Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #31  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Good Morning Gals...
Not much time at them moment but I wanted to log my exercise for today. I went to Curves this morning and when I got home walked 3 miles

Soon my friends will be by to pick me up --- we are going to see "I, Robot" with Will Smith... I heard it was really great in effects.

I will be back later...
*God Bless you gals*
Luvs,
SunnyD <><

AuGuSt GoAlS: 50 Miles Walked & 12 Times @ Curves
ApRiL MiLeS: 41.0 MaY MiLeS: 48.25 JuNe MiLeS: 20.75
JuLy MiLeS: 45.0 AuGuSt MiLeS: 8.25

JuLy CuRvEs: 10 Times AuGuSt CuRvEs: 2 Times

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:25 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Abirdee, Don't despair girl!!! As Sheila pointed out WE ALL hit plateaus you are not alone. She gives very sound advice, follow it and believe her!!! Never skip meals, staying the course is the answer. So many people quit when they hit a plateau never allowing them to learn that what thye were doing IS the ANSWER. Stay with it, don't give up, we are here for you. You are doing terrific. Believe in yourself you'll make it happen!!

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 11:59 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Well I just did a big ole post and I got bumped off and lost it – RATS!

No exercise yesterday but I got up early this morning and did a 45 minute 3 miles WATP, then I did 40 situps and 15 double leg lifts.

August Miles = 8

Michelle – I’m so glad that the T3 is helping. Let me know how you do on the phentermine. Hey? Where are you posting your exercise at these days? I know you must be exercising like crazy.

SunnyD – your new roof looks BEAUTIFUL! How was the tailgate party last night?

Mel – whenever I clean house I have to count that as my exercise, because I can’t do another thing when I clean. Cleaning house is WORK! Believe me – it COUNTS!

Kristi – I’m so glad you are feeling good. That’s great! What weight lifting site for women are you going to? I see you’ve added “daily bible study” to your August goals. That’s awesome!

Abirdee – 60 minutes on a treadmill is awesome! YOU GO GIRL!
I agree with Sheila and Kristi – great words and advice. Hang in there girlie – I certainly know how you feel.

Sheila – how ya doing girlie? Hugs

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

later gaters,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 01:16 PM   #34  
a whole new mel

S/C/G: 163/141/130

First and foremost...

Abirdee... You're doing fabulously! And although you may have reached a plateau, don't be discouraged, you will move pass it and once again, the scale will read differently! I know it's hard... but try and focus on the fact that your clothes are fitting better, and that your friends have recognized your hard work! That's a remarkable result in itself! Please don't go skipping meals... that won't do anything but put your body into "starvation mode". Keep up the great work... and remember we're all here for you... cheering you on each step of the way!

Cathy... As always, your exercise is excellent! Just where do you get your energy from?

Sunny... I hope you enjoyed the tailgate party lastnight! And that you have a wonderful time at the movies today! WTG on all that exercise this a.m., girl!

Kristi... Omigoodness, girl! You are on ! I'm totally impressed with all that exercise you've been getting in! Keep up the awesome work!

Sheila... I hope you're doing good... and staying OP! Take care of yourself!

Thanks girls, for the encouragement re: housework = exercise! I was feeling pretty low about skipping a day but now... well... not so much. Whenever the inlaws visit, I find myself feeling very anxious... very overwhelmed with the endless list of things that need to be done. Hubby's mother is quite critical... and as you can imagine, I do anything to forego the negative comments. Last time she visited (a year ago), I lost it on her (it was a long time coming) so I was esp. dreading her arrival yesterday. She got in before hubby got home and I was actually quite amazed at how "behaved" she was. Perhaps now that we're married, she finally understands that there's just no getting rid of me!

Amazingly enough, it's raining cats and dogs here! And, I just realized that DH forgot to take the stroller out of the truck before leaving for work, anyway. Grrr! Ah well... perhaps it'll clear up tonight and we can get out for our 4mi trek then. Regardless, I'll get my strength-training in this a.m.!

Well ladies, I have to go get some clothes on my nekkid baby, but I hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care!

~mel
macdeez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 02:04 PM   #35  

How can I get past my plateau, just keep doing what I'm doing and it will start back on its on or what?
Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 04:35 PM   #36  

Cathy, I'm bumbed for you about your lost post. I totally hate when that happens! You're doing awesome girl. I'll get back to you on thesite I went to. It's called strump...something. I googled it, but didn't bookmark it. When you do your leg lifts how high off the ground do you lift? Do you hold them up for so many sec? Do you touch the ground on the downward move? I want to make sure I'm doing them correctly. Thanks for your input!! As for the Bible study. It's normally a part of my life, but I'd noticed it had slipped pretty good to almost gone this summer. I've studied each day of Aug minus the 1st. Take care lady!!...............Mel, Hang in there. We can do anything "short" term...........Sheila, You totally rock girl!!!!! You have 5 count them 1,2,3,4,..........5 flashing flowers!!! Big applause girly.

