Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 07-02-2004, 10:53 AM   #16  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Talking More Pictures...

My Side Garden --- hope you will enjoy the pics

1> The Whole Side Garden protected from the bunnies by a fence
2> The Coryopsis (sp?) in bloom
3> My Lavender Hydrangea
4> My Pink Hydrangea
5> The Pink Hydrangea's
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The whole Side Garden 1.JPG (47.8 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Side Garden 3.JPG (44.8 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg My Lavender Hydrangea 2.JPG (48.8 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg My Pink Hydrangea 1.JPG (39.2 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg Pink Hydrangeas.JPG (47.0 KB, 40 views)
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:03 AM   #17  

Red face Okay --- Last Set

You wanted pictures MICHELLE you got 'em
I sure do hope that I didn't overdo

1> The Cactus in my kitchen window - I am from the desert (29 Palms, CA.) so I have always enjoyed cactus, especially in bloom
2> A small cactus garden in the front yard
3> Our home from the Left Side - to our front door. Hopefully in the fall we will be able to replace our driveway... right now it's the roof
4> The Left side of our home toward the back
5> My Red Astillbe that I bought in Maine and brought home to Ohio
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cactus 1.JPG (44.0 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Cactus Garden 1.JPG (44.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg Our Home 6.JPG (46.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Our Home 7.JPG (49.5 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Side Garden 4.JPG (43.9 KB, 39 views)
Old 07-02-2004, 11:21 AM   #18  

Wink

Good Morning *KRISTI*
I'm so sorry... ... I didn't see you there -
I was so busy trying to post pictures

My walk this morning was beautiful! I am so glad I went, but boy-o-boy, was it ever a struggle!! I got up; then went back to bed and then got up again I think my eyes were still closed when I walked out the door!

Yep, I rest... if I get so tired that I cannot stand myself I will take a few minutes in the afternoon to rest on Joe's hammock (on the porch) with my boys Being that I don't work I have that luxury

I hope that you are having a nice morning at home so far? I bet it feels so nice when you have such a busy pace to keep most everyday.
Enjoy!!

Glad you liked the peony... we cut our peony bushes down each fall just before winter hits and each year they bloom without a problem. I have two white with vanes of red through them and the one pink one.

Well, I really must be going and get some work done around here - I have been on the computer all morning... I am delaying the enviable of paying my bill's

Take Care now... hope you get in your 4 miles today.
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-02-2004, 11:51 AM   #19  

Hi Everyone,

Mind if I join you on this thread? I am looking for a challenge to keep me motivated in exercising. I have been exercising daily for the last month but can feel myself ready to stop. So maybe the accountability and the support will be a great help to keep me going.

My goal for this month will be to walk 35 miles or to at least exercise 30 mintes a day.

I started on yesteday to keep track of the miles walked. I had a busy day on yesterday and did not get a chance to post. But so far I have walked 2 miles and when I finish typing this I am going walking.

Looking forward to getting to know you all! Have a great day!

Brenda
bburoughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

thanks for the warm welcome! and for the introduction SunnyD/Donna. I have seen you and the rest of the gang around the boards, but don't guess we have "officially met" sooooooooooo NICE TO MEET YA GIRLIE! I am also a Christian and I love all of your icons and avatars and sayings! I can especially relate to "turn your test into a testimony and your mess into a message". I look forward to getting to know ya'll better! The pictures of your flowers and your home are beautiful! I love that big pink flower.

Hey lovnmom - so good to see ya again! I'm the only one posting on my weekly food log, but I hate to give it up because it keeps me honest, but I'm thinking about just going with my handwritten daily food log. Will have to see how it goes.

You asked about the Kathy Smith tapes. Well I picked up a set of 2 dvds at Walmart. They were under $20, and called "Kathy Smith Lift Weights to Lose Weights 1 & 2". The first one is 20 minutes of upper body, 20 minutes of lower body and 7 minutes of abs. It moves pretty fast, no resting in between reps, but it is really what I need in order to get in some good strength training in a short period of time - but let me tell you - I find them tough (but doable). I like them! I haven't tried the second dvd yet but I think it's kind of set up the same.

Now onto today's exercise. This morning I got up early and did 47 minutes of strength training with Kathy Smith. (I like my walking better but feel like I need to do this to build (or keep) muscle and help my poor pitiful non existent metabolism.

