Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 09:27 PM   #1  
On my way!!

Smile

Welcome to #3 everybody!!!!!!

Glad to read such great successes lately from everyone! I am truly inspired by each of you! I didn't go to the gym today, but I am heading there tommorow. My knee is feeling better now, I think I just overdid it on Friday.

Welcome to our newest newbies!

Girlie: thanks for spreading the word! You have such a great attitude, it's great to see that you are positively influencing lots of people. You rock!

Deb: thanks for the cheer! You are doing great too!

Keep up the good work everyone! I will keep you in mind while I'm burning up that elliptical tommorow! WE CAN DO IT!!!

Back tommorow!

womaninlove
Old 04-17-2001, 09:44 PM   #2  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default I am SO Sorry!

I wish I had time to write a nice post, but I don't! I'll try to tomorrow, but I'll be checking the board
while I'm in Philadelphia, so it's all good!

I'm really excited!

You ladies are SO awesome!!! You all can reach your goals....we ARE, right now, this very moment!

Hey, if you're in to music, I suggest that you check out Paula Cole's "This Fire" album. It's been one of my favorite and most emotional albums ever. Womaninlove, I think you'll find the female empowerment inspiring...wish I could have recommended it to you in your previous relationship.

It's total Girl Power! Yes, it's the album with the "Dawson's Creek" song, but try to forget Dawson's and really listen to the message...I'm so not in to Dawson's and I can't believe they chose THAT song for some teenybopper show....

Anyway, gosh, guess I did post a decent size, but I really wanted to "talk" to each of you

I'm a good typist, so that's why!

Talk to you all SOON!!!

Girlie
Old 04-17-2001, 09:54 PM   #3  

Hey!!

Well, I did my tape today. I was almost going to do it twice but then thought twice about it I'm glad I did it because I was really low in steps today & now I got past my 10,000 steps. WOOHOO!! Hope everyone did good with their exercise today

Girlie, have a very safe trip to Philly. Hope you have fun. Check in with us whenever you can. When are you supposed to get back????

Have a great night everyone!
Debbie
Old 04-17-2001, 10:01 PM   #4  
Bacon Girlie

Default SAD!!!

Guys, I'm gonna post this around the board....I found this at another thread....this is a PRO ANOREXIA website!!! No kidding! These girls post pics of themselves saying how fat they are...it's so terrible! I think we all should check this out! I've never seen anything like it!

Note: they give a disclaimer before you open it, saying that it's adult material, because it's controversial.......lemme know what you think!

http://communities.msn.ca/StickFigures&naventryid=100

Talk to you all soon! Debbie, I'll be back from Philly on the 26th, but I'll be posting from there too!

Girlie

Last edited by Girlie; 04-18-2001 at 09:28 AM.
Old 04-17-2001, 10:20 PM   #5  

I tried to check out the site but I couldn't get to it through the link. I really feel for these girls and women. My cousin is a recovered anorexic. I have to tell you it's not easy seeing the way they eat. It is an illness and they need help to work through it. I just wish them all well and hope that they can get the help they need

Debbie
Old 04-17-2001, 11:00 PM   #6  

Default hello hello

Everyone is doing a great job !!! keep it up !! I only got in one mile tonight as the lights were not on at the track for some reason.

Is it Friday yet ? LOL
Old 04-17-2001, 11:14 PM   #7  

Default anorexia site

OMG! I just checked the site out that you were talking about girlie. I can't belive it either. That is sickening. Did you check out the message boards? I read posts that told how to fast for days on end, best laxatives to use, how to purge correctly and even a post from a gal who was doing crystal meth!? How can this even be legal or moral (which I know it isn't). I also saw stats on the girls and most were 105 lbs or lower and had goals of 80-70 and even one gal wanted to weigh only 65 pounds! If there was a way to put an end to all this garbage I would....but this is the internet! I am just glad to know there are ladies like us who understand what we are going through and support us in the right way of doing things! Keep up the good work gals!
Diana
Old 04-17-2001, 11:15 PM   #8  

Default forgot to say...

Oh I forgot to say my good news, weather was a tad better so I went for my walk tonight. According to my pedometer I went 3 miles! Hope I can keep it up.
Diana
Old 04-18-2001, 09:41 AM   #9  

Default Hello!!

Hello everybody!! Another day of exercise for me today!! I did my other tape today. I think I like my first tape better than the second one. Of course, I do really need to strengthen my upper body. I have never been strong in the arms and shoulders. Anyway, as long as I do something everyday for my health I am doing well.

We are all successes!!! I love the motivation that all of you give me. It keeps me strong!!

Deb- In the power walk she uses 2 pound weighted gloves but you could use whatever kind of weights you have. I have the 1 pound weight gloves because I need to start very slow to strengthen my upper body. Can't wait til you get your tape so I can see what you think of it.

di4chat2- great job on that 3 miles. Sometimes we have to make ourselves get out there and just do it but it feels so good once we accomplish it, doesn't it?

Everyone have a great day!!
Old 04-18-2001, 09:51 AM   #10  

Hi There!!

Emmy what type of upper body exercises does she do??? Did you order the tape from her site? How long did it take for you to get it??? I can't wait to get it either

Diana great job on the 3 mile walk. You'll be surprised how used to it you get Keep up the great work.

Everyone is doing so awesome. You are a great group of motivators Keep moving everyone!!

Talk to you later
Debbie
Old 04-18-2001, 11:45 AM   #11  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default Checking In

Yes I'm still sick. Have a Dr. appointment this morning. So we will see what she says.

I do have good news. I went and weighed in last night (didn't stay for the meeting) and I lost 3 pounds this week! And I went under 200 pounds for the first time in years. My husband was shocked. I wasn't sure how I did. (Mental foggieness from being sick ) :lol My next goal is the 180's. Come on baby!

I am hoping to get back to the gym by Saturday. I'm just going to take it easy.

Speaking of this site. Last week I was looking on Yahoo Groups for a support site for WW Vegetarians (I am going that way) and I saw support email lists for these people. It was sickening. I mean they had quite a few members and I saw more than one list. God help them.
So sad. I just hope they have family and friends that are helping them get help.
Old 04-18-2001, 11:48 AM   #12  

Woohoo!! Anne, congrats on your 3lb loss!! That is great!!! Hope you feel better soon

Debbie~
Old 04-18-2001, 01:46 PM   #13  

Default Hello again!!

Hi everyone!

Deb- in the power walk she does alot of arm and shoulder exercises while walking. My shoulders were tired and I was only using 1 pound weights. She does walk slower in this video than I would like but it is a good upper body workout. I did order from her site and it took about 5 days to get it.

Congrats Anne on the 3lbs down. That is great. It feels so good to see those scales moving in the right direction. Take care.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 04-18-2001, 04:20 PM   #14  
Bacon Girlie

Default See ya!

I probably won't post again until Friday...have a great day all of you!

Anne! Yay! I'm so happy for you!I can't wait to get under 200 again!

The rest of you...I know you're doing great! I will talk to you all soon! Next time,
from Philadelphia...I hope my mom's gym has an elliptical!

Talk to you soon...

Girlie
Old 04-18-2001, 04:27 PM   #15  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default And the verdict is....

I have a virus. Stupid bugger. We all know men are big babies when they are sick, well today I feel like a big baby. Its a beautiful day here. Its like 72 degrees out. I love Spring. As my Mom always said, "You stay home from school, you can't go out and play". I hate it when Moms say things like this. :lol
Closed Thread