Kristi
Old 08-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #37  

Hey Kristi,

Is it stumptuous.com?

Hey I don't know if I'm doing the double leg lifts right or not, but what I do is lay flat on the floor, and then I put my hands up under my behind (don't know why but it takes the pressure off my back) I put my legs straight up in the air, like at 45 degree angle (oh wait is that a 90 degree angle, well I hope you know what i mean - I put my legs straight up in the air) to my body and then I slowly lower both legs down, and slowly left them back up. I don't touch the floor with my feet, but I go about an inch from the floor. I don't hold them for so many seconds, but I may start doing that at some point. For some reason, I find that always puts strain on my back, and I don't want to throw out my back doing these, and then end up not being about to walk or exercise.

hugs,
cathy
Old 08-05-2004, 07:12 PM   #38  
a whole new mel

Kristi... I do the same leg-lifts as Cathy (with my hands under my tush) but start with my legs on the floor, lifting them to a 90 degree angle and down again. I find them to be a nice work-out for my abs! I usually do 2 sets of 25 reps. And am really pushing the last 5 or so. I also do single leg lifts (lying on my side), 70 on each side. It's a great work out for your inner and outter thighs.

Abirdee... re-reading your post, I agree with Sheila, having lost 2lbs just a few days ago probably doesn't = a plateau quite yet. Perhaps pick the same day each week to WI so you can monitor your loss better. Monday is my WI day and I find that it's quite a good incentive to keep me OP over the weekend. I also agree with what Sheila suggested for when you do plateau... change things up a bit. Add in strength-training. Or join an aqua-size class. Or just do more of what you were doing in the past.

My weight-loss has been slow... but consistent and while I'd love to be at my goal weight now, I know I'm doing things the healthy way in the meantime. Try and stay positive and from there, it'll be easier to stay on target.

12lbs in six short weeks in phenom! So be proud of that! Use that as a push to keep going! That's how I look at all my little accomplishments... "If I look this good in my size 11's, I'm going to look even better in my size 9's". This is a process... and what you've already achieved thus far is amazing! Keep up the great work!

Sheila... 10 miles this weekend! You go, girl! Your short-term goals sound awesome, and I'm sure you'll be reaping the rewards very soon! How are you liking your new TM?

Cathy... Do you have any other exercises/tips you could share? I'd really like to lose some of the chunk around my hips but don't know what to do to get rid of it. Any ideas?

Anyways gals, the inlaws came by immediately following my earlier post so my a.m. work-out has been pushed back until later tonight. And... I think the rain stopped so hopefully I can get out and enjoy my 4miles! I'd love to reach 24miles by Monday. That would put me 1/2 way to my Aug. goal! Wowzers!

I'll be back tomorrow! Yes, you've been warned! But I hope you all have a wonderful evening! Type you later, ladies!

~mel
Old 08-05-2004, 08:07 PM   #39  

Good Evening everyone,

I just wanted to THANK YOU ALL for being sooooo supportive. Since this morning I've read all the post and thought about it, and all of you are right. I think that myself and so many others have been through this and end up quitting. You don't have to worry about me, because as long as I have my SAVIOR, the ones that love me, and you guys supporting me how can I go wrong. Thanks to everyone for your comments.
By the way I walked 60 minutes yesterday on the treadmill, and about to do it again today. So everyone have a BLESSED night, from me and Elmo!
Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2004, 10:22 AM   #40  

Hi Cathy, yes, stumptuous.com it is. I don't feel she has the end all of lifting for me, but it was a nice place to start. I lifted in my mid 20's alot w/ my first husband. It was very different though, because we had alot of equipment. I could pick up any magazine or whatever and be able to do what they suggested. It's a whole new deal using just dumbells. Thanks for the info on the leg lifts. That's how I've benn doing them.......... Mel, You're doing great girl keep it up..........Abirdee, You're welcome. That's why we're here. To keep pushing and pulling each other to our finish lines!...........For today I'm planning 2.5 on the TM ( I've only been counting the 1's and 2's because the .5's are warm and cool downs. I want to count only when I'm working at 70-80% of my capacity ) 2 x 50 leg lifts......3 x 8 tricep w/ 10#.........3 x 8 lunges (yuch) w/ 20#.....I will have put in a good week this way and plan maybe just a liesurely bike ride with my children for tomorrow. My kids got into the act w/ th weights a little yesterday. I have some real tiny ones so it can't hurt them. They were so funny, but they totally got into the tiny bit of yoga I've added for stetching at the end. Who knows, maybe they will learn to exercise regular from me. That would be awesome! Have a great day ladies!

Kristi

8 miles
1 UB
1 LB
2 Mini Strength
Old 08-06-2004, 12:24 PM   #41  
a whole new mel

G'morning ladies! I hope you're all off to a wonderful start today!

