Power Yoga

• I bought a Yoga Zone Power Yoga for beginners dvd on Ebay and was wondering if anyone else does power yoga. Also, how you seen results doing it?

Melanie
  • Hi Melanie, I have been taking yoga classes since January. I have one class a week and try to do a little bit more at home durning the week. None I would call Power Yoga. Yes, I am seeing results in that I am getting better at the poses. I am also amazed at what effort holding a pose takes. It makes me feel terrific. I use Rodney Yee's Yoga for Abs tape and I like it a lot. I also lift weights and do cardio, I think they all contribute to my getting fitter. I would encourage anyone to do yoga for the way it revitalizes you. Glad you started a yoga thread. I am a beginner but I love to talk about yoga. How are you liking your tape?
  • I try to get to a yoga class once a week, usually power yoga or bikram yoga, and I love it. I use it as a complement to my usual running and weight lifting.

As far as results, my balance and flexibility have really improved since I started. I also feel more relaxed and don't have as much tightness in my neck and shoulders when I am going to yoga regularly.
  • Hi,

My balance has really improved. I still need work with flexibiliy, but I'm getting better. I REALLY enjoy all of yoga zone's dvd's. Deep Discount DVD sells most of them for seven dollars or less! I also like Sara Ivanhoe's power yoga dvd.

sherry
  • OK, this thread got me to thinking about the Brian Kest Power Yoga Video at the back of the video shelf. I drug it out a couple days ago and made it through about 5 minutes, today I warmed up a little first and gave it another shot. I'd say I was able to do about 85% of it. It's pretty good, sure worked up a sweat. There are a couple poses that are just impossible for me but I'm thinking maybe w/ a strap I could work out a modification of the bow (I think it's called). It was fun, I felt great afterwards and while it demands strength I believe I'll call it my cardio for the day. It is just shy of an hour and really starts out intensely and doesn't let up until the final pose. Yesterday I did my Yoga Abs and I have a class Thursday so feeling great about getting my yoga in this week.
  • http://www.yogajournal.com/index.cfm

A great yoga source for explaining poses, modifications, etc. I am sore all over today from the tape I did yesterday.
  • Hey, just wondered if anyone here is doing yoga on a regular basis and how you are doing with it. I am still attending weekly classes. I am doing Rodney Yee's Beginner Abs once a week and sometimes a third video. I just ordered several new RY videos from http://www.gaiam.com/retail/category...Fitness&Page=1 as they are having a sale on them now for Mother's Day. Hope some more yogis will check in here for updates. I have just completed my 4th month of yoga and am beginning to see the cumulative results in terms of flexibility, though I still have a long long way to go.