i need excercise for my thighs!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • hello im kaiti and my thighs are big. i just need to know a way to make them smaller. if anyone has an idea it would be appreciated.

-kaiti
  • hey hey,
    although I have fallen off the wagon and sprouted new girth, I found that pilates was absolutely exceptional for transforming my thigh dumping ground into something a little sleeker, and in a very short amount of time ( like four video sessions later) I did the Crunch pick your spot pilates.. when I can afford it, I'm goin for the big one, Winsor pilates... hope this helps!
  • thanks for the idea...

if anyone else has an idea it would be appreciated!

-kaitikat

im still gonna do that darn treadmill!!!
  • Pilates is great. So is walking. It will tone and trim your legs. A friend of mine who is already in shape began running and her legs really thinned out. Good luck
  • Running is what has helped my thighs the most. I have more muscle definition and less flab than I've seen in years.

Are you looking to build muscle and firm up or lose fat? Both are important, but I've always had a strong lower body, so I really needed to work on reducing my body fat to slim my thighs down.
  • You can do lunges & squats, as well as floorwork, like leg raises
  • hello everyone...thanks for all the ideas! im looking to lose the flab on my thighs. i dont wanna be embarrassed anymore! im gonna try those squats and lunges...i have a question...are leg raises just when you raise your leg up in the air? i was just wondering... (cant you tell im a blonde?!?)

-kaitikat
  • kaitikat,

Sorry it was vague think about being on the floor on your knees & elbows (on all fours). And kick your legs back, like doing a backwards karate kick. Or you can do leg lifts, by keeping your leg straight, or you can bend your leg (so it looks like an L) and lift them up.

Pictures would help better, check out exercise (dot) about (dot) com (take out the (dot)) for visuals
  • thanks! now i know what you mean!
  • have you tried pilates and yoga? I've found that it does wonders for all my "trouble" areas-definitely makes me feel better overall.
  • Pilates seems to be working for me - I have the Windsor Pilates DVD's. I also Bellydance which has helped shave a few inches of my hips and thighs as well as tightening my tush.

The Billy Blanks Tae Bo tapes are a great workout for lower body too.
  • thanks everyone!

-kaitikat
  • Glad I hopped over to this board. Reading differant topics and learning alot! Thanks!
  • no problem!

-kaitikat
  • stair climbing its like squats lunges and walking all in one this will only tone the muscles and make you legs appear slimmer but there will be the same amount of fat as you can't spot reduce although the excersise will burn alot of calories