I managed to get my 4mi walk in lastnight and really enjoyed! It was fairly cool out... the perfect weather for walking, if you ask me.

I also got my strength-training in this morning and feel better for having done so. I usually do it about three days a week but find myself worrying about it when I don't find time to get it in. I've lost another inch on my tummy and hips so that's good and I can get my size 9's done up... although they're still a tad snug. I figure they'll be a perfect fit for when we go to Vancouver next month. So YAY for that!

I'm really liking my new-found confidence... I'm wearing clothes that I would never before have even thought to wear (shirts that cling closer to the waist and what have you). I've always suffered from low self-esteem and I'm quite amazed that I'm now able to hold my head up high. That, more than anything else, is what I was hoping to achieve from this whole process. I suppose if it didn't take such hard-work on our part, the end result wouldn't taste as sweet. It's all the accomplishments along the way that add up, making this journey such a rewarding one.

Wow... that was a bit of a tangent there.

Anyways ladies, I'll be back later this evening. Hope you all have a happy and healthy day! Take care of yourselves!

~mel
Old 08-07-2004, 09:51 AM   #42  

Good morning Mel, It's wonderful that you were able to get your walk in and have lost an inch off your waiste. Mine is down a 1/2 inch and as you mention it is VERY sweet. I had been at the same measurment for over a month and finally "boop" a little smaller. Yippee! I'm so glad to hear you sound so upbeat about yourself. The new awareness of your strengths and abilities that comes with this process is awesome to say the least. For myself, I know it's not in the smaller number on the scale or the smaller number on my pants, but rather the "wow" moments we experience. Like, "did I really run over here just now," or choosing to walk down later to get the mail rather than stopping at the end of the drive way when you pull in. That sort of thing. Realizing I'm doing things right now rather than putting them off. (except the dishes - I think I'll always put them off lol ) I'm not as much of a slug as I used to be. (talk about a tangent) Please share what kind of strength training you do. I'm sitting here right now and my abs are killing me (it feels so awesome lol ) ..................Today I'm planning a 1 mile @ 5 mph TM run followed by a 30 min tae-bo. Also hoping to take older kids to see "The Village", but I have no idea how long hubby will have to haul oats today. Have a great weekend ladies!

Kristi

9 miles
1 UB
1 LB
2 mini strength
1 tae-bo
Old 08-07-2004, 12:43 PM   #43  

Good Morning Gang!

I did a 45 minute 3 mile WATP w/2lb weights this morning. Then I did 40 situps and 15 leg lifts.

August Miles = 11

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 08-08-2004, 11:34 AM   #44  

Great job as always Cathy!!!..................Yesterday I changed my mind and ended up doing 1.5 miles and a 20 min Yoga tape. It felt really good. I hadn't done any yoga for a long time. This may possibly turn into my Sat. routine. What was really great about yesterday was how I started out giving my self a break, the break was to only go at a 5 mph pace for the 1 mile. 5 mph used to be pushing myself outside my comfort zone. Now it IS my comfort zone. I ended up doing equal amounts of the mile at 6 mph. My strength and endurance has far exceeded what I ever thought possible for me.Thanks for keeping me motivated! Today's plan...........The Richard Simmons "Blast Off" tape. It's a pretty low intensity 20 min tape then followed by a good upper body w/o. I NEED to feel strong today! Hope you're all having a great weekend!

9 miles
1 LB
2 UB
2 mini strength
1 yoga pm
Old 08-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #45  
a whole new mel

Wow! Kristi you are kickin' some booty! Rock on! You sound so excited and motivated to get your exercise in! That's really awesome! And I know what you mean about "the wow moments"... all the small choices to get healthy really add up to a big success. As for my strength-training, I do double leg-lifts and single leg-lifts (as I mentioned in an above post), butterfly curls (I don't know if that's what they're called) for my arms, situps (ack!), and a 20min. pilates tape. I quite enjoy pilates since I find the movement relaxing yet challenging at the same time. How do you like tae-bo? I've been contemplating buying a tape, but not sure if I'm "there" yet in regards to stamina.

Cathy, as always you rock! I truly believe that all the effort you put in each day has helped me to get and stay motivated... as I'm sure goes for most of the ladies here!

Well, the inlaws left yesterday aft. so I'm back full-force! And quite happy that we're visitor-free so we can get back into our normal routine. Walked another 4mi lastnight and really enjoyed it! More so than usual, I think. Tomorrow night is WI and I'm curious as to how much I've lost in the last two weeks (since TOPS was cancelled last Monday). I have another 3 weeks until I reach Goal #1 and while I don't think I'll reach my intended loss, I'm pretty certain I'll come close... which is just fine with me!

As for today, we're heading to the mall to do some shopping and then if it stays nice, we'll make our way to the beach for a few hrs. Tonight we'll be sure to get another 4mi in! Yay for that!

Anyways girls, I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend! Take care of yourselves! Best of luck staying OP!

~mel