I have a low thryoid problem and I am STRUGGLING sooooooooooo. When I started posted at 3fatchicks many years ago, I weighed 180 lbs. I have gained 10 lbs a year over the past 3 years, even tho I have continued to eat healthy (1200 calories a day, low carb and only good carbs, no sugar, similar to Sugar Busters or South Beach) and lots of water and exercise. It is so discouraging really! So I am fighting my weight at 205, and not able to lose a pound no matter what I do. I am seeing my doc again on Wednesday so I am hoping to up the dosage of my thryoid med and see if that maybe will help with the weightloss. anyway, that was just a little about my struggles with my weight, but I'm healthy and exercising sooooooooooo.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
July = 3 miles
1 strength training workout
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #21  

Hi Brenda!
we must have been posting at the same time!
Just wanted to say welcome!

I also weigh 205 lbs (wah) and I'm in Louisiana!
so howdy neighbor!
Old 07-02-2004, 12:23 PM   #22  

Welcome *BRENDA*

So glad you want to join in - I too find that posting keeps me accountable. And since I am posting now --- it means that I am still avoiding paying my bills

Hi *CATHY*
It's so good to finally meet you! I too look forward to getting to know you better. So glad that all my pictures didn't bother you and that you enjoyed them -all-

I have not heard of the Kathy Smith Tapes, but I have just bought the WATP DvD's... I haven't begun using them yet because I have enjoyed walking outdoors so much these days. I also bought TAE BO on DvD. I want to include them both into my workouts for variety, but haven't yet. Cathy, don't beat yourself up too much, I think you are doing a wonderful job exercising. It is definately much harder to get this wt. off as we age, not to mention your low thyriod! I hope that all goes well when you see your Dr. on Wednesday next week. Something how it just doesn't want to budge !! I too have been trying so hard and I haven't lost any more weight since 6-11 frustrating, huh. My sister is just now trying the SBD (she lives in Maine) and swims in her new pool for exercise & we have been encouraging one another via e-mails... that has helped me review and renew my eating habits again. And you gals help me stay with my exercise

You Take Care now... be seeing you later.
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-02-2004, 12:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Girls!!!

Sunny I want those flowers in my yard!! Wahhhhhh!!! Can I hire you to make me some beautiful flowerbeds? I can see that you put a lot of hard work into them!! They are gorgeous!!

Kristi Yep I did pretty good this month, I lost 9.5 lbs from May 26th to June 25 and 6 lbs from june 1 to June 30 I'm extremely happy with that and it looks like I'll have a good weigh in come this sunday as well

Cathy you keep up the good work girl!! I am going to see if I can persuade my doctor to put me on armour because the synthroid really isn't helping with my fatigue and I can't handle this anymore I hate feeling tired all the time and I really want to be out and about doing stuff with my kids but my thyroid is slowing me down alot...ok venting done lol.

Have a great day girls
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 05:49 AM   #24  

Good Saturday Morning Gals,
I did not get out this morning for my walk because we are meeting friends very early for breakfast this morning, but I am going to see if my hubby is up for a walk in the park today so I can get in at least 2 miles. I don't walk in the parks alone (too scary) so if he doesn't want to go I'll just take my walk here at home, but I will get in at least two today.

We are looking at another beautiful day today... this weather has been too good to be true lately. I feel as if I have to pinch myself

Yesterday we met with the roofer guy and signed all the paperwork to have it done... looks like we may be scheduled for the 14th of July (depending on the weather). I am anxious to have it done for two reasons... I am hoping that my gardens don't get damaged and my cats are gonna be very unhappy with the noise on the roof I look forward to the beauty of it when it's done, but not the anxiety of it being done. I am so glad that my hubby will be home to keep an eye on everything as they work.

*MICHELLE*
I am so tickled by your reactions to the pictures and my yard - you are so good for the ego We all like to hear that we did a good job, thanks! I also have a Rose of Sharon that is just now in it's budding stage and it's loaded with buds --- that's when we see the humming birds come - they love it. When it comes into bloom I will get a picture of it to post for you --- it's just beautiful!

And I would like to join in and tell you that I am so very impressed with your hard work and weight-loss success in spite of your thyroid problems. I can only imagine how hard it must be for you. I struggle enough and I don't have an unhealthy thyriod, then again I have never been tested either... how did you find out that you had problems?? How did you know to have it checked? I'm just curious, if you don't mind my questions.

Well, I must be going...
I have some e-mails to catch up with this morning with my family.

*God Bless you all and Have a Fun & Safe Weekend!*
Always,
SunnyD <><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Old 07-03-2004, 11:01 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

Wow, This thread is happenin' all of a sudden. Terrific!!..............First, welcome Brenda. This is a great group of gals. We all cheer when you do good and we all offer support when you slip, but challenge we don't. That has to come from you. You have to want it for yourself girl. You've made the first and most important move. You've made the decision to make exercise a priority in your life, you've set obtainable goals, and you've sought a good support group. Your ready girly!!! On your mark, GO!!!
Sunny, Glad to hear you are indeed taking care of yourself as well as Joe. Your flower beds are totally gorgeous. I wish I had the patience. I always plant (I love that part) and then I get way too busy and lose interest. My flowers become another chore I have to do rather than the joy I anticipate when I plant. I almost envy you lol..Enjoy your brkfst out........Cathy, thanks for the info on the tapes. I'm going shopping today maybe I'll check them out. I'm so excited my clothes are big enough that even my DH actually told me to go shopping and get some shorts that fit right. It's not every day a hubby TELLS his wife to go shopping..Good luck at your Dr. apt You inspire me so much. I have no health problems that impeed me and still I stumble on a regular basis. If I actually had healthy issues to battle I'd probably fall on my face and not get up. You really should be proud of all your efforts.......Michelle, you are doing great as always. Have a great weekend.......Lynne, miss you lady......Sheila, hope you're having a great weekend.....
As for me today. We have no plans. Dh may take the 3 younger children to see Spiderman 2 while me an #1 daughter go shopping. She needs a new swim suit and a new pair of jeans before she heads off to camp on the 11th. She and I went to play tennis yesterday and I have to share a moment we had with you all. My soon to be 11 yr old daughter is 4' 11" and weighs 123#. She has long slender legs, a beautiful face, a terrific personality, and a few chubs around the middle. Alas, this small problem really bothers her. Last week her Dr told her not to worry in this past year she had moved up 3 lines on the height end of the growth chart, but only moved up one line on the weight end. She told her she was right on track growing into a healthy young woman. Back to my story, we were exercising have a good time playing tennis when she stopped and said, "I don't want to have to waite until I'm 15 to not look fat." She was angry and sad all at the same time. My heart broke for her. I remember being her age and feeling so insecure about my weight and everything. ( you know, the dreaded time out at the pool and you have your arms wrapped around your belly while everyone else is laughing with friends? gym class etc.. )Anyway, we had been like friends all day and I believe God inspired me. I grinned and told her that would be a perfect age to have everything grow into place. I said, you'll come back after the summer to your sophomore yr of high school and all the boys'll whisper to each other, "have you seen C_____ man, she looks awesome!!" I continued with how they will have allready dated the other "skinny" girls in her class and know that they don't like them and be fighting over who gets to take my sweety to the prom. She gave me an odd look at first and said, no way, but with a little hug and a little more, "mom knows" attitude she grinned from ear to ear and thought this sounded like a great future. I shared this with you ladies, because as a mom I walked away thinking I did good. I'm helping her love herself and be strong.......as a woman I walked away sad that when I was young no one ever helped me see the good in me,the silver lining to come. Yet, I am happy that God has shown me who I am........My wish for you all today is that someone you care about lets you know you're wonderful today and are getting better every day....

just 1 mile today

JuLy MilEs : 5
StReNgTh TrIaNiNg : 1 session

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 12:30 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 175 / 140 / 125

Height: 5'2"

I feel on fire girls.... I actually did a 10 min mile today

Kristi
lovnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 02:03 PM   #27  

Good afternoon gang!

lovnmom - that is awesome about the 10 minute mile! YOU GO GIRL! that's great. I see you are almost at your goal weight too. I cannot even imagine what that must feel like. And have fun shopping for some shorts that fit. Isn't great when your clothes are TOO BIG!

Hey SunnyD - I just love the "I love America" red, white & blue heart. you find the coolest pictures!

Michellle - a lot of people find that the Armour Thyroid works better for them because it has T3 and T4 in it. Some doctors are skeptical and you have a hard time getting them to prescribe it, but if you think it is what you need, don't give up. You are doing great with your weight loss, but if you are still feeling fatigued, something must not be working right???

I am cleaning house today. Have been cleaning for 6 hours and I'm still not finished yet. Sooooooooo that will have to count as my exercise for today. When I clean house, I can't do another physical thing.

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 07-03-2004, 10:04 PM   #28  

i am thinking of buying these tapes to be able to start a exercise program. i need something like this. do they really help you. is this something you could not do with out? i am thinking of getting the tapes as well as total strider she has with the walk tread machine. sue
samanthajosmom_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2004, 11:07 PM   #29  

Hey Sue - are you fixing to buy the Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds tapes? is that what ya mean? if so - yes I love them - and no I could not do without them!

I have to exercise at 5 am. It is too dark to walk outside at that time. I really like the Walk Away the Pound tapes/dvds because it is more than just walking, it's lots of hand movements and you can add handweights when you are able.

When I have time I also like to walk outside or at the mall or at a walking track at the park, but I mainly use the WATP tapes.

hope this helps,
cathy
Old 07-03-2004, 11:40 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Hey girls!!

