Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 08-04-2004, 10:15 PM   #91  
KAR

Thanks Sheila for your kind words and encouragement! Hugs go out to you.
I know that you will be able to get back into the routine of Curves 4x aweek. Just don't over do it. As for the bf, what guy is really going to come out and say that he is feeling left out and wants to spend more time with you? I know that my dh wouldn't. So I hope you can work out something to make you both happy.

Kerry
KAR73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 08:24 AM   #92  

Default 2nd Month Weight/Measurements

I got weighed and measured this morning:

6/8/04 7/7/04 8/9/04
Bust 40.50 40.00 38.50
Waist 34.25 33.00 32.00
Abdomen 39.00 38.50 36.50
Hips 43.25 43.25 43.23
Thighs 26.50 26.50 26.00
Arms 13.50 13.50 12.50
Weight 167 165 169
Body Fat 35.00% 34.00% 34.40%

So I gained 4 pounds! Which I guess doesn't matter too much but my body fat did go up slightly. But, I did lose 7.52 inches this month. This month I started just really pushing on the machines and using the recovery boards just to recover and I did lose more inches and it could also explain the weight gain -- some could be muscule gain. My biggest loss thus far is my bust of course but I expected that because I don't have much of a bust when I'm thin. The hips are being a little stubborn but at least the thighs finally started to budge. I'm goign to continue the M,W,F pushing on the machines and plan to add a Tuesday or Thursday or both when time allows to push more on the recover boards and not do much on the machines. I really need more cardio. Anyway, hope everyone had a great weekend!!
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 01:39 PM   #93  
KAR

Congrats Mayday on your inches lost. The four pounds are probably like you said muscle gain. Keep up the great work! It is paying off for you. I am so proud for you!!

I am trying to motivate myself to go to Curves and put in my workout. My friend that goes with me during the summer since I don't have to work right now, wasn't able to go this morning. So I slept in, had to feed the kids,clean up the kitchen, sweep the floors and do laundry. So now I think I am finally ready to go.

I hope everyone else is doing great and had a wonderful weekend!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-02-2004, 09:44 PM   #94  
KAR

Hi ladies,
Where are you? I miss chatting with everyone! Hope you are all doing well!
Take care,
Kerry
Old 09-08-2004, 09:39 AM   #95  

Default 3 month results

I'm a little sad about these results But I'm not going to give up. This morning was my 3 month weigh-in/measurements and here are my results:

6/8 ---7/7--- 8/9--- -9/8
Bust 40.5--- 40--- 38.5--- 38.5
Waist 34.25--- 33---32---- 32
Abs 39------ 38.5- 36.5 --38.5
Hips 43.25--- 43.25--43.23- 44
Thighs 26.5--- 26.5--- 26--- 26
Arms 13.5---- 13.5-- 12.5-- 13.5
Wgt. 167--- 165---- 169-- 168
Body Fat 35%--34%---34.4%--34.1%

As you can see, from August to September all of my measurements either stayed the same or went back up. My hips are bigger than when I started. I even made it to Curves an average of 3 times a week this month whereas other months I had vacations that kept me from going. A little disheartening. But I'm going to try to use these results to make myself work harder. I go to Curves every M,W,F. I was going on a Tues or Thurs if I was free and doing mainly cardio and not working the machines as much but I think instead I'll do a cardio tape at home. I guess I had just hoped to have looser jeans after 3 months but I guess it just takes me a little longer. I hope everyone is doing well!!
mayday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 03:58 AM   #96  
Losin' It!

Thumbs up Going Back After Slacking Off

I feel so very guilty for not going at all the entire summer. I joined in April, went twice and that was that. It wasn't that I didn't like, I loved it.

I can excuse the remainder of April, the entirety of May and half of June. I fell down stairs, broke my collar bone, two ribs and my ankle. I had a two and half month recovery period before I was allowed to resume exercise.

But I cannot excuse the following months to the present. "Things just came up" is rather truthful, but I could have made it work. The other one that "It's so hard to get back into the swing of things" is also truthful, but I still could have tried. I pass by it everytime I run errands!

Unfortunately, I'm bad about "all or nothing" thinking, so one day per week as opposed to the normal three still would have been better than nothing, but I still saw it as a total failure. If I can't do what I should, I tend to not do it at all.

Old habits die hard, don't they?

As with all my other percieved failures in diet and fitness, I'm having a very hard time letting go, forgiving myself and just getting back on the proverbial horse. If beating myself up was a calorie-burning exercise, I'd be a model...

I've not had good experiences with fitness/weight loss consultants in the past... they were quick to be very critical and angry with me for not doing what I was supposed to do. That only discourages me further and makes me feel really bad about myself. So, a small part of my excuses have to do with fear of the owner/consultant (I don't know the proper title) being that way and not really being welcomed back. I normally don't give a hoot what most people think, but in situations like this it matters to me to feel welcomed back or not.

Regardless, I've been thinking about Curves everyday for two weeks, and especially with last weeks clothes shopping fiasco! (Nothing fit, nothing looked good and I have no more jeans to wear... just baggy jogging pants, period. Bleh)

I walked today.... TWO whole miles! I'm very proud of myself. I had to take breaks along the way and catch my breath and take a drink... it was mostly at a moderately steep incline with some minor ups and downs towards the end. I've never been able to conquer anything like that before. I guess those short weekend hikes all summer long in the Rockies made a difference afterall.

That kinda motivated me the most to go back. I saw what I could do, and how it made me feel and how far I've gotten with only a weekend trek. Imagine how much I could do with Curves 3x a week combined with those Rocky Mountain treks. Hiking in the mountains is my absolute favorite thing to do... but it saddens me I have to do the baby trails, and not the good ones that offer rewarding scenery. But with Curves, I can really change that and become one of those hikers I see pass me all the time that I envy so much.

If the owner has the reaction I'm afraid of, then I figure, that since there's a Curves on almost every block in my city (I suppose that why it's the thinnest city in America...) I can go to another one.

I really have to do this for myself. I'm far, far too young (22) to weigh 330lbs and mope around because I'm too out of shape to do anything else.

I'm going tomorrow, and that's that.

Morning Star
Morning_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 07:17 AM   #97  
Psalm 91:9-11

Location: I am from 29 Palms, California... but now live in Northeast, Ohio

S/C/G: SW-245.5/CW-209/GW-170

Height: 5'5"

Smile

Hello Morning Star!

Boy girl... you have been through quite allot... good for you getting back into the swing of things again. Sometimes when I think too long and hard about exercising I just don't do it. I have found that for me I just have to "just do it" or "I don't!"

I go to Curves every Tues. & Thurs. and Walk the other days and I have a Walkers Thread that just began October 1st (& begins new each month), there you set YOUR OWN GOALS and no one is competitive, just try to do your best to meet the goals YOU SET for yourself. Some walk allot and some don't (moi), so don't feel intimidated by some of the others goals, just set your own Allot of great gals post there too! I post more there and some of the Curver's also post there... wanna come join us? We'd sure love to have you! The more the merrier

Click on LINK---> http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...6&page=1&pp=15

Hope to see you there !!!
SunnyD
<><

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
SunnyD57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:22 AM   #98  

Just wanted to pop in and say Hi- I joined 3FC yesterday and I love it.

I've been going to Curves for almost 4 months now. I love it. The women there have truly become a family and huge support system. It's not like any other gym where, ugh I don't want to go, so I won't, deal. It's a chance to catch up with friends for 30 minutes out of my day and do something truly for me. I love it! Most important I love seeing the women that I've come to be friends with lose- seeing the change in them and knowing that they're seeing the change in me. It's such an experience to be able to share something that personal- losing weight and toning up with so many people.

Thought I'd share my measurements and goals since I saw some before me... I lost 18.5 total inches in the 3 months, and gained 1 lb (eating whatever I wanted) .

I joined the Curves diet class last tuesday, (because I wasn't seeing a change in my weight, even though I wanted to) using the member guide as a reference. I get weighed today and hopefully go on to Phase 2.

Bust:
42.00 6/30/04
40.00 7/28/04
39.25 8/27/04
40.25 9/28/04

Waist:
33.00 6/30/04
33.25 7/28/04
31.50 8/27/04
33.00 9/28/04

Abs:
44.00 6/30/04
41.00 7/28/04
40.25 8/27/04
40.00 9/28/04

Hips:
48.50 6/30/04
47.50 7/28/04
47.25 8/27/04
47.25 9/28/04

Thighs:
31.75 6/30/04
26.25 7/28/04
29.00 8/27/04
26.50 9/28/04

Arms:
12.50 6/30/04
12.00 7/28/04
12.00 8/27/04
12.00 9/28/04
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:00 PM   #99  
KAR

Welcome Morning Star and Kandice!!!!
Morning Star, you have been through a lot. But you can overlook those back thoughts and feelings and stares from others and get right back in the swing of things. Just take baby steps. You will feel so much better about your self by just getting in a little bit of excerise each day and then gradually built up to being one of those hikers next summer that you passed this summer.
Kandice Way to go about breaking the 200 pound mark. I am so proud of you!!! I have been close to the 200 pound mark several times and then I gain some weight back. I have been at 204 and that was my closest to 200. I came currently 208. I hope to be reaching that 200 mark by the end of November. Keep up the great work.
I have been going to Curves since the end of Dec. 2003. I love it there. I have done really good. I have lost about 17 to 18 inches since joining. This past month, I lost 4.5 inches from my abs and 1.5 inches from my hips. So my pants are fitting me differently. It is such a great feeling to be getting skinner. I have been walking every day since school started in August. During the week, I walk 2 miles every day. Then on the weekend's I either walk 3 miles or 4 miles. Plus I go to Curves three to four times aweek. It is such a great stress reliever. Well I better go and get ready to go for a quick stroll around the block before I got to my stepkids' soccer games.
Check back with you later.
Old 11-04-2004, 10:56 AM   #100  

since my last post- I have been doing the curves diet- LC- and lost 11.5 lbs and 10 inches last month! for a total of 28.5 inches and 10.75 lbs...

it's my hips that are keeping me in a size 16- everything else falls in the 11/12 size. but I did lose 2.75 inches from my hips this month- so hopefully some more next time so I can buy some new pants!!

hope everyone elses curves experience is going good!
Old 11-09-2004, 04:37 PM   #101  

I just joined Curves last night! I made it through the circuit twice before I had to leave. Not bad, I don't think. I was also still in my scrubs from work! That wasn't very comfortable for exercise, but I didn't think I'd be going through it last night! So today I've packed up some gym clothes to head over after work. I'm really excited to have joined and get to do this now. I want so badly to be a healthy, thinner person! I can't wait to start seeing results.

I started dieting last week. I have completely cut out sodas from my diet. That was SO HARD for me. I LIVED on Dr. Pepper before last week. I haven't even craved it. It's been water and iced tea for me ever since last Monday. Too bad I can't stomach diet drinks. I just hate the aftertaste. But water is better for me anyway. I've had breakfast EVERY day, which is a real stretch for me. I usually have breakfast about twice a year LOL. So I'm trying to get my 3 meals a day in. I'm so glad I found this website. You guys are great!

~Kerri~
~Kerri~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 12:17 PM   #102  
Future Size 6

Is anyone interested in continuing this thread? I just joined Curves this morning, and I'd really love to have the encouragement of reading all your testimonials and progress.
Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 01:20 PM   #103  

I love Curves- hope you enjoy it! I've been a member since June 30, 2004 and lost 28.25 inches and 19.25 lbs and 14.95 body fat lbs! AND for the first time that I can ever remember my body fat % is below 30%! (it's 29.9% and dropping) I love seeing the changes- there's a curves song like that (at least on the music we listen to)

Congrats on making the first step!
Old 12-07-2004, 04:54 PM   #104  
Future Size 6

Thank you, Kandice! I really enjoyed today's workout; I think this is actually something I can stick with. About time I found that!

Wow, and go you, reaching your mini-goal a MONTH EARLY!
Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:31 PM   #105  
Made my Goal weight!

Hi Ladies
I everyone, I am new to the whole curves experience and wondering if I can join your thread.
my name is Leanne, I am 26...I have 3 kids...3.5, 16 months and 2.5 months...I joined curves Nov 25, and MUCH to my surprise I LOVE IT. After I had my daughter I was KILLING myself in the gym, for hours at a time (which I dont have) and getting BURNED out. my friend took my to curves for their :bring a friend" night, and I loved it. What is HARD for me, is to feel like I had a great workout even though I am not sweating my brains out. I guess I always thought the more you sweat the better the workout. I am finding out this isnt true. Anyone else?
Anywho, I hope you let me join this thread...I am soooo motivated

Leanne

SW 204 (sept 21/04) 1 day before birth
SW 190 (day I came home from the hospital)
CW 154 (been busting my butt for it)
GW 130 (but 140-145 by Xmas)
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote