Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-07-2004, 10:30 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 307/187/130

Height: 5'4"

Welcome Hope!

We all get our exercise in using Walk Away the Pounds videos by Leslie Sansone! Do you have them? Which is your favorite? Are you currently on a healthy eating plan? I use South Beach as my new way of life and I love it! I hope you stick around so we can get to know you better.
Again welcome to 3FC!!
Michelle
MichelleRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 06:39 PM   #32  

Hi everyone!! It is so great to see our walking group grow. Welcome all new walkers!! My church had our annual festival this weekend and I helped out both Sat. and Sun. I'm exhausted. I counted 1 mile each day since I was doing alot of walking around. I am taking the day off but will get back in the swing of things first thing in the morning. I plan to at least get a 2 mile walk in. Have a great night everyone!!

julie
jules02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004, 11:05 PM   #33  

Hi all,

I haven't posted in awhile because I haven't walked in 4 or 5 days. Boy is it going to be hard to get back into the habit. My husband surprised me with a romantic weekend out of town at a victorian bed and breakfast for our anniversary -- needless to say I didn't get much walking in. I'll be out of town this weekend also. Hopefully then I'll be able to get back on a schedule and work toward my goal --- maybe I shouldn't have been so optimistic huh?!!?

Looks like our walking group is growing -- that's great! Keep up all the good work everyone!
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 01:06 AM   #34  

4 more miles for me today!! 23 for the month! I did 4 miles and 15 min floor toning and 15 min resistance training. Keep up the good work.

Mrs. Beasley: by the way what is your real name lol I always feel like I'm back in school talking to my teacher I hope you had a great romantic weekend!! Some day my hubby will learn the art of romance but in the mean time I'll take him as he is! He's special in his own right

Goodnight girls!!
Michelle
Old 06-08-2004, 08:17 AM   #35  

Hi Michelle,

My real name is Vickie. It took my hubby 17 years to do something romantic so don't lose hope -- and I think he had coaching from some friends of ours.

23 miles already! That's great!!!!!
mrs.beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 02:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Hey gang!

I've had 2 really late nights in a row (have I told yall that I have teenagers) so I was not able to get up and do WATP yesterday or this morning, and I am not too happy about it either! I am to the point that if anything messes up my exercise routine then I am not a happy camper.

But I just got back from walking 2 miles during lunch.

June = 13 miles

next?

Last edited by cathyxxx; 06-08-2004 at 02:14 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:46 AM   #37  

Good Morning Gang! is everybody walking???

I was able to get to bed at 10 last night, so I got up at 5 this morning and did a 2 mile WATP w/weights and then some situps and tummy leg lifts!

June = 15 miles

next?
Old 06-09-2004, 01:17 PM   #38  

Height: 5'-2"

Well, I haven't walked yet, but I just did 30 minutes on the bike and an hour of weights with my trainer!!
Good going, Cathy!!!

BTW, I posted this link in the pedometer thread. If anyone is interested, it's for charting your step progress... you can print it out.
I used it last year, and it really got my motivated.
http://lancaster.unl.edu/food/walk.pdf
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 02:03 PM   #39  

wow ellis! an hour of weights with a trainer!
that's awesome!
are you sore girlie?
how long you been working out with weights?
I've been trying to do strength training 3 nights a week but just for 15 or 20 minutes at a time. wow!
Old 06-09-2004, 02:15 PM   #40  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks, Cathy! I've been working out with him once a week since around March. He has me do 3 (1 hour sessions) days of cardio per week alternated with 3 days of weights.
The hour DOES include cool down stretches.
It's REALLY hard for me to get to the gym 6 days a week (I'm lazy!), but it really motivates me having a trainer. Only thing is, I've only lost 6 pounds! waaaaaaaaahh!!
I know I'm building muscle, and the weight will eventually come off, but I'm VERY impatient!!!
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:27 PM   #41  

well hello everyone
I really enjoy walking and would love to join.I dont do tapes but i walk at the local school track 2 miles a day. I am getting really comfortable and want to add 1 more mile a day or maybe only on weekends. If you guys allow me and accept me although it is already june 9th I aim for 40 miles.

Godd look to all!
PUERTO RICAN GODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 03:40 PM   #42  

Hey girls I havent done my work out yet but I'm going to do it when I get home, 4 miles and 30 minutes of strength/resistance training.

I'm glad to see that some of us are incorporating weights/strength training in to our programs!! Thats so wonderful and motivating!!

Ellis - I've recently bumped my workouts up to 1.5 hours a day and my scale hasn't moved the last week!! I made my hubby move it today so I can't find it lol. I know I'm building muscle but it is so frustrating to not see that scale move I know what you are feeling girl hang in there!!

Cathy - Keep up the great work!!! You are doing a wonderful job!! I'm so proud of you!!!

Welcome Puerto its great to have you here!!

Vickie - How you doing girl? Hanging in there? Can't wait to hear how you are doing!!

Well I'll post again after work, keep up the excellent work guys!!
Michelle
Old 06-09-2004, 04:53 PM   #43  

Goddesses...hmmm I like that name - thank you Jack!

I don't go to the gym. never have. have always worked out at home and walked my 2 mile block or the track at the park or the mall or used exercise videos - wherever I can get it in. I have 2 boys that are now teenagers and I have always had to work in my work outs to "home time". Now I have teenagers around my house all the time, and I still need to work it into my "home time". Also, honestly, I cannot afford to go to a gym. I'm not sure I would like working out around other people, but even so, I can't spend the money and I would be looking at more time out of my day in order to drive to one. I just have to do what works for me.

But you bring up a good question....and now you have me wondering how many do go to the gym to work out.

Michelle - can I ask you girlie - I thought you were at a stay at home mom - now you've got me wondering how in the world do you get so much exercise in each day since you are working mom, with 2 little ones and such a busy life? details girlie I need details! LOL do you ever sleep? hehe
Old 06-09-2004, 07:40 PM   #44  

Hi everyone and welcome new walkers!! I finally received my Leslie Pilates video. It consists of pretty basic pilates moves. I've done it twice so far and like it. The video is 45 minutes long (15 minutes instruction, 15 minutes of matwork and 15 minutes of the "challenge" - this is the matwork with the use of a resistance band). I think I'll continue using my WATP tapes 5-6 times a week and add the 15 minute pilates "challenge" 2-3 times a week. I'm so glad to see everyone doing so well.
Cathy - 15 miles is great!!
Michelle - wow 23!!
Keep it up girls!!

julie

June miles = 11
jules02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 08:09 PM   #45  

Well since everybody is talking about strength training - I just did 20 minutes with hand weights when I got home. Now I'm gonna grill me a chicken breast with an onion and chow down.

Julie - I'm so glad you finally got your tape in. thanks for letting us know about it. About the 15 minutes of instructions....so like once you figure out what you are doing, will you just skip that part and just do the 30 minutes of matwork and challenge?

Welcome all new walkers! Just jump right on in - we are glad to have ya!

Cathy