in New York so I walk quite a bit naturally but have been trying to up it by taking walks during my lunch break and in the evening after dinner.
Hope everyone is doing great!
Melissa
fidjsnipzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:59 AM   #9  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good Morning Ladies~

Was up early this morning and got a walk in, yippee. It's a good start for me since I haven't been walking so much.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

August Goal~30 miles
8/2~2 miles walked
28 to go.........
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:01 PM   #10  

OK, new month, new start, new me! Or at least I hope.
Not going to walk today but about ready to leave in about 5 minutes for swim. Hope to swim 4 days this week as there is no swim on Wed. Next week there is only swim for 3 days then the program is over. I will be going on vacation for a week right after and will be at the beach so hope to swim there and get in some good walking on the beach.
WNYmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 02:20 PM   #11  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

BIG WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES! Best of luck on your weight-loss journey!

TOPS meeting tonight was cancelled, so no Monday-WI. Was actually looking forward to it. Is that normal? Continue fitting into my previously-too-tight-clothes which is a daily reminder to stay OP. I'm really aiming to fit into a size 9/10 by Labor Day weekend. We shall see.

Will be waiting until this evening to get my 4mile walk in since we're on our way over to the in-laws for a visit. Fun stuff.

Food has been great... and I'm really amazed at my will power. I've been at this a month now and have remained on track with my cals. Very proud of that, I must admit.

Glad to hear that you girls are off to such a great start! And I'm really looking forward to hearing about your progress! Best of luck to all of you! Keep up the great work, ladies!!!

Take care and I hope you all have a happy and healthy day!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Sunny, Hope you're having a better day. How upsetting to lose something so special. It won't matter what they offer, it won't be enough...............Cristi, great job getting those first 2 miles in. It's wonderful to have you back with us. Fill us in on what's been happening in your life. ( only if you care to share of course)...............Mel,You sound awesome. Happy and upbeat. It's amazing how a little self control can do so much for our UP meter!!! Keep up the good work those 9 / 10's are coming your way............ psigirl, Welcome to you. I love to share what I've seen and how I was feeling on my walks. I look forward to getting to know you..................Abirdee, I bet your shepheard is jealous. We've had a wonderful dog (mix terrier breed) for almost 7 yrs. This past summer my SIL got a new puppy and my dog was so jealous when she'd bring him to the business. He still doesn't care for all that in your face puupy stuff, but they're pretty good buddies now. That was sweet of you to adopt. I see you've lost 12# in just over a month. That's super. Don't feel guilty over the wings. Just back OP today................Hi Brenda, I too have had real problems in the food dept this past couple of weeks. I feel I'm back strong now and we'll pull each other on. Go Brenda Go!!..................Cathy, I'm always amazed at the added effort you put into strength, but yet you give yourself so little credit.So I will for you. You go Cathy woo hoo!!! My goal for Aug is to adopt your sit ups etc.. after walking lol You're doing great. Thanks for being such an inspiration.............Welcome Melissa, You've joined a really supportive group here. Tell us a little about yourself. Single, children, old young etc.....? It's great having another newbie.....................Janine, Keep up the terrific work. It's great you're still enjoying the swimming...............Sheila, I think it's great you finally broke in the new TM. For me it's a totally better work out than the trail. I push myself so much harder when I can see all the numbers in front of me etc.. When you have finished your intended miles do you walk a little more at a slower pace or do you just shut it off? If you're not cooling down this could cause the dizzies. Once I've finished my miles I usually do at least another 1/4 mile at a gradually slowing pace. Never shutting until I'm down to 2 mph. Then I feel good. If I shut off early I too am dizzy. If this doesn't help make sure you've drank plenty of water before using it. I think you'll notice you sweat much more on the TM. Good luck getting into it............As for me by Wed of this past week the stress of VBS and college for kids and cub scouts etc finally got to me. I literally ate my way straight through the weekend. I did finally get some much needed time alone with the hubby yesterday and my children only have 3 days this month that have activities so life is back to normal. Yippee.As for my goals this month I'm aiming my miles way low at 30. I think if the pressure to get all the walking in is lifted I will get more weights done. I do believe where I am at this point I need to build the muscle. My legs look about as good as a 30" inseem can ( lots of muscle definition ), but my arms and abs are really lacking. I'm aiming for 3 times a week with the weights. Plus I plan to lose my last 2#. When I started in 2000 my goal was to weigh 135# by my 40th BD. That's 8 days away and I owe a great deal of my success to you ladies here. For my BD I'm planning to have a t-shirt made that reads 3FC Rule and I want a digital camera. When this all comes to friution I'm looking forward to posting a pic of myself. Something I never thought I'd want to do. Thanks again!

Kristi

Aug miles ~ 2
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:03 AM   #13  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile Good Tuesday Morning!

Good Morning Gals!!!
And a Big Ole *WELCOME* to the newcomers!!!

Well... it's finally settled with the roofing company ~ WooHoo ~ as of Monday morning at 7:30 ---

I am sorry I didn't return yesterday as I planned and I didn't walk yesterday either, but I had allot of paperwork to do (bill's) after the guy left here and it took all my energy to finish it up... it takes more effort these days to think The first payment for the roof is due next month and I want to be ready for it. We got a payment plan from the roofing co. 12 months same as cash and we are planning to have it paid for in 11 months. Don't want to pay any more then we were quoted for this job. I love all the companies that are doing the 12 months same as cash --- NO INTEREST

All was going well with the roofing crew till the end of the second day of the job... I think they were getting tired and were rushing a bit more to get done before the next rain that was to come that evening (but didn't). They began to drop the shingles down so hard from their shoulders onto our roof that our dining-room light fixture lifted up and off the hook slamming it right into the soup tureen on our table shattering it into thousands of pieces My Mom gave it to me & it was passed down from her mother to her. I was soooo bummed out for like 2 days! I was sitting at the table with Joe having lunch when it all happened!! Joe had just gotten up from the table to get us drinks, otherwise the way the lamp fixture was swagged it would have hit Joe in the face/chest... so it could have been so much worse of a situation. So I did some searching on the net to get a value of the tureen before he got here and after almost 2 hours of searching I finally found it. It had a value of $69.00 listed and could be auctioned off at around $75.00 - $80.00. He gave us $80.00 for the Soup Tureen and $20.00 for the trinkets that broke in my picture box when it fell off the wall in our spare room... we owed them $250.00 for the sheets of rotted wood that were replaced (over & above the cost of the roof materials & job, which we were informed about prior to the job) and so he took the $100.00 off there and I wrote him a check for $150.00 instead of $250.00. Joe & I were please with the $100.00 he took off and his apology for the accident. He also will see what he can do about warning future clients in the ranch style homes and manufactured homes (like ours) of possible damage & to secure their treasures & fixtures. I am going to make a follow up call in a week and see what is being done ~ for my peace of mind, wanting them to say something before a job is done to clients, and sparing others of this kind of loss I feel so much better now that everything is all taken care of and they were fair to us, especially since they are a Christian based company. It's all done now... yeah!!!!! Joe & I spent about 2-3 hours with a huge magnet picking up staples and nails after having the job done. They did clean up, but there's no way they would have gotten it all... we are still finding nails But the driveway had to be all cleared before we could bring the jeep & truck back onto it. And all our sidewalks had to be washed before we put all our flower pots back. They were going to put everything back for us, but we told them not to bother - because we wanted to clean up first. All in all we feel the job was done beautifully and they guys were great. We treated them to drinks and pizza and they said no one has ever done that in all the years they have worked for the company... cool beans They worked so hard & did a wonderful job not to be treated well. Joe & I know they get paid well, but a treat never hurt anyone. I am just glad that it's done! And so are my boys (my kitties)!! Domino didn't seem to mind at all, once he got use to the sounds he slept as usual on the sofa. BUT the two brothers (Guido & Zeppe) are a different story! They spent 2 Days under our bed All Joe & I could see were eyes and toes peering out once in awhile --- just too funny! They probably thought the sky was falling

Our next big project is going to be the driveway, once we know what the park owners are going to do with the main road we can begin that project. And the house will look so much better from the road. Soon we are going to get the pressure sprayer from Johnny (Joe's brother) and then clean the house of mildew & dirt and then we want to repaint all our shutters brown again - they are so sun faded. Then we'll begin the interior projects (2005-6) that we have planned. Joe & I want to do as much as we can on our own there --- it will be allot of work, but ohhh the accomplishment when it's all finished the way we want it to be. And with Lowe's & Home Depot we can't go wrong. They too have offers of 12 months same as cash with their credit cards... and if we plan it all well, we should have most of our projects done and paid for by 2007-8. Well... ... ... it looks good on paper anyway

Well gals, I am sorry I don't have time to post to each of you today...
I really must be going --- haveta get a bite to eat and get ready to go to Curves this morning. I have missed way too much exercise in the last week and I sure do feel it!
Take Care everyone and Have a Great Day!!!
Loves,
SunnyD <><

ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0
MaY MiLeS: 48.25
JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0
AuGuSt MiLeS: 0

JuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times
AuGuSt CuRvEs: 0 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Last edited by SunnyD57; 08-03-2004 at 08:09 AM.
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:36 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!
sounds like everybody is doing GREAT!
Kristi - thanks for the "woo hoo"

I did a 45 minute 3 mile WATP w/2lb weights this morning.
Then 40 situps and 15 double leg lifts.

August Miles = 5

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 10:02 AM   #15  

Good Morning,

I have a question I drink Decaff coffee in the morning and put a little non-dairy creamer and splenda in it. Do you think will prevent me from dropping the pounds?

I didn't walk yesterday because I was sooo busy, but will be back on track today!
Everyone is doing such a wonderful job and you all keep me motivated, so I say "THANK YOU"!

I hope everyone has a BLESSES day!
Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote