Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-13-2004, 03:55 PM   #1  

Default Power Yoga

I bought a Yoga Zone Power Yoga for beginners dvd on Ebay and was wondering if anyone else does power yoga. Also, how you seen results doing it?

Melanie
mellywelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 08:20 AM   #2  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi Melanie, I have been taking yoga classes since January. I have one class a week and try to do a little bit more at home durning the week. None I would call Power Yoga. Yes, I am seeing results in that I am getting better at the poses. I am also amazed at what effort holding a pose takes. It makes me feel terrific. I use Rodney Yee's Yoga for Abs tape and I like it a lot. I also lift weights and do cardio, I think they all contribute to my getting fitter. I would encourage anyone to do yoga for the way it revitalizes you. Glad you started a yoga thread. I am a beginner but I love to talk about yoga. How are you liking your tape?
ledom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 11:47 AM   #3  

I try to get to a yoga class once a week, usually power yoga or bikram yoga, and I love it. I use it as a complement to my usual running and weight lifting.

As far as results, my balance and flexibility have really improved since I started. I also feel more relaxed and don't have as much tightness in my neck and shoulders when I am going to yoga regularly.
katia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #4  

Hi,

My balance has really improved. I still need work with flexibiliy, but I'm getting better. I REALLY enjoy all of yoga zone's dvd's. Deep Discount DVD sells most of them for seven dollars or less! I also like Sara Ivanhoe's power yoga dvd.

sherry
suzie76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:40 AM   #5  
Chick

OK, this thread got me to thinking about the Brian Kest Power Yoga Video at the back of the video shelf. I drug it out a couple days ago and made it through about 5 minutes, today I warmed up a little first and gave it another shot. I'd say I was able to do about 85% of it. It's pretty good, sure worked up a sweat. There are a couple poses that are just impossible for me but I'm thinking maybe w/ a strap I could work out a modification of the bow (I think it's called). It was fun, I felt great afterwards and while it demands strength I believe I'll call it my cardio for the day. It is just shy of an hour and really starts out intensely and doesn't let up until the final pose. Yesterday I did my Yoga Abs and I have a class Thursday so feeling great about getting my yoga in this week.
Old 04-21-2004, 07:38 AM   #6  
Chick

http://www.yogajournal.com/index.cfm

A great yoga source for explaining poses, modifications, etc. I am sore all over today from the tape I did yesterday.
Old 04-30-2004, 12:34 PM   #7  
Chick

Hey, just wondered if anyone here is doing yoga on a regular basis and how you are doing with it. I am still attending weekly classes. I am doing Rodney Yee's Beginner Abs once a week and sometimes a third video. I just ordered several new RY videos from http://www.gaiam.com/retail/category...Fitness&Page=1 as they are having a sale on them now for Mother's Day. Hope some more yogis will check in here for updates. I have just completed my 4th month of yoga and am beginning to see the cumulative results in terms of flexibility, though I still have a long long way to go.