Sunny I'll go into my health story if you promise not to be bored lol Ok *deep breath* My hubby and I had been trying to get pregnant for 8 months when I finally conceived. I made my doc appt and was so excited. 3 weeks after I found out I fell down the stairs at home carrying my 18 month old daughter Taylor. Thank god she was smart enough to know that I needed the phone, I couldnt walk and for a few minutes couldnt breathe because the wind had been knocked out of me. I called hubby and he rushed home and took me to the ER, they did xrays to make sure I didn't break my back or fracture anything. They also did an ultrasound to check on my little baby. All was good. I did bruise my tailbone rather badly and couldnt walk unassisted for about 2 weeks. Anyway, about an 2 hours after I left the hospital my ER doctor called me and said they had seen some suspicious looking lumps in my chest and that my OB/GYN would be calling me soon so we could do what needed to be done. I just broke down and cried and cried of course thinking the worst. I prayed that whatever was wrong with me would turn out to be nothing. So my OB/GYN called that night I had to set up all medical procedures through the OB because I was under their care for the duration of my pregnancy. She was so compassionate and caring I will never forget that. I went in to see the OB the next day and she did a physical exam to see if she could find any other obvious suspicious lumps. She did. There was a 4 cm lump on my thyroid. Another problem and they were pretty sure it wasn't related to the lumps in my chest. So we dealt first with my lumps or very enlarged lymph nodes in my chest. I was referred to a thoracic surgeon who got me in the next week for a biopsy of my lungs and airways and also the lymphs. I guess (I don't remember this) that when I was coming out of anesthesia I asked my doctor if it was cancer and he said "no, it looks good." and I started crying then I asked "is my baby okay" he says "yes everything went well" I guess I broke down bawling but I don't remember. But the doctor said it was one of the most touching things he has seen. It turned out that I have an auto immune disease that infiltrated my lungs called Sarcoidosis. I went on steroid treatments and now you can't tell that I have the disease except for the damage that was already done to my lungs which can't be repaired. Now on to my thyroid...I had blood tests done to check my hormone levels and they came back off the charts, I was hyperthyroid, which made me extremely tired all the time, which made me spend a lot of time in bed, which made me gain a lot of weight. I had my thyroid biopsied with a procedure called a fine needle aspiration or FNA and it came back negative for cancer Thank God!! We had to wait til after my delivery to treat my thyroid problem because they didn't want to expose me to any more procedures or drugs as I had already been run through the mill, I had a perinatologist I had to see a few times who was 120 miles from my home, on top of that my blood pressure skyrocketed so I spent all nine months in bed and then a few months after deliver too. I was seeing the OB once a week for most of my pregnancy because I was put into the high risk category. Anyway, So I ended up going in for an induction because of my problems with my blood pressure, and I failed to progress beyond 7 cm and they were having a horrible time tracing the babys heartrate so the doctor broke my water and attached an internal monitor to Teagans head. Still no progress, I got my intrathecal and it passed and wore off still no progress, the doctor said that she thought the cord was wrapped around her head and she couldnt come down, I had been in labor about 21 hours at that point, so I went for a csection. Baby was healthy and went to recovery, we left the hospy 5 days later. OMG this is a long post sorry I know you only asked about my thyroid but it all kind of runs together lol. So after I delivered Teag and we get home I started having my gallbladder attacks and knew I needed to have it removed so I got that done 4 weeks after delivery. Then I stopped nursing so I could have my thyroid uptake scan done and it came back as a Hot nodule, which means that it was producing massive amounts of the thyroid hormone. The doctor was very suprised that I didn't have heart problems even though I had told him a few times that I had felt palpitations lol. So I had the lower right lobe of my thyroid removed and started on synthroid I started feeling a bit better but, I'm still not 100%. After I had my thyroid done I had a few more medical procedures, and endoscopy because I was still getting gall attacks after having it removed, then I had a cold knife cervical conization because I had stage III cervical displaysia which is the last step before cancer, then I had my wizzys (wisdom teeth) removed no big deal there, but as you can see it was a very trying medical year for me I'm just glad I am on my way to a healthy life and all of you help me everyday. Sorry that this is so long but I always start at the beginning when I talk about it other wise people tend to discount what I've gone through and how it affected me as a person, emotionally, and physically. It has made me stronger but at the same time I've also realized how fragile life is and I cherish everyday and I try not to live with hatred in my heart now. Life is too short, and I want to be able to LIVE not just be alive.

whew, ok, I'm done lol, I always get a lil emotional talking about it. But there it is and no sympathy, I've learned to live again and not just exist, I think god was telling me something: I could make a difference even if it was small, I had the power to change the things I thought I couldn't, There is more to life than going through the motions, Stop, smell the flowers, cherish everyday, and mostly, take care of yourself theres only one body and I know there are people who need me to nurture them.

Ok all done
Keep up all the hard work girls!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote